We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

So I rewatched NoES 2010... Dream Snares could be much cooler...

Options
UndeddJester
UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,034
edited April 22 in Feedback and Suggestions

With the number of threads talking about Freddy, I decided to rewatch the Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 remake. I know the original films quite well, but only watched this film once.

I recalled that I didn't like it much, but couldn't really remember why. On a rewatch, it's actually much better than I remember... there are a few moments where Michael Bay can't help himself with his effects fetish and he manages to break the tension... but for the most part the film is actually pretty solid and well done.

As part of this review I came to realise that Freddy's Dream Snares are based on this scene, where the carpet turns to blood and Nancy gets stuck in it like molasses:

Like many scenes, this idea was lifted from the original, but I never made the connection until now. Seeing this is where it came from makes them feel much less random than I originially thought... and seeing it portrayed here, the idea of Dream Snares is not inherently bad... but it could use some gameplay enhancements and polishing up to be in line with the film version, rather than the bland trap at a loop it is currently.

With that in mind (in conjunction with a partial revert as suggested elsewhere), what if Freddy's Dream Snare was changed from a set trap, to a charged skill shot, that if hit, sees the survivors feet sink into the floor and get slowed significantly, but if it misses it immediately dissipates.

I'm thinking like a smaller filled in version of Doctor's Scrapped Tape.

This would give him some skill expression, as a ring placed at the right spot on top of or ahead of a survivor would give Freddy a longer window of slow compared to hitting a survivor on the far edge.

Thoughts?

Post edited by UndeddJester on

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,471
    Options

I just wish freddy was more engaging to play. more strategy and surprise factor. the loss of stealth, no aura reading and no -action speed made his gameplay so dull.

the m/s when holding a snare makes snares useless vs good players and fake pallet are lackluster. Gen tp is cookie cutter skill.