We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Mindless Nerfing

Options
Lixadonna
Lixadonna Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 111

Do we really need to Nerf Perks like Adrenaline or Sloppy Butcher? It just seems like we are changing perks for the sake of change.

Comments

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,896
    Options

Sloppy Butcher got nerfed because of hemorrhage

Adrenaline did deserve some of the nerfs it got

• Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 52
    Options

Sloppy butcher needed nerfs as it essentially disabled tons of already weak healing perks like reactive healing or solidarity.

• CaseTrain3322
    CaseTrain3322 Member Posts: 15
    Options

Not true, adrenaline deserved that small nerf, it was really overused (average of 3 adr at match for me) and still will be cause it's still a good perk. If you are talking about the health state after being unhooked, survs already have borrowed time basekit and good teamates bodyblock and also a lot of "second chances" during the trial. What if killers had a perk that injure you back after being healed or put you back in dying state after a save? Sloppy it's fine the way it is now imo. The tone down would have been more detrimental than the duration they added. The only perk they messed up with is Ultimate Weapon

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 264
    Options
  • Lixadonna
    Lixadonna Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 111
    Options

Those two Perks are examples. They are not exclusive to my point.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 247
    Options
  • VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 931
    Options
  • SolidRazo
    SolidRazo Member Posts: 86
    edited April 22
    Options

to be fair, Adrenaline was overused because majority of survivor perks are really bad. There’s a reason why majority of people of used it and it’s because it was one of the few good perks survivors had, it was a fair perk if survivors complete all gens they get rewarded with a heal and a temporary speed boost that only happens one time too

if more severely underpowered perks were buffed its usage rate would’ve went down because their would be more variety

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 709
    Options

Both perks were overuse and can come in clutch when circumstances met. Sloppy Butcher was buffed, when Hemorrhage got Rework towards being a very useful status effect, especially when Mangled is permanent the entire time. If only Hemorrhage got a slight nerf that doesn't effect specific survivors Perks that makes them lose their health progress regardless of their perk's condition (Example: Jill Valentine's Resurgence, that keeps half her health progress, after unhooking). Also, the Mangled status effect lasting 90 seconds is total fine balance change, as some survivors dislike being permanent insured that hinders their healing speed and sometimes make them more prone to being ambushed by sneaky killers that take advantage of their delay healing, especially when it can be reverted back to 0 progress if you chase them long enough to stop the progress. It is a good way to punish medkit users.

As for the Adrenaline minor changes, they all needed it a long time ago, especially when they made Borrowed Time basekit. It is kind of stupid that this perk grants a free heal, even after you been hook. It also makes any healing builds (like we will make it perk and we are gonna live forever) irrelevant in the meta, because all coordinating survivors groups got to do is fix all 5 Genators, especially the last gen in front of the Killer's face if they are 99% done; and BAM, Everyone stacking it gets free heal and sprint burst on the fly, especially when they get off the hook. That and this is the one perk that makes still break Devs' plans that no perks should affect killers powers, and this old Adrenaline did just that when you are placing agasint Freddy.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 287
    Options

I think that the Mangled nerf was completely unnessesary.

Mangled shouldn't have a timer.

Hemorrage should.

• CaseTrain3322
    CaseTrain3322 Member Posts: 15
    Options

As a killer I agree. I feel that they should rework some underused perks, to make them more appealing.

Btw gen rushing doesn't require that much in terms of skill, while playing in a swf, so I don't understand the "reward" logic.

Just try to not mess up at the very end or wait for the unhook before popping a gen and you will be fine.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,849
    Options

Yeah I would rather them both go unchanged. Nerfing perks just because they’re popular isn’t a good idea. We should be adding new perks to the meta, not removing more and making the options even smaller.