Maximum healing speed ?

Options
Alen_Starkly
Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,012

Does anyone know what is the maximum healing speed (in percentage).

Let's say you're healing someone with We'll Make it AND We're Gonna Live Forever, do those 2 stack? Also, does Botany Knowledge stack with them?

Is there a hard cap on healing speed in solo healing and group healing?

Comments

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,012
    Options

Heal speed bonuses stack additively and to my knowledge there is no limit. If you get all the stars to align, you can get a really good heal speed off the ground.

I actually ran that for a while, with Botany, We'll Make It, Desperate Measures and Self-care. Walking ambulance.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,399
    Options

AFAIK it's limited to %100. For example, if you have We'll Make It activated and you have a Medkit, using that Medkit while healing someone else is a waste because you won't personally heal faster than %100.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,543
    edited April 24
    Options

Unless something has changed since I last did this, there is no cap, but effects will not stack on themselves. Let's go for the most extreme example: using a Ranger Med-Kit with Abdominal Dressing and Medical Scissors, We'll Make It, Desperate Measures with all 4 injured, Botany Knowledge, WGLF (on a slugged survivor) while the person you're healing has Leader and you're stood inside their boon, and the killer has Dying Light equipped while you happen to be the Obsession.

That's 100% from WGLF, We'll Make It, and COH each, 56% from DM, 50% from BK, 50% from the Med-Kit, 33% from Dying Light, 25% from the addons, and 25% from Leader.

That's a 539% action speed increase.

I made a mistake the first time; this action speed increase is then applied to the already existing 100% action speed, meaning it's actually 639% total, not 539% total.

16 charges / 6.39 charges per second = a 2.504 second heal. But I'll let you imagine the chances of this happening.

Post edited by GoodBoyKaru on
  • caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 270
    Options

It all stacks additively since the % bonuses function of charges/second. I.E. we'll make it gives 100% bonus/+1c/ps. Throw on botany knowledge too and you get 2.5c/ps etc etc

• Alen_Starkly
    Options

Thank you guys, I really appreciate it <3

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

I don't think anyone answered the group healing question - to my understanding there isn't.

I think the hypothetical fastest possible heal (injured survivor to healthy) would be 1.439 seconds - that would be two survivors starting a heal simultaneously with the following perks

We'll Make It, Botany Knowledge, Desperate Measures (all injured), No One Left Behind (gens powered), medkit with addons, downed survivor with leader, in a boon - that 5.56 charges per survivor, or 11.12 charges per second.

Beyond the math though it is worth noting that because the percentages are additive, it becomes harder and harder to notice. On their own, We'll Make It saves 8 seconds while Botany Knowledge saves 4, but if you have We'll Make It and then add Botany Knowledge, you save only an additional 1.6 seconds on the heal (from 8 to 6.4).

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,333
    edited April 24
    Options

Medkits don’t stack with Circle of Healing anymore (even if used on other survivors) so the 75% from the medkit has to be taken out giving us 564% total. Then we can also add in Better than New from a teammate bumping it up to 580% total and a 2.76 second heal. Everything else looks right

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,543
    Options

Medkits don't stack with COH?? Good lord I missed a lot.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,333
    edited April 24
    Options

Yeah they took that away when they nerfed it. Never use a medkit on another survivor in a CoH boon, it just wastes your medkit charges for nothing. It still stacks with other perks though.

• Alen_Starkly
    Options

Thank you very much for the in-depth clarification! :D

And thank you everyone else too <3

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

I forgot that as well, thank you. It's such an unnecessary bit of code because as Peanits mentions the stacking already has declining returns.

Hmm, so I think that would make the fastest possible heal - 1.7 seconds instead of 1.439. Though that is a good example of how little impact the healing speed has as it get stacked, losing a total 150% between two survivors nets less than 0.3 seconds if you had ever other possible benefit.

• Alen_Starkly
    Options

Thank you a lot, Peanits, for your input! I really appreciate your time and the examples you gave. I now understand much more how well things go together, and what I can combine for good results (and when it can be redundant). I heard before that the healing speed was capped, so it's great to now finally get an official confirmation that it's not. 😀