Why does the hype for the new chapter seem to be quite low?

2»

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,907

Lol, jaded much? The funny part is there is the tiniest shred of truth to what you are saying but it's 99% hyperbole.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 698

Tbh I've seen a lot of hype outside the forums for this chapter, and I'm actually pretty excited myself. The killer power is cool, I like the map, the chapter is a new direction for DBD, the bard perk is funny, you can now play as a nonhuman survivor, Matt motherf*in Mercer is voicing Vecna!

Maybe I'm crazy, but aside from the fact that WotC can pound sand, I'm hyped for this.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 424

Well, yeah, I'm being hyperbolic. I didn't expect anyone to take the sentence "Self destruct to add 1% progress to completed generators" at face value, and as much as new killers' popularity vanishes within the first week, they don't exactly "never show up again".

But it's not like I'm lying. We just got a perk that removes 3 health states for 10% gen progress while having a 1 minute cast time while on the basement, and we haven't had a single killer that stuck around after their release since Wesker.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,907

I didn't really know enough about the next chapter to be hyped or not. DnD is a massively diverse IP to bring into DBD. There are literally infinite options they could have gone with. I don't really know anything about Vecna's lore other than Joe Manganiello had something to do with becoming cannon to the lore. Also, I think Vecna's hand and eye are cards in Magic the Gathering. So I know of the characters existence but really nothing beyond that.

Having said all that, I've now seen video of the PTB of Vecna in play. I'm not really excited about Vecna as a character in the game but I am excited about a wizard with 4 powers in the game! From what I can see, he is surprisingly balanced too. I also think the new map is very on theme with DnD and looks awesome. I like the use of dice rolls. I think bard was a good choice for a survivor. I think some of the perks could use a little tweaking but there are some stand out options. All in all, I think it looks pretty great.