Reuse old perks for new characters

Options
H2H
H2H Member Posts: 658
edited April 29 in Feedback and Suggestions

As the number of characters and therefore perks have ballooned over the years, we’ve seen a large number of new perks that, at best, go unused because they don’t give enough reward or synergy. At worst, they cause detrimental gameplay and bugs. Because the character design model up to this point requires every character to come with three perks, that just exacerbates the problems above.

I believe there are enough perks in the game that BHVR would be justified reducing the number of new perks. My suggestion would be to limit each new character to a single new perk, and then reuse two previously existing perks to:

1. Give players alternate means to acquire perks they don’t have from characters they don’t own
  2. Reduce the new perk design, development, balance, and maintenance load on BHVR
  3. Look at usage rates for older perks and potentially retire unused/problematic perks and replace them with other pre-existing perks

I realize that new perks CAN be a motivator to buy a new character, but with so many perks that see very little use, I think this would be an interesting avenue to explore and see if this is a viable path forward.