We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

New anti camp perk

Options
BLACKMENACE8086
BLACKMENACE8086 Member Posts: 22
edited April 22 in Feedback and Suggestions

Call me crazy but wouldn't a perk that increases the size of anticamp be so good for the game? It would always be on the killers mind so if they try to cheese the camp meter by standing a little ways away they're still in range with this perk. It's a different type of antitunneling which we've only really seen with reassurance and I think it could be awesome!

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 287
    Options

Slippery Meat or Up the Ante.

These two are used for self unhooks anyway and Luck is outdated in general anyway, so I'd love for one of these to have this effect. I would give it to Slippery Meat.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,058
    Options

Depends on whether or not the devs want proxy-camping to go away as they wanted face-camping to go away.

My bet on their answer based on previous statements and changes would be: no.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,277
    Options

Why perk?

We have anti-FACEcamp. But to be fair, maybe it would be nice to change to anti-CAMP. Its way too weak when proxi camp happends and it does nothing.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,325
    Options

I thought I was going to hate the idea, but I actually kind of like it.

The problem is that I don't think the mechanics that are getting put in place to stop certain behaviors should be impacted by perks. Like a killer perk that gave more gen kicks would be a bad idea. But this might actually make the game more interesting.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,821
    Options

I'd rather they rework the unhook mechanic and have partial AFC progress have an effect.

Something like, translating progress into luck at a rate of about 50%. So a 50% AFC gauge will give you about +25% luck.

This stops it being an 'all or nothing' mechanic so the killer is encouraged to leave entirely, instead of merely dancing at 16m knowing they won't max the gauge.

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 594
    Options

No, no it wouldn't be a good idea.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,082
    Options

As long as it has some form of visual feedback, so that a killer can know it's in play, I'm not against it. Although I'm not sure, if this is a good idea given the size of some maps.

It might lead to situations where it either guarantees self-unhooks or deactivates the feature completely, depending on if survivor proximity is also redefined.

• BLACKMENACE8086
    edited April 24
    Options

Would work the same as anti camp where different evil's affect the speed or entirely disable the effect.

• BLACKMENACE8086
    edited April 24
    Options

• BLACKMENACE8086
    Options

I think maybe perks like that could do a lot for the game, maybe even different modes where these perks are allowed. You can't say it doesn't add an extra never before seen level of gameplay.