Is hacking allowed to "streamers"?

Options
jay111134
jay111134 Member Posts: 8
edited April 19 in General Discussions

so i just came across a legit hacker. literally flying across the map, and oh yeah! they have a YouTube channel literally showing their hacking matches (: how is this even allowed? they're literally tagging dead by daylight on the videos. why haven't they gotten banned? this is messed up.

Comments

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 2,999
    Options

Let me guess hillbilly on midwich? Lol I've faced him like a million times the last couple weeks, only one time I survived because the hook he was teleporting the survivor to had another survivor running beside it and it glitched the killer inside a hook and he got stuck

• jay111134
    jay111134 Member Posts: 8
    Options

when and how will dead by daylight take action on these players? it makes the game unplayable.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 231
    Options

I guess the problem is that YT is fine with this. There are some players who stream and publish videos of how they hacking and how funny it is to be anannyoing. BHVR cannot do much against this because YT is not their platform - they can only ask friendly but as long as it is not against YT rules it's fine. Twitch, on the other hand, is more consequent against hacking-game-streams and streamers get banned there, which is very good and why you see them streaming on YT.

(I am not an expert about this but this is what I know about this topic).

The issue there is that when DbD was free on Epic many people bought via Bots so many copies that they don't care about any ban. In the end the developers spend 10 minutes of banning them (reading, watching reports, looking for account ect) and the person needs two seconds to create a new account and do this again. Just taking action does not solve the issue. They need to do bigger changes and adjustments in anticheatprogramms but even then, the creators of cheattools can adjust to this. Unfortunately, it is very difficult and coast so much time and money. Don't get me wrong I would be so happy when cheaters would be gone for ever but this is nearly impossible.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,244
    edited April 20
    Options

Do you REALLY think they are not doing anything against Cheaters? It is an arms race, when they fix something the Cheaters find a new way to cheat and it repeats again. Currently there are a few more cheaters, probably the cheating software got an Update, but once this is fixed, it will be less again and the creators of this Software need to find a new way (which they will most likely do, and then BVHR has to fix it again).

This applies to every Onlinegame. Cheating is not a DBD-exclusive.

Epic Store might have increased the issue, but it is not really the main cause. Because you can get DBD for a few bucks anyway, which is not a big deal for a few weeks of cheating.