Dracula from Castlevania is a bite far too big for Entity to chew

Options
FreddyVoorhees
FreddyVoorhees Member Posts: 324
edited May 15 in Feedback and Suggestions

Dracula as a killer is just … realms above entity in power. I mean literally he is someone who can boss beings like entity around. He already has done so before in over 30+ games with all manner of evils and gods alike. Him being a "vampire" lost any meaning ancient time ago. He is endlessly more now. Some facts of WHAT he is now :

• Counterweight to the Christian God , an equal match of evil to gods good (stated at the end of Aria of Sorrow), the god of evil, said to "reign at the apex of the dark world"
  • The herald of chaos (all evil ever, the antithesis of god)
  • Dimension/reality warper (can pull people into realms of any kind and travel around them at whim)
  • Invulnerable to absolutely everything in existence (except for the vampire killer holy whip infused with a pure human soul which was his own wrongdoing, and his own power in some scenarios), this includes any magic or powers
  • Master of Death, the Grim Reaper himself who serves him with absolute loyalty
  • Master of ancient Gods of all kinds , mythological beings with all sorts of powers, arch-demons of hell (much like fallen angles like Satan), sorcerers, monsters, undead, liches much like Vecna etc. Can summon them all at will. Commands even creatures that can control time which means is time-proof even.
  • Can't die , collective evil of earth will summon him back from hell to earth no matter what
  • Master of a sentient hellish city castle that is inhabited by all things evil
  • Can steal souls of anything in his presence
  • Can transform into various abnormal hellish eldritch entities at will (does in most games)
  • Can summon meteors and blood storms, prevent daylight in his land, master of sorcery and occult
  • Can teleport at will, possess anyone
  • and much much more

Dracula is the dark lord of chaos that hell cannot contain so how exactly will he end up in entity's realm ?

I mean he is not the devil , he is the SUPER devil. Not in description but in literal meaning.

The Belmonts are also not some buff dudes running around with a chain whip. They actually defeat the guy described above (likely as God's choice in order to prevent the death of everything on Earth, with boundless holy power in their blood that makes them almighty and a soul possessed holy weapon, beside being capable of magic)

So seeing a deity shadowing being like Dracula getting stunned by a pallet would make no sense. Entity managed to depower some individuals but this guy is power by purpose and being.

So what will BHVR come up with for him to bother being in the fog ? Will he command the entity to change the game for himself and the Belmont in order to cheat in their battle ? Will he be bored in the castle and pop in to mess with the Belmonts ?

Post your ideas below.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

Take him at the start of the timeline instead of at the end because it exists outside of our understandings of time

• FreddyVoorhees
    Options

This was already attempted against him by Galamoth who traveled back in time to fight him for the Dark Lord title and failed. I have thought about this too but apparently Dracula became the Dark Lord right at the beginning. It's a title that chaos gives to its physical world avatar. He held it from the start as Castlevania castle is of chaos and he was in its command early on. Not to mention Death itself (of chaos too) served him from day 1.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

I… find myself curious if anyone changes your mind. You seem quite experienced and knowledgeable about Castlevania lore.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,501
    Options

He was not my first pick for Vampire rep for that very reason. Not super sure how that's gonna work.

I would've rather seen Bram Stoker's Dracula or Part 1 DIO. Both are reasonably powered, at least compared to Castelvania's Dracula.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

Ngl not reading all that. But if th entity can obtain pyrmid head and vecna a demi god it can hold dracula

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,990
    edited May 15
    Options

OK ik you didn't read it, but he kind of explained why vecna and pyramid head are still nothing compared to dracula

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 230
    edited May 15
    Options

It really depends on how strong or weak you think the entity is. But I'll admit, you do make a strong argument. The entity could make a deal with dracula, in the same way he'll likely have to make a deal with Pennywise someday

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 76
    Options

Isn't Vecna a god himself, too? I mean, his motives to enter the realm could very well be like Vecna. He could be searching for knowledge, maybe even a deal with the Entity itself.

"A sick curiosity overcoming him, he dropped his concentration, and let the fog take him. Whatever it was, wherever it was, he understood that the only way to harness it was to submit to it. He knew, in his cold, unbeating heart, that its dark secrets would one day be his."

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

didn’t read everything but you just convinced me to never look into Castlevania at all. That sounds super boring. I hope they focus on the vampire features for DbD and leave all that oh-so-powerful (and all the Christianity) out of it.

And for the inclusion: it’s a videogame where everything horror comes together. Literally none of the licensed characters really feature their actual strength, and not even their actual powers/abilities.ü

• ThatHairyGreek
    ThatHairyGreek Member Posts: 31
    Options

The Entity according to the Tome lore, is a being existing outside of conventional space and time. Which is confirmed since it can travel freely from universe to universe, to even different timelines in the same universe alltogether (skins and Legendary Characters)

Dracula while immensely powerful, is still a being confined to 3D-4D space. Even if he had time and reality warping powers, it would not work against a higher dimensional being.

Now if the Entity kidnapped Dr.Manhattan or something i would have several questions lol.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    edited May 15
    Options

It's a fun argument. My lore knowledge is not that strong in either case... however to take a stab at it.

What is evident is that Dracula has a weakness, by virtue of the fact the Belmonts can defeat him. As you say they are imbued with boundless holy power. Dracula himself has unimaginable power, but still relies on other beings for their unique abilities, I would imagine if he has underlings to alter time, he himself cannot alter time for example.

Do we know of any reason the Entity cannot harness things like holy/divine power itself? It seems to have the power to alter time, space and the very fabric of reality to it's will, do we know of any limitation that doesn't allow it to exploit any possible weakness in the subjugation of its victims, and bind them as it sees fit?

It's like the Superman vs. Goku debate, Goku is a man who surpasses his limits to overcome any foe... but Superman is a man without limits... so at the end of it all, only 1 has limits to give. We know that Dracula has limits... but we don't know if the same is true for the Entity.

This seems to be the divide to my mind, the Entity is portrayed like a pupper master pulling the strings from out of sight... there is nothing to suggest the Entity is using even a fraction of its power to control these worlds/beings. We don't know if any progress in fighting the Entity (such as the creation of hatch) was achieved in defiance of the Entity, or if the Entity allowed it to happen...

Whereas I'm pretty sure Dracula didn't allow his head to be slapped off his shoulders...

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

The Entity's realm could be one place that Dracula's soul goes to bide his time while awaiting his resurrections. He hangs around in another god's realm, entertaining himself by tormenting another god's toys, then leaves when he's ready. I think that would work.

Also yes, the lack of a Castlevania map has strongly turned me off from the chapter through sheer disappointment.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

i think that is the best explanation they could work with. there is no real way the entity could handle a full power cracular against his will. at best the both are equall in strengh

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

They could even say that one reason Dracula resurrects is because while he's playing along with The Entity's game, he's also siphoning power from The Entity's trials, like stealing its food. Every time he hooks Dwight, he's one day closer to reviving back on Earth.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,677
    Options

They've had 2 chances now with Dracula and Knight to introduce a castle map and they didn't take it.

I think BHVR might just be scared of castles.

• Starrseed
    Options

maybe it even like a holiday for him. lets hang out in another gods realm and enjoy some hunts where the victims always come back to get hunted again. just for a couple of decades or even one or two centurys to sit out a couple of belmonts till they stop being so damn prepared

• FreddyVoorhees
    edited May 15
    Options

There is a great similarity between the chaos and the entity. But I feel like that chaos has an edge. Chaos is a match or opposite of a omni everything figure of Christian god and Dracula is a physical avatar that it pours all its power into. Both God and Chaos exist out of realms and time too, the ceiling of all creation. All there is or ever will be comes from that god. This chaos is similar like the same named thing from greek mythology that predated all the gods.

If entity from dbd would pick an individual on earth to represent its very incarnate (like Nea lol) and put 100% of its full power into this individual, you would get someone like Dracula. But we do not know what entity is right now, we even saw that it is a plant like inter-dimensional being that can get sick (from blight). It also depends on food too, hence the trials. While chaos is a boundless being of pure power that is a yang to almightys god ying.

I feel like that entity is a high power being that would come out of chaos much like Death itself (The grim reaper). But all that comes from chaos serves it and its physical form the dark lord.

• CarlAlc7
    CarlAlc7 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 90
    Options

All of this will just make it even funnier when he'll inevitably be tamed by a piece of wood xd.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,650
    Options

The Entity can control any creature, because it is infact not the creature itself but its or memory of it made manifest.

Castlevania Dracula is most likely extracted from Feng Min's mind and animated by the Entity.

I just hope she has played Castlevania Judgement, cause I want to costume of Dracula from that game so bad.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options
  • HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,990
    Options

On the roadmap, the August chapter (castlevania) comes without a map

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 540
    Options

Doesn't Dracula get killed by dude with a whip on a regular basis? You're pumping him up as a cosmic threat but he's never actually won, even once

• HansLollos2
    HansLollos2 Member Posts: 148
    Options

I just hope the Entity can't get their mouth full and chews a Dracula's Castle Map as well

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options

Oh wow talk about hype killer. That would’ve been one of the most iconic castle maps..I see why everyone’s disappointed now.

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 357
    Options

It's not the real dracula it's a weaker manifestation created by the entity. Problem solved. 😜

• Mooks
    Options

they could add a whole other realm for castlevania though??

Like, almost all licensed maps have come with their own realm (except for D&D now being part of an existing one as well as Alien which.. still got a separate offering for some weird reason)

• Ohyakno
    Options

Little bit of it. Mostly I've played every Castlevania game except the awful god of war clones. He's usually not even the hardest boss and sometimes he's not even happy to be alive and wishes people would stop summoning him.

• FreddyVoorhees
    Options

The games being platformers fail to properly illustrate the lore for him and the Belmonts. But in order to spite god he bit off more he can chew. He is now bound to be gods opposite whether he likes it or not. Belmonts are also immensely powerful beings that can level cities if not more with their holy power. Julius made the entire castle crumble while holding back when he performed the Grand Cross in Aria of Sorrow. Dracula warps realms and reality as it is nothing when transforming in many games.

Its a shame that we dont get a map. Castlevania is the main character of the series , a sentient castle that always rebuilds itself differently.

• Starrseed
    Options

is that a fact? like im absolutly sure its the real legion that entered the fog

• Ohyakno
    edited May 15
    Options

Oh. Reverse castle like the vecna portals would be rad as hell.

Nevermind. I'm on board now.

• Emeal
    Options

No living creature can survive what's happening in the Entity, the Legion is dead now.

• Emeal
    Options
  • Mooks
    Options

… and? We have similar structures in different realms already?

A realm is not only characterized by assets and main building, but lighting etc..

• Mooks
    Options

Oh babes, I have seen your comments. You are not ahead of me 👍