Stop Making "Bad" Survivors BHVR

Options
IHSGames
IHSGames Member Posts: 54

Now you might be wondering "What do I mean by "Bad" Survivors? No I'm not talking about in-game survivor players. I'm talking about the actual character themselves. Mainly cosmetic-wise. Survivors like Elodie, Jonah, Gabriel, Jake, etc. Those survivors who you barely see in game.

The issue with these survivors is that they barely receieve good cosmetics, if any at all, due to their initial release either being kinda dull or something of the like. This leads to these characters not getting played since alot of DBD players like playing characters with decent set of cosmetic options. And because theyre not played alot, BHVR assumes nobody likes them and doesnt invest their time and money into making good cosmetics to them. Which leads back to the beggining of thid paragraph.

I understand that BVHR is a company and money comes first. But if they were all about money, why don't they attempt to try to give these characters a decent roster of cosmetics? How are you going to expect people to invest in a character that yall wont invest in? Plus if all yall care about is the "good" survivors like Feng, Nea, Mikaela, Sable, etc, then why release survivors at all? Just release the perks if these survivors will just be shovelware essentially.

Plus, these are your characters BVHR, you should be proud of them and treat them well which again, if not why even release them at all? Why always give rift cosmetics to characters like Meg, Mikeala and every other popular survivor who already have enough? How you expect people to care about survivors if yall don't care?

I know I'm yapping and this doesnt really matter much anyways but it just sucks that survivors who already have enough get kore and those who have less gets even less. D

Comments

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 802
    edited April 25
    Options

I definitely have tried my best to hit this home for bhvr. However, they rarely listen to issues like these. Certain POC survivors are not given the same marketing effort in their release and don't have much at the start. Then they are sabotaged with sets as their first store skins or not given many skins right after over other popular survivors that pays the bills. Haddie was sabotaged with a set in her first store skin, given prime skins, and exclusive event skins. And the same happened with gabriel with his first set skin. And we asked to keep it unlinked when it was bugged yet they still fixed it. I could go on.

But I'm getting tired because at the end of the day, this is a company. And money is their main priority. Doesn't matter if lore suffers. Doesn't matter if certain survivors that dont "fit" or look conventially attractive or cute are overlooked. It's just tragic to see a minority group that looks like me get ignored in a video game of all things. But I'm used that anyways outside of this video game. Hopefully, it gets better.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,733
    Options

besides rarely ever getting store cosmetics how are Jake’s “bad”?

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 364
    Options

You need to understand that BHVR isn't the biggest company in the gaming industry, they're spreading out resources to work on more games than just simply DBD, there's way too many survivor characters for them to be making cosmetics for, and if they try to spend more resources into making new cosmetics then that would come to the cost of making worse gameplay updates which will result in more boring/stale content releases, more bugs taking even longer to fix, killswitches lasting longer, etc. Plus if they focus more on cosmetics than actual game content then they run the same backlash risk other game developers run into when they go on that route of the community getting upset with the lack of gameplay content in an already stale game. There's already plenty of people in the community begging for new major gameplay content and such so it's definitely a risk that they'd have.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 802
    Options

That does not matter at all. They already told us they can work on new content, gameplay and design new skins at the same time. Which is why they have seperate teams working on their part. Nothing gets taken away from each other unless it is within the same department being worked on in the same team. Which we definitely see when certain killers are worked on over others or characters getting more skins over the others

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,240
    Options

The thing is that creating a cosmetic in general takes the same time and money (to pay the person who designs it) across the board for every character. So while it 100% is possible to create content (cosmetics) for older characters and also design new characters, in the end, BHVR wants to make money. And they make more money with cosmetics for popular characters. This is just how it is.

You have thousands of people playing a character like Claudette or Kate and then you have 3 people who play Jonah or Haddie. Quite clear who gets a new Skin more frequently.

(I mean, there was a Haddie-Movement a few months ago which resulted in her getting a bunch of skins every few weeks. And I am pretty sure that BHVR has made less money during this time)

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 364
    Options

That's also why Feng, Nea, and Meg have some of the most cosmetics in the game.