If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Is the DBD moving in a questionable direction?

Options
johntec
johntec Member Posts: 17

The latest Midchapter Patch just rolled out, bringing some updates that are pretty decent but not exactly game-changers. The standout feature has to be the new shop. Now, before I start, dont get me wrong—the old shop felt akward to navigate and it's good they changed it. But I feel like this was just another step of a developement i'm not a fan of: lately, it seems like BHVR is more into cashing in than actually caring for their game.

We’ve seen signs of this shift even before the patch went life, with all sorts of bugs, like unlimited Off the Record as wellas killer specific bugs like for the Knight that the devs never really addressed. And now, with the patch, we’ve got new issues, like rubberbanding, which isn’t exactly helping the game’s overall health neither. Plus it takes BHVR a long time to fix even the smallest bugs

And what is BHVR doing instead of working on improving the game's health? Implementing a shop which reminds me more of mobile games than a paid game. For example, if you want to buy the rift, instead of showing the usual "buy rift" you now find a "buy bundle" button, which costs 2000 auric cells instead of the normal 1000 auric cells. Why is there a need to force such a bundle on the player? Another example is the new huntress skin, and yes the skin is cool, but is it really necessary to charge around 17€ for a skin in a game that is not free to play? Overall the sheer amount of skins lately(also FOMO stuff btw) makes it look like BHVR is more focusing on trying to get our money instead of making a good game.

(And yes I know, BHVR is a company just like any other and needs to make profit, but they won't make any profit if the playerbase is gone, so a good mix between business and caring for the players would be nice)

Some people might say it has always been like this, but I don't think so. In the past BHVR showed they can quickly react to problems like bugs or whatever. And if not they communicated it. They also added content which wouldn't bring them any profit, like individual chase music for killers, which they don't do anymore as well.

So does anyone agree with me or am I being overdramatic and maybe overlooking something?