We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Blight's Iri Addons

Options
Yagot
Yagot Member Posts: 21
edited April 21 in Feedback and Suggestions

I am pretty sure that most people know that Blight's iri addons are way too strong as they are. I respect the attempt to nerf blight's addons overall since they were extremely strong before, but we currently have an addon set where his iris are just so much stronger than anything else.

As a Blight main, I want my killer to be in a spot where he's perceived as strong but fair, and can be balanced well. But as it stands, his iris are just so much stronger than anything else that you have to balance with those in mind - similar to how clown could not really get buffs since any changes also had to keep in mind his strength with pinky finger (which was solved by setting his bottles to 1 with pinky finger).

I have some feedback as a blight main for potential changes that I think would be both fun to use and much fairer than current iris:

• Iri tag's speed is extremely fun but WAY too good, to the point where you feel bad for using it. The increased look angle is really fun on its own though, and not unfair either imo. If iri tag were reworked so that it doesn't set your max rushes to 3 and doesn't give speed, so it's just an addon that increases look angle I think it would be so much fun. I'd probably run that with crow every game!
  • C33 might honestly be in a fine spot if iri tag were nerfed. The fact that it can be paired with iri tag is honestly where most of its strength comes from. Iri tag on its own is nuts - why not bring the other iri with increased turn rate since its downside isn't going to further limit your rushes? With that being said, I like sourcethough's suggestion to give c33 a coup effect on his lethal rush swings. It would retain its synergy with iri tag, too, since look angle + coup would give you insane flick potential, but it would be a much weaker addon combo than current double iri. I also think an addon that just gives a small turn rate increase might be fine, but I could see it remaining problematic.

Thank you very much for reading! <3

Comments

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,111
    Options

same story different addons I really doubt they’ll ever not just rework them into stronger addons

• BlightedSugarcane
    BlightedSugarcane Member Posts: 7
    Options

Overall, I think it's a good idea, but there is already an add-on for increase the look angle, Adrenaline Vial.

For example, if increase the look angle to an insane degree(can see right behind during rush), it might be appropriate for an ultra rare add-on.

It may be a bit silly though (lol)

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,329
    Options

I would def agree Tag is stronger than C33 and I'd start with nerfing Tag first and seeing how that goes.

At the very least, they shouldn't share the same downside since this just lets you use both addons with only 1 penalty which makes it a pretty broken combo.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,111
    Options

Can you really consider only 3 rushes a huge downside? 20% speed more thank makes up for less rushes since you just catch people at loops earlier. It also means you get your power back faster in general (shredded notes combo incoming after ptb).

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,329
    Options

It's not enough of a downside for the benefits it gives you, I agree.

• Yagot
    Yagot Member Posts: 21
    Options

It's a good point! But vial is its own addon with other effects, and it's a bad addon at that haha. Look angle is one of my favorite stats on blight because it makes for some fun flicks, but only iri tag and adrenaline vial give it. If there were an addon that just gives increased look angle I just think that would be really fun. I don't even necessarily care if it's a little more subtle than current iri tag - doesn't have to be some insane degree (as fun as that would be). I just want blight's addons to be fun while also not being busted :')