We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Introduce Quick-Chat Options for Survivors

Options

I play Rocket League a lot, and you can set some quick-chat options to the D-Pad. In DBD, there is no current use for the D-Pad in-game, so maybe introduce quick-chat for this?

For those who don't know, in Rocket League, you can set a "build" of 16 different chat options. This works by selecting four different chat options per D-Pad button. So once you select (for example) the "Up" button, you can then select another one of the D-Pad options for the quick chat option you want.

You could even add a third D-Pad stage by directing your chat to one of the specific survivors, or to all survivors.

Some suggestions for quick-chat options:

• "I'm going for the unhook save!"
  • "The killer is camping the hook!"
  • "I'll take chase!"
  • "Go do gens!"
  • "I'm behind you, let me heal you!"
  • "Take the killer away, I'm doing a gen here!"
  • "I like your outfit!"

And so on…

This will help reduce the gap between solo Q survivors and swf.

I also recognise that trolls will be able to abuse this function, but in general I think most will find it useful.

Comments

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,210
    edited April 19
    Options

The funny thing is that DbD Mobile already has a Quick Chat feature and it has been asked to bring it to the PC version many times already. Let's hope they do it soon.

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 691
    Options

Soloq and swf are so different that balancing killers and game itself has no sense.

For me, game should have two modes: competetive where only soloq is allowed with limited info, and casual, where everything is available. And game should be balanced towards competive soloq.

But since neither devs (can't or don't want to) nor community wants such distinction, the other way is to buff soloq, giving them all, or most info that sfw teams have - killer position irt as long as any surv have direct line of sight on killer, info of which killer there is and others, including quick chat. And then buff killers and balance them towards swf.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 441
    Options

The D-pad is used for pointing and the "follow me" gesture, at least by default. I have no idea how the quick chat would work. The few seconds it would take to do such an input could be costly, except for maybe the person on hook.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,210
    Options

It would work like in any other game with that feature: You maintain or push the "Quickchat" button first, and then the Dpad or other button to send the chat. As OP said, you can also have subcategories for such buttons that lead to other messages.

Let's say L1 or the Z key is the Quickchat button, Up in the DPad or W is the "Unhook" category, and in that category Up or W again is "Going to unhook!". So, in a controller, you press L1 and then "Up - Up" to send that message, which would take you less than a second once you know where the messages are.

Simple, easy, and effective. It is a great substitute for in-game voice chat, as it also allows communication between people of different languages, and the devs don't need to set up and maintain voice servers for it.