My Stats - Survivor Escapes/Grade/Emblems for 2 years + no depip analysis

Options
MooseEye
MooseEye Member Posts: 13

With the change to not lose pips being added in the latest update, I decided to share some of my survivor stats related to escapes, piping and grade progression. I also determined what my grade progression would have been without losing pips.

I started playing about 4 years ago during the anniversary event in 2020. The switch to grades happened in September 2021. I started keeping stats in Google sheets in March 2022. All games were solo queue.

Grade Progression and Escapes

For each game I kept track of the pip change, which is used to get the grade progress. It takes 85 pips to reach Iridescent-1 each month. Losing pips slightly increases at gold (50 pips) and greatly increases at Iridescent grades (70 pips). Each pip result is marked with a colored dot, with pink dots being a depip.

The graph also shows my escapes and wins over time. Wins are +1 for gate escape, +0 for hatch, -1 for death. Escapes are +1 for hatch and gate escapes and -1 for death. It seems something changed around the 6.4 update, probably matchmaking changes. My escape rate changed from 44% to 57%, which is not likely representative of many players. Lately, it looks like a new trend is starting, maybe related to the matchmaking changes just before the 7.4 update. Overall Escape rate is 50.5%. Escape rate through the gate is 44.5%. My longest death streak is 10 and the longest escape streak is 11.

Emblems and Grade Progression Analysis

I only played enough to reach Iri-1 for 5 months ( + 1 month that was 1 pip short), so not a lot of data to get a good average. Also the older data may be less representative due to matchmaking changes and the addition of bots.

The longest it took to get the 85 pips to reach Iri-1 was 240 games and the shortest was 121 games. One month it took 108 games to get the 15 pips to go from Iri-4 to Iri-1 due to losing pips a lot. The best month only took 35 games. This is a large variation for something that is supposed to be a play time reward and will be much better in this update.

Below is my distribution of Survivor Emblems color coded based on piping requirements at Iridescent grades. I would expect an average survivor to have a similarly shaped distribution. Based on this distribution, just making 6 emblem points or more a safety pip would have reduced a lot of the depipping.

With my emblem distribution at Iridescent grades, I gained 40.7 pips per 100 games and lost 22.1, for a gain of 18.6 pips over 100 games. To get the 15 pips, it would be expected to take 81 games without grade protection. My actual average was 71.2 games. Grade loss prevention reduced the actual number of depips. Without depips this should drop to 37 games.

At gold I gained 63.0 and lost 14.5, for a gain of 48.5 pips per 100 games. To gain the 20 pips to get from Gold-1 to Iri-4 it would take 41 games and without depipping this should drop to 32 games.

Continuing this method for all grade levels we can calculate the expected number of games to go from ash to Iri-1 in different scenarios.

• With depipping and no grade protection (old ranked): 191 games
  • With depipping and assume 20% of depips don't occur due to grade protection: 172 games
  • Without depipping : 132 games

My killer stats have a completely different distribution and I may do a comparison in the future.

Grade Progress Without Depipping

For every game I have the emblem result recorded and I can determine what my grade progress would have been without depipping. Note that just changing my recorded depips to safety pips is not quite right since this analysis will reach higher grades sooner and the pipping requirement changes. Also I originally saw errors where I wasn't gaining pips as fast in the lower grades. This was due to games where I didn't get a pip based on emblem points, but the killer had DCd and the game still gave a pip. So in the games where the killer DCd, I used the original pip result.

This reduces the number of games to reach Iri-1 by quite a bit in some months and not many in others. The worst month went from 240 games to 162 games, getting there in 78 fewer games. The best month was reduced from 121 games to 111, only 10 games less.

So analyzing it this way, I'd expect it to typically take 120-150 games to reach Iri-1. If you depip a lot as the killer, this will also help you in a similar way. Decent killer players can already reach Iri-1 in less than 80 games, so for them it won't change much.

This table shows the months I reached Iri-1 and the number of games it took to reach each grade. It also has the recalculated number of games if depipping didn't happen.

Below is a zoom in on a month that took 217 games to reach Iri-1, which would have been 149 without depipping (68 fewer games). I think this represents why so many people wanted depipping removed. I was stuck at Iri-4 for 56 games. I was 1 pip away from Iri-3 twice and then lost multiple pips. I also got to 1 pip away from Iri-1 and I bounced up and down for 12 games before finally reaching Iri-1.

This could be expanded upon and analyzed in different ways, but I'll end it here. I have other figures stats and figures for both survivor and killer that I may share in the future.

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,281
    Options

Do you also have stats with killrate and pickrate? I would be honestly more curious about these.

• StereoGang
    StereoGang Member Posts: 65
    Options

These are pretty detailled stats !

Honnestly, when I see your 240 games in a month just to get Iri 1, this is pure insanity. I don't know how long a game last on average, but that's a lot of playtime in only a month.

And despite that, there are still some YouTubers thinking that removing depips was treating players like childrens...

I'm really glad they removed the depip mechanic.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,271
    Options

If every match is ten minutes, which iirc, was the ideal at one point; then it would be about 40 hours worth of match time.

• StereoGang
    StereoGang Member Posts: 65
    Options

And if we count on average 5 minuts of matchmaking (including starting lobby and loadings), that's was around 60 hours of playtime in the span of a month...

According to OP, without depip, it would now take around 120 to 150 games to get it. So between 30 to 38 hours.

It's still a lot of playtime, but nowhere close of what it once was. And at least, you won't have the frustration of regressing when loosing a pip.