We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Potential Energy bug; Not consuming a toolbox while the perk is active.

Options
Shiokishi
Shiokishi Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

• Platform: PC, possibly every platform
• Description of the issue: Switching to a toolbox while Potential Energy is active (at least 1 Token) doesnt consume the toolbox even though it speeds up the Tokengain. After a short test in some custom games, this can save up to 15 seconds (no other perks used).
• Steps to reproduce (worked 4/4 times as of now):

-Start working on a gen without using the toolbox
-Activate Potential Energy and get at least 1 Token
-Immediatly stop repairing and switch to repairing with the tool box
-Repair until potential energy has 20 stacks (toolbox wont be consumed in the process)
-put in all 20 stacks
-immediatly switch back to repairing without the toolbox
-repeat

By using an Engineer's Toolbox with Socket Swivels and Clean Rag, you can get a gen done in roughly 66 seconds (not using other perks and being solo). Using the toolbox normally would require roughly 80 seconds to repair a gen.
• How often does this occur: Everytime you make use of it

28 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• SlayerXNate
    SlayerXNate Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Can confirm this is still an active bug; works with any toolbox.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 399
    Options

I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet. I've reported it multiple times and been told over and over that it's being watched and a duplicate topic, but how long are they going to let it go! I haven't been able to play it for weeks now, just like the epilepsy bug.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,034
    Options

So this explains why that perk was suddenly used so much and why gens were finished so fast in games with it.

I've not played today because of how frustrating and stressful it has been.

• Killer_Queen
    Killer_Queen Member Posts: 81
    Options

Yeah, makes sense why gens are seemingly flying.

• TheMikeOTR
    TheMikeOTR Member Posts: 61
    Options

Yeah I had a few killer games with groups of survivors brought the perk and just spammed gens.

• Melodiya
    Melodiya Member Posts: 30
    Options

For real without buff it's just a bad perk, I bet it's usage has grown a lot…

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,865
    Options

The perk needs to be kill-switched until a fix is delivered.

• moputopia
    moputopia Member Posts: 65
    Options

I find it very distasteful you "brought attention to this" by basically advertising it in a Youtube video. That video seems to be unlisted now at least, but with it being a clearly unintended advantage in-game, it was strange you didn't consider your impact when teaching people how to use an exploit.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Why is this “under review” and not something that’s just immediately kill switched. This is actually ridiculous. It’s been a month.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

It brings more attention to the exploit and puts more pressure on BHVR to actually take action.

• Flanders
    Flanders Member Posts: 3
    edited May 3
    Options

Stop putting money into the game untill they fix it. I was about to buy some today but I'll simply not spend a buck untill its fixed.

I have had it with genrushers finishing gens insanely fast.

• Melodiya
    Melodiya Member Posts: 30
    edited May 3
    Options

Thanks for the video, but for me the Scavenger is still better with such a toolbox, 65-70 seconds with the toolbox restored during repair, with the new engine at 120 fps it’s easy to hit great skill checks

• Flanders
    Flanders Member Posts: 3
    Options

They have killswitched garden of Joy now. How about adressing this that many people have been pointing out for over a month!

• slashie101
    slashie101 Member Posts: 1
    Options

This bug allows people to basically use infinite toolboxes, I would suggest the perk, which isn't too widely used in the first place, be kill-switched until the problem is resolved.

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 287
    Options

Uhm, Scavenger is not better lol Like not even close. Your toolbox never goes down the entire time with this exploit and after recharging your toolbox with Scavenger you have a 50 percent repair speed reduction for 30 seconds. Plus an average player doesn't have to worry about great skill checks.

Also I didn't post that video for people to use the exploit. I was hesitant to post it here on the bug reporting but it really needs to be addressed and to show BHVR how it's being done and to also prove how broken it is.

• joel84
    joel84 Member Posts: 105
    Options

can also confirm that this bug is still active