Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is it just me or are lower ranked players on average more salty?

Whenever i SWF with my low ranked friend we usually get matched right around with people from rank 14 - 8. Everytime i play with the lower ranks it seems the killers and survivors on both sides complain and get salty in the chat alot more frequently. At Rank 1 even if the killer got destroyed or vice versa i almost always can get a gg in and they reciprocate it and for the most part people behave in a civil manner barring few exceptions. At the low ranks its nothing but salt and excuses or outright rage quits from the post game chat without saying anything. Anyone else notice this.

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited January 2019
    Maybe they deranked on purpose to have ez matches and get mad when they die or don't get kills :)
  • Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270

I have found that the mid rank area is the worst, rank 1 was bad but it was not every match

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited January 2019
    Maybe they're newer, more casual, or some such, and thus angrier about veing taken advantage of?

If you catch this edit, what's the makeup of your SWF?
  • Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247

My rule has always been this, if you say GG I'll say gg.
    If you're gonna talk ######### at me I'll fire back if I'm bothered, if I I'm not bothered I'll just kinda laugh about it.

• Rebel_Raven
    edited January 2019
    Vietfox said:
    Maybe they deranked on purpose to have ez matches and get mad when they die or don't get kills :)
    I dunno, people who hit rank 1 or at least fought them are now going against people rank 14 to 8?
    That's basically red rank vs lvl 14. 
    And the range is well beyond an entire color of rank. 
    And pretty into the brown ranks.

Kinda curious about more variables here, like how hard do the lower ranks get competed against, and how many are low ranks.
    Kinda curious about the makeup of the SWF.

Salt gets strong in one sided battles.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Maybe they're newer, more casual, or some such, and thus angrier about veing taken advantage of?

Its just my girlfriend and I. We play casually together.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Vietfox said:
    I dunno, people who hit rank 1 or at least fought them are now going against people rank 14 to 8?
    That's basically red rank vs lvl 14. 
    And the range is well beyond an entire color of rank. 
    And pretty into the brown ranks.

Kinda curious about more variables here, like how hard do the lower ranks get competed against, and how many are low ranks.
    Kinda curious about the makeup of the SWF.

Salt gets strong in one sided battles.
    Facing players with different ranks is wrong, i think we all can agree with that. I was just trying to find an explanation of why lower rank players are usually saltier.
  • Rebel_Raven

@Rebel_Raven said:

I meant rank, but that is helpful, too.

Using a strong perk build, or two?

If you two do well casually vs low ranks it might speak volumes.
    I mean if one or two of you are high rank, you're beating up on people who might be more casual, or newer. I'd say the salt is kinda justified.
    They see the rank differences, and, well, I wouldn't be thrilled at shoddy match making, and people getting an easy match out of it 
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Rebel_Raven said:
    SadonicShadow said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

I meant rank, but that is helpful, too.

Using a strong perk build, or two?

If you two do well casually vs low ranks it might speak volumes.
    I mean if one or two of you are high rank, you're beating up on people who might be more casual, or newer. I'd say the salt is kinda justified.
    They see the rank differences, and, well, I wouldn't be thrilled at shoddy match making, and people getting an easy match out of it 

Nothing to crazy. My girlfriend is rank 15 i think. She hasent played in awhile. My perk build was just tier 2 adrenaline, tier 1 sprint burst, tier 1 quick and quiet and tier 1 ironwill and a brown medkit with no addons. Nothing overly strong or uber meta. Same goes for my GF