Offerings as a whole...

Options
Toxicboii
Toxicboii Member Posts: 446
edited April 29 in Feedback and Suggestions

I want to take a step back from the game for a moment to actually look at the bigger picture.

Long story short: Why do some offerings exist?

The kind of offerings being stuff like the Sealed Envelope and the Hollow Shell, to start with, which offers 25% BP in all catagories.

It's a pretty neat bonus to cover all the bases… Until you realize it has the same rarity as a BP offering that just doubles your gain in all aspects, not just 25%. (Survivor Pudding, Escape Cake.) What's the point in having them both be the same rarity? It's not rocket science to choose the 100% boost over 25%, because they're both yellow Offerings.

And another thing to consider is that while a yellow offering is providing a 100% BP boost in all categories, we have green offerings that give a 100% boost in one category. Only to be outdone by a 100% in all categories to all players, which can stack. (Bloody Party Streamers)

At the time when the BPS, Pudding, and Envelope got released, they were implemented as an anniversary reward, but never got removed. So fast-forward multiple years later, and we've had little-to-no changes to the offerings and their functions as a whole, outside of new additions (which, let's face it, hardly anyone uses).

They serve as a means to tip the scales in your favor, which it does do that well when it's intended to. But everything else is a mish-mashed mess where 25% is equated to 100%, and 100% in one category is equated to 100% in all of them. Don't get me started on the Moris… They used to be a means to end matches early, but now, they're just kind of a neat thing to have.

If anyone has any recommendations for an Offering overhaul, I'd be interested in hearing about it. I bring this up just to bring attention to it, I've no idea how to remedy this myself that isn't just either remove the "50% in [blank] category" offerings, and have the Hollow Shell / Envelope be Common whilst also providing a 50% in all categories instead of 25%.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• StereoGang
    StereoGang Member Posts: 75
    Options

I could be wrong, but I beleive both 25% offerings in all categories give their bp bonus for everyone in the trial.

It's not clearly stated on their description, but escape cakes for exemple are stated to be "personnal", which is not the case for hollow shells.

Anyway, the bloodweb is bloted with useless things : too much BP offerings who barely refund their initial cost, too much map offerings, iridescent items not worth this rarity (maps & keys), useless shrouds for killers & survivors which should have been inverted years ago, too much luck offerings considering how bad luck currently is, and so on.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,650
    edited April 29
    Options

Blood point Offerings and Map Offerings are particularly boring, because one has no impact on the game and the other has so much impact that they feel personally slighted against if its used.

Offerings should have as much impact and importance as perks, but the system right now feels so boring to me.

A Offering Overhaul seems like a very good idea to get.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

Hollow shells is personal, they just forget to add the description.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

First: Your usage of "all the technicolor in between" is kind of cute.

But now to the topic.

I agree with you completely. I would fix it by changing rarities and straight up deleting offerings.

• Delete all common (brown) 50% BP and yellow 75% offerings (compensate for everyone you own with BP)
    • Make all rare (green) 100% personal offerings uncommon (yellow)
    • Make the yellow envelope common
    • Make the green envelope uncommon

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,870
    edited April 29
    Options

Offerings in general need an upgrade. For killers, the RAREST addons are green, because map offerings are green. For survivors, the rarest color is yellow, because of yellow addons, offerings and items.

I'd personally want a sacrificial altar where you can put in offerings, items and addons that you dont like, to basically get a small lootbox that has a chance on better things. Like, sacrifice 3 grey/browns to get 1 random yellow item, offering or addon. And then use 1 yellow one to get 2 grey/browns in return if you care for browns. This so that economically, you never gain from sacrificing and eventually do need to use the bloodweb.

This would give use to the 25% BP offerings that aid new players, while also being basically sacrificial fodder for long term players.

As an example, I have 1000 Blond Hairs on Myers, because I simply never use them, I dont have a reason to. With the logic above, I could get 333 random yellows (addons and offerings), and then turn those into 111 random greens. I also have about 50 iridescent mori's that I never use, because I might aswell use one of the tombstones I rarely use. So I can turn those into 100 random purples, and then turn those into 200 random greens. I can keep cycling through sacrifices untill I get what I want, and ditch what I dont need, at the risk of losing everything if I never get what I want.

That would allow me to spend BP on killers and survivors who need it more, instead of spending it on killers and survivors who have a massive inventory, but dont have any Midwich offerings.

Then the same sacrificial altar mechanic could be used to see what addons/offerings/items people care the least about, so they may be tweaked into something more useful.