We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Perks that shouldn't have an Injured requirement

Options

There's quite a few perks that require a Survivor to be injured (or not injured) to activate, that I think don't need these requirements.

Deadline

Deadline already has a downside to it, that being the random skill check placement. It doesn't really make sense to have an injured requirement as well, as it really limits the activation times of this perk, with an already weak effect.

If it was always active, it'd be kind of similar to Hyperfocus, but probably still weaker.

Light-Footed

Light-Footed has two deactivation conditions, which is excessive in my opinion. You already have injured noises, so suppressing footsteps when injured is less effective anyway. Removing the injured requirement would open up more synergy potential for this perk, and make it more consistent.

Mettle of Man

Currently, Mettle only protects you from entering the dying state while injured. This means if you heal to healthy and get hit while Exposed, or with a chainsaw, you'll still enter the dying state. With how much work it takes to activate Mettle, it should allow you to tank an instant down when active.

Overcome

This perk only activates when going from healthy to injured. It didn't always work like that, and it was fine. It should be able to activate when a survivor with Endurance is hit.

This is Not Happening

The effect is pretty mediocre, and doesn't need an injured requirement. That said, a perk update is likely already in the works, so it might not be necessary with a new effect.

Hysteria + Unbound

Both of these perks only activate when you hit a healthy survivor. This really limits how much they can activate, and makes them feel pretty bad to use. They should activate when a Survivor enters the dying state as well.

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,471
    Options

deadline has -50% penalty to missed skill-checks. that positive warrant the injured status.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,329
    Options

Deadline - I think this perk has enough benefits to have the injured requirement. I also like how you can disable it by healing to healthy if you really want to (ie. if the killer has a build where you don't want the extra skill checks).

Light-Footed - Yep, agreed this should work both while healthy and injured. It already has a cooldown, so that's enough of a limit already.

Mettle of Man - Out of all of these, this is the main one I really want to see changed. It's silly that you can't use MoM to block an instadown while healthy if you already have your 3 protection hits; it already does save you from an instadown hit while injured so why not while healthy? It should still injure you if this happens but you shouldn't go down.

Overcome - This perk working with endurance would be fine with base BT but might be obnoxious with certain other endurance perks. Endurance can already be a game-changing status effect on its own.

This Is Not Happening - Like you said, they're changing this perk anyway so maybe wait and see on this one.

Hysteria - Unlike Unbound, Hysteria only activating when hitting a healthy survivor makes sense imo because the oblivious effect specifically applies to injured survivors, including the one you just injured. It doesn't apply to downed survivors.

Unbound - 100% this perk should activate when downing a survivor too.

• SolidRazo
    SolidRazo Member Posts: 86
    edited April 22
    Options

hardly a benefit it’s just a safety net that offers no benefit to progressing anything if you simply don’t mess up

deadline working when healthy would help it with autodidact since it’d just be on all the time and not limited to being injured especially when it already messes with skill checks when it is equipped and the benefit isn’t THAT impactful unless paired with perks that benefit from it such as autodidact

• Devil_hit11
    Options

i don't like how DL makes skill-check builds that are typically weak into fall into near irrelevancy. the perk almost looks like an iri add-on for doctor that buff his madness to 100% chance but weakens the reward as a perk.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 441
    Options

Light-Footed

Light-Footed has two deactivation conditions, which is excessive in my opinion. You already have injured noises, so suppressing footsteps when injured is less effective anyway. Removing the injured requirement would open up more synergy potential for this perk, and make it more consistent.

Light-Footed requires you to be healthy and deactivates when you're injured, and for (I think?) 20 seconds or so after a rushed vault.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,249
    Options

People who run that perk probably will not miss skill checks on a regular basis anyway, I don't really see that as a benefit to outweigh the injured status... If you are bad with skill checks, why exactly would you want more of them? (Other than for learning purposes)

The only reason to run it is probably either a hyper focus resilience build to do gens faster or one with autodidact, but the second one will suck anyway and most people are not good enough to make use out of hyper focus builds anyway...

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 495
    Options

DL and LF are so inconsequential that they don't need downsides.

DL is so strong that it needs harder skill checks to balance it out? LF is so strong that it can't even quiet footsteps when walking or crouching, temporarily deactivates when fast vaulting, and completely deactivates whilst injured?

It's like BHVR thought these perks were going to be meta breaking and decided to nerf them so they didn't become too popular. Since their releases, I think I've seen LF maybe twice, and haven't seen DL once.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 2,984
    Options

Does it though? I really don't think Deadline is that good at all.

• Devil_hit11
    edited April 22
    Options

the main effect for increase odds of skill-checks is not very relevant even for intended autodidact purpose. the main good aspect of the perk is last line. the reduced 50% penalty for failing skill-checks. it counters skill-check builds by significantly reducing the reward. this indirectly counters doctor's madness power. I agree you can counter it if your good at skill-checks but this allows bad players to mitigate the effect.

Lightfooted has injured condition because it counters spirit's power. Iron will+lightfooted vs spirit would be survivor being a ghost. i would buff the perk by making adding new effect that increases killer footstep sounds by 30%/40%/50%.

MoM: I believe this perk used to prevent you from going down even from exposed. it got nerfed at some point to do not do that. Presumably, it counters exposed killer such as Billy, Myer's and Bubba in some instances. Again, the perk countering killer powers.

Overcome: This perk used to work against Nemesis's infection where you would get a 4 second speed boost when you were not infected. This is increases drawback power-level of the killer power. That is why they nerfed it. This does not counter killer power but it buffs downside. Endurance hit speed boost & nemesis hit speed boost are connected.

the first 4 perks affect killer powers. that is why they have those negative conditions to reduce popularity/reduce power-level.

• Archol123
    Options

I mean if someone wants to run a perk specifically to counter one niche build on an average pick rate killer sure... I don't think the perk is good if that's its main usage...

I mean fair, but then again the perk only really hurts one killer... Which is sub optimal design.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

it is like small game. Small game used to detect trappers traps. a very narrow use for a perk. almost nobody ran small game to counter trapper. BVHR still removed it. they should remove the -50% missed skill-check and build-in doctor passive and just focus on giving a more simple 10% skill-check chance increase.

• Archol123
    Options

Jop, perks that only do something against one specific killer are just not good design. But since that is a side effect to the increased skill check oddsbit is not exactly the same as small game used to be...