Killers - Fun to play as & to VS [Tierlist]

Options

Fun to play as

Fun to play againts (VS)

Comments

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,405
    Options

How the heck do you not enjoy fighting Nemesis?

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,281
    Options
    • Zombies are RNG and can be annoying. You are trying to finish gen and suddenly zombie lady comes to visit you and refusese to go away until you drop a pallet on her. Also getting hit because zombie is just behind corner a wall standing without a sound warning mid chase is very fun! /s
    • Nemesis players usualy like to tunnel the hell out of anyone they catches first.
    • His power is just pre-drop pallet or get hit and hold W.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,405
    Options
  • UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,065
    edited April 19
    Options

Your tier colours are gnarly in these lists.

Some interesting takes:

• Singularity is odd given your avatar... I find them more fun to play. Finding nice high walls to PoD and then successfully chasing a survivor into that PoD for a goop has a Trapper like satisfying effect.
    • Pig because I'm biased 😏
    • Huntress annd Pyramid Head is an odd pair at the bottom to play against.
    • Also double F tier Pyramid Head, Hag and Myers 😳 Hag I kinda get cause she is very unique, and can be rather oppessively camp orientated… Myers is weak, so I get that, even though I find him fun enough to not care either way. Pyramid Head though? Why the hate my guy? 🥺
    • Cheeky Skull Merchant I see... 😏 you’ll ruffle some feathers with that... tbf I actually do have fun against her and as her when people actually play. I guess if she hard counters what you want to do I can see the hate, but as someone who hasn't got a set idea what each killer should be... she seems fine to me.

Post edited by UndeddJester on
  • Chocolate_Cosmos
    Options

Thanks for nice comment! :3 The colors are there because each tierlist talks about something else so its bit easier to not bland themselfs next to each other.

• Singularity is very unique killer and I rly like Singu but he is difficult and I need to have a mood for him. His counterplay feels pretty bad when Survivors use EMPs well and offten. Its like you have to tryhard with him and they just "haha hold M2 and bye power".
    • Pig can be fun when you run that two add-ons that makes your dash useable (the base kit buffs aren't enough for me).
    • Huntress is a weird pick for me, because I have nothing agains her, even after they buffed her (I am glad they did). But playing againts her is just kinda boring. The power is super simple and nothing interesting for me as Survivor going on againts her.
    • Pyramid Head is just king of tunneling and 80% of them I have faced will play the exact same way: torment someone —> tunnel them out ASAP and proxi camp / find fast cages to tunnel.
    • When it comes to F tier as to play as: Hag is just slow, small and only viable if you camp area of a map, not my style. If you don't have set up you are worse M1 killer that can't chase. Mikeal is only fun when you run OP addons on him, otherwise he is boring and weak (that's why also he is bad to go againts, he is either weak and boring or OP and kills someone with mori in 5 min because someone fed him early on). Pyramid Head is so clunky and the power to use feels so slow and animation where he shakes his camere while holding the sword is annoying to me.
    • SM I just like on both sides. She is simple but I like her. Ofc I dislike Gen Merchants (even some still try this to this date for some reason), when she plays for chases she can be pretty exciting. I like her haste, info and area denier.

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 160
    Options

Dislike playing against Michael and nemmy but dull merchant and chucky is fun?? Wow okay

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,275
    Options

bro what

SM, Chucky, Twins and Trickster. How

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 708
    Options

why is pyramid head this low 😭

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Options

Others playing him be like: "Me go tunnel, you go cage, me find you again, me hook you now again, die thanks!"

Me playing him: "Bro what is this camera movement...", "Man this feels so stiff and clunky and slow....".

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Options

Tbf I think Twins would be lower if they would be played more than 0.03% players at any given time. You have one Twins in like 100+ games so it is like Christmass holiday to see them.

• blackfox0408_fr_
    blackfox0408_fr_ Member Posts: 78
    Options

To play (from left to right)

To play against (from left to right)

If you have comments, then just quote and ask ;)

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Options

Mikeal comes to you from your fed fellow SoloQ memeber to insta mori you because he has 0 terror radius and tombstone. Huraa fun!

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Options

I wonder why you don't like Dredge, Sadako and Xeno.

You dislike to VS ghostface, is it at least somewhat thanks to how bad his reveal mechanic works?

Why do you dislike Sadako and Freddy?

• ChrissyG88
    ChrissyG88 Member Posts: 21
    Options

I hate playing vs Spirit with every inch of my soul.

• Pulsar
    Options

I mean yeah if the Christmas holiday is getting stuck in the airport for a week lol

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 599
    Options

My tier lists:

To play as

To Play against

• LiveBritishReaction
    LiveBritishReaction Member Posts: 425
    Options

If a Nemesis is getting his whip 360'd it's time for him to close the game and head to bed for the night.

• blackfox0408_fr_
    blackfox0408_fr_ Member Posts: 78
    Options

Dredge's power is very easy to counter and he is pretty weak

Sadako is very binary, you either get it all or just get nothing which is tiring for me idk how to phrse it in another way

Xeno, no counterplay on both sides of the chase, very boring

And idk why but whenever i play against ghostface i can never get anything, doesn't matter which role i play, as soo as i play survivor, he is extremely sneaky and gets off stalk and i cant reveal him while looking at him directly and as ghostface, i always get revealed in 2 seconds after poping power… skill issue but yeah i hate him

And freddy is extremely boring whatever he has and sadako is binary … so i either get everything or nothing …

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,207
    Options

Here are mine:

Fun to play as:

Wesker and Pinhead are absent because I've never played them.

Fun to play against:

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 108
    Options

Chucky, SM and Trickster in the "fun to play against" category is bait, surely?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 7,990
    edited April 20
    Options

To play as (everything Fun and above is played regularly):

To play against:

I don't like playing as killers who can have their power reset by turrets, EMPs, and whatnot. Absolutely kills those characters for me.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,084
    Options
  • radiantHero23
    Options

People have different taste.

I personally would put Wesker in the lowest tier to play as and in one of the higest to play against. Can´t stand playing him for some reason.

Im also positively suprised how high Knight is in most of these lists. Im so glad that his reputation has changed this much. If he´d just got this much attention from BHVR to fix him as he gets from the players.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,612
    Options

Here's mine:

• Pulsar
    Options

Obviously yeah people have different tastes but Twins, SM, Chucky and Trickster?

I could see how maybe people have softened to Twins, even though they're slugging machines. Trickster is just, " You die if there's no high walls and if there are, you die slightly slower. Also, lmao, get camped."

Chucky is, "Scamper, go under pallet, M1, repeat.

I don't even need to mention SM.

• radiantHero23
    Options

Some people still try to play Chucky more fun and go for more interesting plays. I for myself do that.

If you get this kind of Chucky (the one that doesnt use scamper, except for when already running and screaming, the match is really fun.

• Pulsar
    Options

Well, yeah, but let's be honest that's a rarity.

Most players aren't gonna intentionally make things harder for themselves

• xCALLxMExJJx
    xCALLxMExJJx Member Posts: 12
    Options

As with all lists its biased but here's my thoughts fun to play against clown (because the visuals) demogorgon because of the visuals when closing the portals and him coming in and out when you least expect it. Plague because of all the puking really really fun playing as her because you can just keep puking on them harmlessly. Playing against a good spirit is really fun, she's high except not many good spirits play often. The executioner is fun to go against too because you can become afflicted and sent to the cage which is always cool. I guess basically the funnest killers to play against are the ones who can do stuff other than just hit you and tote you to a hook. I want Jeepers creepers and 2 survivors from his second movie the white and black teammates and then you guys don't have to make a single other killer. I'd be content

• radiantHero23
    Options

Sadly, because this makes the game more interesting. Maybe we should all rethink our priorities, that have been so distorted by the introduction of MMR.

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 373
    edited April 22
    Options

Keep in mind, I'm still only 400 hours into the game and haven't had much chance to play the ones in the bottom tier. But most of them are killers I have difficulties with.

The hate list is very biased at the moment and reflects the current killers I've been against recently (which is an MMR problem, I'll admit that), so its more I hate the playstyle they encourage rather than the killer themselves. Because, as you can see from my "like" list, I do find a lot of the killers interesting, I'm just bad at playing them. Also, a lot of the "Mid/Meh" Tier is dedicated to killers I don't see all that often so I don't have an opinion on any of them. I've seen, maybe 2 Hags during the entirety of the two years I've been regularly playing DbD.

EAT: Updated tier list for killers I can play.

Post edited by BrightWolf on
  • supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,312
    Options

First billy sometimes fun I guess. I assume because his skill floor has lowered a lot? So most billys can just pull their saw out at most pallets to get value. Though in my bracket I still see some clean curves. Also surprised to see bubba so low since he's raised a lot in healthy play from what I've seen and heard. Agreed on the rest!

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 373
    Options

It's not so much a skill floor thing, but more so I get a little seasick when playing these killers (which is why Blight and Oni are also on the bottom, yet Legion is fine somehow? Trust me, I don't get it either. XD), which is odd because I don't get motion sickness IRL.

As to why they're on my hate list, I've just had some bad experiences against these killers because of certain play styles they encourage and they come across as kind of boring. Like, you just know what to expect so you don't really feel like you want to play as optimally as possible if it means you're just going to be 3-gen-guarded, camped or soft tunnelled out.

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 78
    Options

i find twins super fun to play as however the bugs hold them back alot. When i get a match with 0 bugs it's actually a blast