Homophobic slurs aren’t bannable?!!

Options
Seriously?!? Numerous times I’ve been called numerous homophobic slurs.. yet you don’t ban people for saying them? Yet you can get banned for calling someone trash... this is NOT ok... 

Comments

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365
    Options

I'm sure by slurs they meant a bundle of sticks and not just gay.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

I find it bonkers that people still call people that. Is it the 1994?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,472
    edited January 2019
    Options

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Saying someone is gay is not bad, its the same as saying a black person is black or a lesbian is lesbian.
    O course the people who say that dont mean It in that way but devs cant do anyting if the context is not clearly verbal abuse (which would be calling you something like [bad word] gay, instead of just gay).
    There has to be explicit verbal abuse in order to ban someone.

This ^ basically.

Like being offended for calling the grass green. If someone calling you gay is offensive to you, then you are believing there is a negative connotation in being gay. You don't like gay people? That's pretty homophobic in itself. Pointing out something isn't offensive, stop getting offended so easily. Snowflakes everywhere.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Options
    I swear "Homophobic" is used out of context 9 times out of 10.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Blueberry said:

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Saying someone is gay is not bad, its the same as saying a black person is black or a lesbian is lesbian.
    O course the people who say that dont mean It in that way but devs cant do anyting if the context is not clearly verbal abuse (which would be calling you something like [bad word] gay, instead of just gay).

This ^ basically.

Like being offended for calling the grass green. If someone calling you gay is offensive to you, then you are believing there is a negative connotation in being gay. You don't like gay people? That's pretty homophobic in itself. Pointing out something isn't offensive, stop getting offended so easily. Snowflakes everywhere.

It's amazing how you're already dismissing this out of hand without even knowing the context. You made up a story and pretended that's the reality.

• Attackfrog
    Options

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

No, but with Neo Nazi movements on the rise, they're trying to normalize it.

Is that really happening? I am in the US and I haven't heard about neo Nazis in years!

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

Is that really happening? I am in the US and I haven't heard about neo Nazis in years!

UK it's going wild. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46785357.
    Bloody hell people are crazy nowadays.

• Poweas
    Options

@Orion said:

@Blueberry said:

@tt_ivi_99 said:

This ^ basically.

It's amazing how you're already dismissing this out of hand without even knowing the context. You made up a story and pretended that's the reality.

What if it is though...?

• Orion
    Options

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

They call themselves the "alt-right" now, but it's the same principle - kill all blacks, gays, etc.

• Attackfrog
    Options

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

Jeez that's bonkers....on one end of the spectrum you have people being offended over the tiniest things, and on the other end you have religious/hate groups killing and hating people for whatever reason.

Whole world is seriously borked and needs a patch/rework!

• Poweas
    Options

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

Jeez that's bonkers....on one end of the spectrum you have people being offended over the tiniest things, and on the other end you have religious/hate groups killing and hating people for whatever reason.

Lol. The world needs some serious thinking though, the ######### that people say over politics.

• Attackfrog
    Options

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

Lol. The world needs some serious thinking though, the ######### that people say over politics.

Politics itself needs a rework (at least here in america)!

Why is it I have to choose between the crooked Democrat or the crooked republican...when neither of them can/will do anything about the real problems facing our country (our food, our healthcare and our entertainment "industry").

Lol...I should go live in Antarctica....but I wouldn't get good internet.

• Orion
    Options

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

Why is it I have to choose between the crooked Democrat or the crooked republican...when neither of them can/will do anything about the real problems facing our country (our food, our healthcare and our entertainment "industry").

Looking at it from an outside perspective, the Democrats are nowhere near as bad as the Republicans, and are often more proactive in "cleaning house", as it were. Whereas Republicans defend pedophiles, homophobes, racists, and neo Nazis, as long as they're in their party (which the latter three usually are), Democrats will force such people to resign.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Options
    Dinaqma said:
    Seriously?!? Numerous times I’ve been called numerous homophobic slurs.. yet you don’t ban people for saying them? Yet you can get banned for calling someone trash... this is NOT ok... 
    Nope only racial slurs
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

Get a thicker skin.

You play a competitive, and expect everyone to fist bump, and go GG at the end of every game?

Please get over yourself, and take your SJWing elsewhere.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

@Vortexas said:
    Get a thicker skin.

You play a competitive, and expect everyone to fist bump, and go GG at the end of every game?

Idk I got told they hope my kids burn in a fire.... I don’t have kids yet so meh

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Vortexas said:
    Get a thicker skin.

Bud, not being called n word or expecting people to not insult you is not SJW, get a better brain.

• Orion
    Options

@Delfador said:

@Vortexas said:
    Get a thicker skin.

Bud, not being called n word or expecting people to not insult you is not SJW, get a better brain.

But then how will he claim he's being oppressed?

• Vortexas
    Options

If your fragile little hearts can't handle it, then click the leave button at the bottom of the screen.

If you choose not to, then you are infact consenting to that person to tell you whatever they wish.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

No it's not okay to say these things, like it isn't okay to call someone fat, ginger, gay, or their race...but sadly it happens.....but this happens on most forums, most chat things, it's bad i know, it's best to ignore these people, turn off messages.....because some people will say nasty ass sh** no matter what, someone will always find something to post, something nasty and horrid to say, but it's these who say death threats and the more serious things....yes it hurts, people who say that if you get offended on the net should very much just hush......there is no different to a net post, then a text or phone call....it hurts, but sadly the best thing to do is ignore these twat waffles

• Orion
    Options

@Vortexas said:
    If your fragile little hearts can't handle it, then click the leave button at the bottom of the screen.

If you choose not to, then you are infact consenting to that person to tell you whatever they wish.

If you do this at the end-game chat, then you're the one with the "fragile little heart", who can't even handle losing at a video game.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    Options

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

Looking at it from an outside perspective, the Democrats are nowhere near as bad as the Republicans, and are often more proactive in "cleaning house", as it were. Whereas Republicans defend pedophiles, homophobes, racists, and neo Nazis, as long as they're in their party (which the latter three usually are), Democrats will force such people to resign.

@Orion said:

@Delfador said:

@Vortexas said:
    Get a thicker skin.

Hmm politics in my video games.... shall we start doing tie-ins to religion next?!

• Mushwin
    Options

@Vortexas said:

some people are different.....they react to things different, not everyone is the same....so maybe re think what you said....sure it is a game.....but stuff still hurts and can

• Vortexas
    Options

@Onionthing said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Delfador said:

@Vortexas said:
    Get a thicker skin.

Hmm politics in my video games.... shall we start doing tie-ins to religion next?!

What do you expect?

Leftists try to make everything political.

@Orion

If you don't like the end game chat, you can just click leave. You stay you consent to be called anything the other people desire.

• Mushwin
    Options

@Vortexas said:

@Onionthing said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Delfador said:

@Vortexas said:
    Get a thicker skin.

What do you expect?

@Orion

If you don't like the end game chat, you can just click leave. You stay you consent to be called anything the other people desire.

scoffs no one consents for people been a dick

• Orion
    Options

@Vortexas said:

@Onionthing said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Delfador said:

@Vortexas said:
    Get a thicker skin.

What do you expect?

@Orion

Sweetie, you're the one who brought up SJWs, and now you're pretending everyone else has the problem. You don't know what I do in these situations, but you're pretending you do.

• Vortexas
    Options

@Mushwin said:

@Vortexas said:

@Onionthing said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Delfador said:

@Vortexas said:
    Get a thicker skin.

What do you expect?

@Orion

scoffs no one constents for people been a dick

Then click the Leave button as soon as the game ends. That is your option not to give consent.

• Orion
    Options

@Onionthing said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Delfador said:

@Vortexas said:
    Get a thicker skin.

I know, right? Wrongists try to make everything political.

• Mushwin
    Options

@Vortexas said:

@Mushwin said:

@Vortexas said:

@Onionthing said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Delfador said:

@Vortexas said:
    Get a thicker skin.

What do you expect?

@Orion

scoffs no one constents for people been a dick

Then click the Leave button as soon as the game ends. That is your option not to give consent.

Not everyone wants too, because believe it or not, some give people GOOD comments, is how some people meet....shrugs no one is giving consent for it, people just shouldn't be asses about it

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595
    Options

It's kind of sad the world we are continuing to create.

When people are targeted for who they are, whether it's race, sex, or sexuality, people are often told to "just get tougher." When children are bullied, we blame the same children for "not standing up for themselves." When women are harassed, we blame these women for "not dressing appropriately" or "not fighting back." We continue to protect the bullies, harassers and rapists, racists and bigots, and instead blame the victims for "being weak" or "sensitive."

"If you are [physically, mentally, emotionally] strong like me, then this wouldn't be happening to you," they say. So we've come to live in a world where ones doing the offensive actions don't have to ever take responsibility for what they do or say. And we'll continue to live in a world in which people will tell others to just get tougher like them, with much, much less emphasis on being kind and empathetic to others. Because being a decent human being apparently doesn't account for much in a world where all we care about is being strong and tough.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

@Delfador said:

@Vortexas said:

Here is the reality for you.

Not everybody is as strong as the others and they don't have to be. Yes, If you are not strong enough, you should not engage in discussion on forums where people discuss such things freely.

If, as a homosexual, you decide to visit 4chan, you should be prepared for what is coming. People are not going to be nice to you. There are websites like encyclopedia dramatica that are designed entirely to insult people, and again yes if you are weak, you shouldn't visit such websites.

I am playing a multiplayer video game about killers and survivors, it is against the rules to insult people, homophobic slurs, or racist comments. It has nothing to do with being strong or weak. People don't have to put up with this bullshit.

This is not a leftist propaganda or anything. People don't have to put up with insults to religions, popular religious figures etc. because it is not the place for it.

Go to forums where people discuss such things, DbD isn't the place for it.

Idk I just assume everyone is a 11 year old with the iq of 30. Except for the decent people I treat them how they treat me.

• Attackfrog
    Options

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

I am going to disagree with you whole-heartedly on that. When you get to the extreme on both sides, you have some pretty ridiculous and exclusive ideology. Far right is more "face-value" (IE: no _____'s allowed!). Far left is much more indirect (You are not allowed to do _____ so that this person can do it instead).

Both are terrible and both redirect attention from the root of the problem, which is probably the goal of bipartisan politics lol!

• Mushwin
    Options

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

I am going to disagree with you whole-heartedly on that. When you get to the extreme on both sides, you have some pretty ridiculous and exclusive ideology. Far right is more "face-value" (IE: no _____'s allowed!). Far left is much more indirect (You are not allowed to do _____ so that this person can do it instead).

Both are terrible and both redirect attention from the root of the problem, which is probably the goal of bipartisan politics lol!

tee hee....image

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

Not sure how its where you live in Germany there have been no real news pretty much regardless what the media says.
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Options
    You just... get on with it. You do what you do. I’m a sensitive child when it comes to these sorts of situations but, in retrospect, it always looks stupid seeing them just list off charactistics as if they’re insults. Yep, people are gay. People can also be new (noobs/trash) and that’s okay, not everyone is good. Some people camp and can be called out for it or falsely accused, people can use DS or loop and can be labelled toxic. And you can cry or be hurt by these things but once you dry away those tears you’ll quickly forget about it.
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options
    The better question is, why exactly are you letting it get to you? 
  • Orion
    Options

@DarkWo1f997 said:

The actual better question is, why are you trying to make it seem like the ######### aren't to blame for their behavior?

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options
    Orion said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

The actual better question is, why are you trying to make it seem like the ######### aren't to blame for their behavior?

I’m not. Why would you play an online game and expect anything less? I’m not implying anything, I think you jumped the shark here, Orion, I’m not at all supporting trash talk, it’s just an easier solution to ignore it in general. 
  • Orion
    Options

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    I’m not. Why would you play an online game and expect anything less? I’m not implying anything, I think you jumped the shark here, Orion, I’m not at all supporting trash talk, it’s just an easier solution to ignore it in general. 

Yes, ignoring the problem is easier than dealing with it, but ignoring it won't make it go away. Reports that lead to bans, however, will make it go away.

• Attackfrog
    Options

@DarkWo1f997 said:

I believe there is some truth in what you are saying.

Remember being a kid and a bully would call you names and parents or teachers would say "ignore them, they are just trying to make.you mad".

When it comes to namecalling, I totally agree.

I feel that real hate speech goes beyond just calling someone a name but includes some call to action (ie: let's beat this guy up or don't let this person in)

• Mushwin
    Options

some ignore it but some like the positive talks and feed back.....people who talk trash should just be banned, but then it would make this community smaller....yes ignore, some cant and we shouldn't have this...but as i said this type of stuff happens all over the net....i just think! shhhhh i am in the news again!

• Orion
    Options

@Mushwin said:
    some ignore it but some like the positive talks and feed back.....people who talk trash should just be banned, but then it would make this community smaller....yes ignore, some cant and we shouldn't have this...but as i said this type of stuff happens all over the net....i just think! shhhhh i am in the news again!

Do you want a big community that's comprised of #########?

• Mushwin
    Options

no but ######### are like opinions and everyone has one.....sadly some are going to slip in....

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited January 2019
    Options

@DarkWo1f997 said:

I believe there is some truth in what you are saying.

Remember being a kid and a bully would call you names and parents or teachers would say "ignore them, they are just trying to make.you mad".

When it comes to namecalling, I totally agree.

I feel that real hate speech goes beyond just calling someone a name but includes some call to action (ie: let's beat this guy up or don't let this person in)

Its the internet, its easier to ignore or report someone and impossible to show some strength, which is the only thing such people respect in RL (Especially those ######### talking on the internet, what strength do these kids have anyway?). 

There is truth to it, its easy to just report it and move on, they are not able to follow you nor are any threat of your physical wellbeing. 
    Knowing this there is little sense in paying them more attention then a report, just unhealthy.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,472
    Options

@Orion said:

@Blueberry said:

@tt_ivi_99 said:

This ^ basically.

I'm basing off the context that has been provided. If he offers anything contrary then I will gladly change my stance. However, he has not. So I go off what he has said. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my statement still.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

@Blueberry said:

@Orion said:

@Blueberry said:

@tt_ivi_99 said:

This ^ basically.

I'm basing off the context that has been provided. If he offers anything contrary then I will gladly change my stance. However, he has not. So I go off what he has said. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my statement still.

OP is talking about homophobic slurs, not being called gay. It's like if someone's complaining about something calling them the N word, and you're like "So you don't like being called black? Lol triggered snowflake". It's like you're being ignorant on purpose.