Can we get a apology for the photosensitivity players?

Options
supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,312
edited April 25 in General Discussions

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1783207636202135871

I thought it'd have been in the X post. But it's just sad to see in streams and people I know that are just afraid to watch or play some normal dbd content because of this issue. Like this wasn't seen in a playtest? This coulda seriously hurt some people prior to the warning, and people are going out of there way to just try to play the game with it. It's really not a good thing to be happening in this game in any capacity. I hope it's at the front of the upcoming fixes. And I feel for anyone who's been hit by it.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,240
    Options

"Like this wasn't seen in a playtest?"

This is something where I have to defend the Devs. Not everything which can happen in terms of Bugs or Glitches can actually be seen during testing. This is why providing data (e.g. which platform or which components are in the PC) is so important to recreate the issue.

BHVR would not be the first company where something slips through testing because they did not encounter it while testing it. For example, I did not have this problem at all so far, but this does not mean that it does not exist. And you can only prevent things when you know that they are there and while I dont know on how many platforms and with what specs the Devs have been testing this, it happens all the time in game development that something slips through.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,281
    Options

Yes that's true but the list of bugs this patch could be put into 5+ pages of A4 paper or like 50 slides of Power Point Presentation and that's insane.

• supersonic853
    edited April 25
    Options

I still think a actual apology woulda been better than just saying "consult your doctor before playing the game" after the fact. And the moment the bug was realized they shoulda been on the ball to warn and get the news out. (Which i guess they went at a decent pace) But yeah your probably right on that front. They just beat around the bush telling people not to post videos or be mindful of others watching their content. And until the hotfix these players really can't play or watch their favorite content because they run this major risk.

• Clee
    Clee Member Posts: 109
    Options

Do you want a forced, fake apology?

If you have to ask for it, is it an apology at all?

They'll probably give you some bloodpoints at some moment in the future, I believe that is what they equate to apologizing

• supersonic853
    Options

I mean is it impossible to get a honest one nowadays from a company? It's a serious thing. And I'm sure they know it. It's just weird that wasn't one of the first things they said when informing everyone.