Is The Plague overpowered?

Options
Tyler3
Tyler3 Member Posts: 40

I swear it's impossible to survive against a good Plague on an open map. Once you're infected you're literally exposed but also groan and cough, making it so easy for her to find you. If you cleanse yourself you just make her power stronger. If the entire team is infected, then one person decides to cleanse themselves, then either all infected survivors have to cleanse themselves, giving her a lot of corrupt pools, or risk her finding them whilst they're exposed and she has corrupt purge ready. So, do you think she's overpowered?

Is The Plague overpowered? 29 votes

Yes
10%
dark_hunter92YulechkaLiveFeetusgod9 3 votes
No
89%
GibberishBlueberryMarieAmethystFlopiyutiopRoboMojoHermitglitchboiHeaderViktor1853GuiltiitheblimpLeFennecFoxsizzlingmario4StarrseedIron_CutlassCodeDBDeathstrokeniceboy555Archol123MrRetsej 26 votes

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,331
    Options
    No

Her iridescent addons are a little too strong but other than that she is completely fine.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,386
    Options
    No

Not at all

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options
    No

Kinda tricky to say but I think I'll go with no if we're talking about just base-kit Plague. Now as was pointed out already, some of her add-ons ARE busted. If you factor some of those add-ons into the equation then I would argue that she actually is a bit too strong. Ideally, they might be addressed someday, although I'm not sure if Plague is popular enough to really warrant that in the Devs' eyes. Nonetheless the Plague herself is more or less fine. In truth, you kinda just have to get comfortable with being injured and not being able to heal. I know that it can feel very vulnerable, but its better than feeding her a bunch of corrupt fountains since doing so at the wrong time can be a game-losing mistake. Plus remember that without her red puke, she is basically just an M1 killer so she can be looped reasonably well with a bit of practice. So yeah, with her best add-ons, she's kind of overtuned. Without them though, I'd say she's fine.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,049
    Options
    No

She's pretty middling. Not great, but not garbage either.
    Far from overpowered.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,903
    edited April 25
    Options
    No

She’s fine. Even her really good addons are fine most of the time. I’d say her ultra rares are even a good example of what most killers ultra rares should be, most are terrible.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,618
    Options
    No

I won't lie I kinda wanted to say yes.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,044
    Options
    No

She is strong and that's fine. I haven't seen her much anymore either there are many stronger killers which players use now instead.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    No

She's strong, but not because her numbers or anything are insane she just requires good survivor macro/decision making. Nerf her iris though please they do way too much.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,768
    Options
    No

Plague is a strong Killer, but definitely not overpowered. I think there are issues involving her learning curve for both sides though since her macro gameplay has more going on with it than people expect.