Clown is new Blight

Options
Marioneo
Marioneo Member Posts: 322

Oh boy people are sleeping on Clowns addon changes the two flask addons now give 5% more speed to the already 10% yellow bottles use 1 yellow Bottle and 1 purple bottle on the survivor and they can't even finish 1 loop on a tile

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,501
    Options

it is not exactly 15%. It is 17.5% relative increase. When you go through the pink gas+yellow gas, add 15% hindered and your effectively moving at 147.5% for few seconds. that is almost as fast as cloaked wraith. that should answer why your not making around 1 loop on a tile. my advice vs clown is pre-drop pallets and react to lunge if loop isolated. If not isolated, there is specific type of pathing you can do vs clown that makes him waste bottles while being safe. it is hold-w but it is complicated type of hold-w.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 451
    Options

You are not giving Clown enough credit. He can turn some tiles that good players are comfortable looping complete unsafe or even free downs. The age of just pre throwing pallets is long gone, since some many safe tiles cannot just be abandoned. There is a clown main out there that wins the majority of his matches while nearly never breaking a single pallet, even at jungle gyms.

The only reason clowns lose is because he is not as fast at downing people like Nurse or Blight, but in a clown chase he is basically one of the best 1v1 characters in the game. Its just he is in a 1v4 game.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 311
    Options

I'm not. Clown was my first dlc killer and my main for a good while. The speed you get from the pee bottles combined with his slowdown means I don't even run any Gen perks. NWO, RM, BW and NOED for a nasty endgame surpriseand I've been doing better with him than my actual main killer(Artist).

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,146
    edited April 19
    Options

Pre update

Base kit, 141.5% speed differential (5.66m/s)

With flask of bleach, 145.5% speed differential (5.82m/s)

Post update

With new speed addons, 147.25% speed difference. (5.89m/s)

With 3% and flash of bleach, 148.95% speed difference (5.958m/s)

(The differential is comparatively to how fast you are moving the clown is moving so all speed you would lose and he would gain is just added together you would still technically be at 4.0m/s its just for comparison)

Yeah hes like slightly better at the cost of both addon slots 0.3m/s isn't bad but I wouldn't call him the new blight since even current blight can get +1.1m/s out of crow. Clowns addons don't even compare

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,111
    Options

Clown has always had quick chase potential when you greed pallets instead of playing them dropped to avoid the hinder. This doesn’t matter in the end when he still has to walk across the map to do anything.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 322
    Options

i think the 6 bottles at basekit makes him strong

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 4,923
    edited April 19
    Options

I think you are missing the point. The point was that, clown already does that, so the addons don't help him do that better and aren't really that good. His best addon is the aura reading one, coupled with probably duration, or maybe the slow increase.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 198
    Options

As good as those addons are, it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever take the cigar box addon off of Clown

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 108
    Options

2 addon slots for a mere 5% increase during piss bottle isn't what I would call "new Blight". He has plenty of better addons.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,853
    Options

To be honest, for how much they love Haste, they gave a Killer who has Haste at base Haste Add-ons on top.

They should. rename Clown into "The Haste".

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,085
    Options

So Clown can run across the map to protect a cross-map 5 gen?

Id love to see that.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,732
    Options

I actually love Clown but his biggest issue is he has no map mobility and therefore no pressure. His chase is strong but he lack the mobility of killers like… Blight.