We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Huntress changes

Options

I think Huntress's hatchet hitboxes should be a bit leaner. Take away 10-15% from the sides so it's more of a rectangle, and less of a volleyball that you are throwing at the survivors.

Also iri head should be changed up. You start with all 7 hatchets. If you successfully hit a survivor that's 25 or more meters away from you, you get the insta-down effect and you lose all other hatchets until you reload.

On the other hand, if you're unsuccessful at this you still have a normal number of hatchets that deal one health state worth of damage, so even if you are not that great at long distance shots you won't be overwhelmingly penalized for it.

Comments

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 849
    Options

They already tried to do that

And the result was causing her hatchets to go through survivors, it was a horrible change for huntress and that's why she will never have a good looking hitbox

• ChainsLogic
    ChainsLogic Member Posts: 34
    Options

So you would keep Huntress with 1 iri head and 30 meters of minimum distance for an exposed hit? That's bad, would make iri head borderline pointless to have in game. My idea makes it less frustrating for survivors, because they are more likely to dodge the hatchet at longer distances, but also not super punishing for the Huntress player, who'll still be able to deal normal damage if not that great at long distance shots.

As for the hatchet size hitbox, I'm not sure why you think I don't know how survivor hitboxes work. The 10-15% reduction of the sides of the hitbox is mostly to slightly decrease the frustration of bizzare looking shots you can get playing vs Huntress especially when ping comes into play. It would require slightly more accuracy when playing Huntress, cause slightly less frustration and make those strange looking hits slightly less common on the survivor side.

The fact that Trapper's traps don't have a hitbox on the hinges because of realism, often causing him to be unable to squeeze by his own trap, while the survivors can, while the Huntress throws a volleyball at you (there is a picture of hatchets hitbox online) is almost funny.

• ChainsLogic
    Options

Not really? They made hatchets acurate to the model, and I believe survivors hitboxes were made realsitic to their body as well. My change is only slight reduction to the hatchet hitbox, it would still be bigger than the actual model (which is what bhvr did, made it match its model) and the survivors hitboxes would be unchanged (unlike in their test)

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,251
    Options

I meant more like you keep your hatchet amount, or maybe lose some, but the one hit only comes into account in super long range so you don't need worry about it when actually looping the huntress.

So your reason for the change is not the balance but the visuals? And that's why you want to basically make it so every good huntress has to relearn hitboxes, just to get to the same goal as aim dressing? Nah man, how about we fix the survivors posture or hotbox instead of huntress hitbox if it is only about the "bizarre looking shots"? Reaches the same goal doesn't it?

As far as I am aware trapper can get caught and survivors can't in this situation is because killers hitbox is bigger than the survivor ones... So ofc he cannot squeeze through such a tiny spot...

• ChainsLogic
    Options

So you have pretty much the same idea as me, except for the meters where the hatchet is an instadown being 30 or more meters vs my 25 or more meters, and I guess hatchets stay regardless if the shot was an instadown or not vs my losing hatchets and having to reload on instadown?

I am aware of Trapper's and killer's hitbox being bigger than survivors. The reason I mentioned him is that the traps hitbox is realistic to avoid survivor frustration and affects Trapper badly, but Huntress's hatchets are unrealistic and easily lead to frustrating shots on the survivor side for the easier convenience of the Huntress. Both are bad design choices imo, just for different reasons.

Again, it's a very minor reduction, so all that good Huntress players would have to "learn" is to aim their hatchets slightly more to the left and slightly more to the right if they want to hit the survivor at the edge of their hitbox. Also aim dressing is meant to make your m1 attacks make more sense visually (while ironically bugging out at times and robbing you of a hit) but I fail to see how it relates at all to hatchet hitboxes.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,472
    Options

the add-on would be useless for anything other than proxy-camping/face-camping hooks from 23 meters away. I'd say the add-on could use a small buff. maybe +1 extra hatchet capacity.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 392
    Options

Not only is she not the best ranged killer, she isnt even top 10 of all killers. Her hit boxes are beyond fine. And considering the insane amount of drawbacks she has. Being one of only two killers that actually have to drop chase and reload sometimes, 1 of 3 killers who rely on lockers, a killer who can be made or broken by ping, being the slowest killer in the game (slower than walking nurse when holding a hatchet.) and also one of the most map dependent killers. The problem of anything is survivor Hitboxes aince they don’t follow the lean of a survivor and ping. And if you change survivor Hitboxes then they won’t be able to loop as well.

IRI head does need to change though. I would make it to where you can pop generators for 5% from a full power hit. Obviously you can only hit it if it’s not regressing. This would help with map pressure as she is slow af and would balance itself by causing her to reload far more often.

• ChainsLogic
    Options

There's a reason it's limited to 1. My idea gives more options for both Huntress and the survivors. Also you can't facecamp from 25+ meters, it's literally a paradox.

• Devil_hit11
    edited April 22
    Options

bad wording. your encouraged to hold a hatchet from exactly 23 meters away. that is one of tips to doing that skilled huntress achievement. People already do this with deathslinger iri-coin. it is not a good change.

I am just slightly proposing a little bit of a buff to make it a little bit more usable outside of camping.

• ChainsLogic
    Options

Huntress is 4.4 m/s killer. She's faster than Nurse and tier 1 Myers. Most of the killers are same/slower speed than the survivors when charging up their power. She's stronger than Trickster and Deathslinger honestly, not that they are bad killers, even if many think so. I would say you maybe just aren't that good with her.

I do like your idea for iri head rework, sounds interesting and useful, and hardly busted with the gen regression limit.

• ChainsLogic
    Options

Well, I said 25 meters minimum, I'm not sure why you keep writing 23 meters. If you can hit a survivor coming for an unhook with all the obstructions many of the maps have, more power to you. Iri coin is one of the rare exposed addons I don't have a problem with because of the distance requirement. And if the Huntress proxy camps she risks losing a lot of pressure.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

doesn't matter. whatever value you give. the player will stand 26 meters away. this is not about playing efficiently or winning. it is about getting value out of the add-on. huntress should be able to play normally when equipping the add-on. the current iteration makes players play her in weird way.

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

Again she moves at 77% most of the time when interacting with survivors because she has to wind up the hatchet,(which takes 1.75 seconds) aim the hatchet, reach full power (which takes 3 seconds.) throw it and then recover from it (which takes 2.35 seconds) All while moving at 77%

Meters in Tier one moves at 105% (and never slower) and Nurse moves at 86% (and never slower) on top of her being able to travel 40 meters in a few seconds. I have her P100 and have been playing her for years. She’s not bad but she is definitely not nerf worthy. If anything she needed the movement speed buff because of how bad maps are for her and how often she is forced to M1. There is a reason why Shiny Pin has an insanely high pick rate.

• Archol123
    Options

Basically to the first paragraph.

I don't know about the traps hitboxes being realistic ^^

I mean it is still muscle memory and takes a lot of effort to get it right again. Those two things relate to each other because the reasoning behind your idea and behind aim dressing was to make it look like the hit connects, not to make balance changes...

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 247
    Options

Then you just unhook from the other side of the hook. She can't hit you without getting closer and it's considerably easier to juke hatchets from distance.

• ChainsLogic
    Options

Do you actually play this game? Huntress's wind up is 0.9 seconds and it takes her 1 second to fully charge a hatchet. So both together take 1.9 seconds.

• ChainsLogic
    Options

Exactly, the Huntress has to be at a distance, and wouldn't be able to facecamp with iri head in endgame because of the distance requirement.

• ChainsLogic
    Options

Irl hinges don't activate bear traps, the game's trap hitbox is the same way, that's why survivors are able to squeeze past them due to their smaller hitbox.

Hatchet hitboxes are the opposite being bigger than the actual hatchet, which is fine, just how much bigger is not fine imo. It would be both a minor balance change and minor visual improvement because ridiculous looking shots would be less frequent because the Huntress would need to be slightly more accurate with her hatchets.

• Archol123
    Options

I don't think it is necessary to balance huntress hitboxes, she is fine as she is. And the visuals are not important enough to mess with them, neither is the small balance... A decrease of 20-30% in total to the sides is quite massive, more often then not you barely get the hit on someone rounding a corner, it would be a quite significant nerf to her, which I don't think is needed.

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

lmao they were estimates. Don’t act like you knew that without looking it up lol. This game doesn’t tell anyone anything about their power. Besides she just got her windup buff as it was 1 second and the cool down is 1.25 so that is still 3.25 instead of 4 seconds in total if you throw it instantly. And in the majority of situations you hold hatchets for SEVERAL seconds because clutter, learning survivor movement, watching for patterns, and so on. So the point still stands that she is consistently the slowest killer in the game.

• Archol123
    Options

I see that that is what the wiki says, but I think the other guy is correct... Because the phrasing in the wiki is really weird... First of all the basekit change should not have affected the max charge time, but the windup, but for some reason the wiki phrases it differently in the changelog and for second I don't think you can throw the hatchet that quick and pretty sure not that quick with max charge... Will need further investigation here though...

• ChainsLogic
    Options

You don't present estimates as facts though. Also the wiki is one search away, so no excuse to spread misinformation in order to portray Huntress as a weak killer. "I think" is used when not sure of something, yet you stated incorrect things acting like they're facts. Phrasing is very important when discussing things.

• Archol123
    Options

Generally yes, but the wiki has also errors... For example the distance you get from old dead hard was incorrectly stated there... So I would not take it as absolutely correct... Like I said before, I will quickly test it out in game.

• ChainsLogic
    Options

I proposed a decrease of anywhere from 10-15% not 20-30%. That would indeed be a bit too much of a nerf to the hitbox most likely but again, I proposed smaller number changes.

• Archol123
    Options

You phrased it as 10-15% on both sides so 20-30% in total?

• ChainsLogic
    Options

No, I meant in total, so it would be about 5% or 7.5% reduction on both sides depending on if it's 10% or 15% in total.

• Archol123
    Options

Well that's a little bit less drastic I guess, but still. Do you think something changed since the last time they did that? In case you don't know in patch 2.2.0 they already did "rework the hitbox of hunting hatchet to more closely resemble the props actual shape to allow for more accurate shots" and then in patch 2.2.1 they reversed it because "the resulting changes were unsatisfactory".... So I don't really assume your changes would be better than what they already did... So the question, why are your changes different than those they already did?

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

Fair enough I suppose 1.5 seconds is significant.But that wiki however isn’t accurate either as it doesn’t have her cooldown time for a throw but it is 2 whole seconds for a cancel. So if you mistakenly ready up a hatchet it’s even worse than my original timing. So as I said the point still stand of her being the slowest killer in the game. And also proves more so why Shiny Pin has such a high pick rate. And I’m not portraying her as a “weak” killer just a killer that has significant counter play and noticeable downsides. Having the heaviest recovery speed penalties in the game as wel. More than PP head/ Trickster/ Slinger, Artist and Plague.

• ChainsLogic
    Options

Bhvr made it match the hatchets model, or very close to it at least. I believe survivor hitboxes were made more realistic as well. So yes, I believe my change is small enough it would nerf the Huntress without destroying her, since it's just a slightly smaller hitbox which is very different from what bhvr did back in the day.

• Archol123
    Options

I don't know about that... If they wanted to make it less big of a change they could have already done it back then instead of just reverting it entirely… like I said before, I don't see a reason to nerf Huntress in the first place, she is in a food spot.