What are your personal standards for a satisfying match?

Options

What matches satisfy you? When can you walk away feeling that the last match was fulfilling? Survivor and/or Killer?

Comments

• Unusedkillername
    Unusedkillername Member Posts: 107
    Options

If I win and its not against players significantly worse than me or when I laugh because of something humorous.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 625
    Options

For survivors: Just everyone concentrating on gens (this is the #1 reason for a loss), good chase with a couple good loops before a down (Devs have really worked hard to end this). Not following your friend(s) everywhere on the map, spread out and work the objectives.

For killers: Not running back to every hook (This is weak and not working your objectives). If you can not find a survivor unless you run back to an offhook that is a skill issue and you need some practice. Working all the objectives ("Killers gotta kill" is literally only 1 of 4 objectives)

As a survivor, I do not care if I escape or not as long as the match is fair. And I try to support the randos but sometimes they make it hard. (Looking at you folks who teabag for heals while the killer is running at us)

When I play killer I take it as I am the host of the party. I try to keep track of who I have hooked and how many times, I gen patrol and kick everything (gens, pallets, doors). I hook a person and immediately leave to patrol or find someone else. Because the only way to earn points for everyone is to let everyone interact with their objectives. If at the end of a match we do not all have over 20k, I should have done better.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 872
    Options

When I play killer I take it as I am the host of the party. 

Yeah huh? I feel that way too. Like I am the Dungeon Master of the match like a DnD campaign.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 273
    Options

I see myself as a clown running a children's birthday party.

Win or lose, I love to captivate an audience. T

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

For both sides: If there was some kind of agency and interactions/actions that were meaningful in the context of the whole match. Basically, the stuff you'd talk about if someone asked you "so, what were some positive noteworthy things that happened during your matches today?"

For example, there recently was a match agaisnt a bubba that - for various reasons - was basically a sh* show start to finish and we knew three minutes in that this would be a loss for us. - But it was still satisfying to play this losing battle and we got one over the Bubba several times. Be that somehow making a comeback after two person got hooked right next to another and a third was slugged. Be that the successful breakout play that denied Bubba basement. - Or be that using balanced to drop right into basement just when Bubba picked up someone else and then again successfully pulling of a breakout — and all three smh making it away from basement stairs alive. Sure enough, we still all died at 3 gens left - but we got some stuff in on our terms, you know - and that's satisfying enough for me.

On the other hand: that spirit with headphones cranked up to idk how high that just bot-like phased back to hook just in time for BT being over was just annoying and didn't feel satisfying at all, even though we got two people out.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 934
    Options

4 stacks of BBQ, oh wait…

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,074
    Options

Fun chases.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,405
    Options

As survivor: Not getting sandbagged by teammates (most people desperately need to run Bond but never will)

As killer: As long as I got some swanky downs with my purple/yellow bottle combos, I'm pretty satisfied.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,674
    Options

A good back in forth allowing both sides to demonstrate their skill. Prefer good chasing and looping over a tactic base game. camping, tunneling, or constant body blocks from survivors can just be frustrating to go against.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 934
    Options

Really? That's not really interesting for me and it is 0 stacks of Pain res in same situation.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,903
    edited April 23
    Options

For survivor, decent skilled teammates who don't just give up.

For killer, non swf. I just want a fair and balanced match. I want to win or lose because of outplaying or being outplayed, not because of poor balancing and the other team having advantages the game wasn't balanced for.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,674
    Options
  • NotAnotherDoctor
    NotAnotherDoctor Member Posts: 277
    Options

If I get good points I'm happy enough, I don't care about the rest

• BassGuitarRox
    BassGuitarRox Member Posts: 57
    Options

I don’t play for bloodpoints / competitively anymore. I play to stay on top of challenges / rifts / trophies - that does help for playing for fun / no sweating. (all my killers & survivors are P9-50)

For killer: I want a challenge, but I only go for for 12 hook matches (tend to double hook everyone and then maybe boost a bit (unless challenge says otherwise). I do enjoy catching a sweaty SWF team off-guard. Hate nothing more than when matchmaking messes up and I get a potato match. Lose interest completely when it doesn’t even feel like sport.

Survivor: not fussed about escaping. I tend to play solo quite a lot, just want competent teammates that aren’t afraid to do gens and are altruistic. I like a match where we’re on equal footing with the killer, not a sweat / being stomped on, but a 50/50 chance of escaping or getting sacrificed. They’re the exciting / engaging matches where it could go either way and the killer keeps you on your toes and can pressure you without resorting to playing scummy.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,415
    Options

Close games that can go either way