Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Chapter: Traitor's Pain

Anonyshadow
Anonyshadow Member Posts: 25

Before I get into this idea, if it is taken and used, I would appreciate it if I could be contacted to audition for voicing said character, but I'm not really going to make a fuss over it, just wishful thinking lol.

This Chapter idea is centered around a single character who is both killer and Survivor. Basically two separate characters, but the same character, I will explain.

Jack Gray is a survivor, or at least a part of him is. During a night around the campfire, Jack, or a part of him separates from it. He engages with the entity, tired of being hunted and slaughtered and instead… wanting to become the hunter. A part of Jack Gray is lost to the fog and becomes a killer known as The Traitor/The Illusion. (Name Undecided but I like the name Traitor for this killer)

The killer version of this character would be shrouded in Darkness, a shade of his real, survivor self, a twisted and evil being, taunting its victims while hunting them down. "I've done this countless times.. you really think you can escape me?" "Next, the window… right?" "You can't hide from me… not for long."

The Traitor's Power is a bit inspired from The Lich's kit, or more precisely what can be done with it. Rather than a singular power, the Traitor has access to a few abilities to confuse, befuddle, and twist the minds of the survivors into playing into his clutches. "Shadows of the Mind" is the name of this collection of powers.

1. Mirror - The Traitor creates a copy of himself that moves in counter contrast to a nearby survivor's movements around an object. This ability would ideally be used when circling an object with a survivor. The Mimic will swing at the survivor if they draw close, but otherwise deal no damage. (If there are no survivors actively being chased by the killer, then instead this power will make the mirror walk towards the nearest generator, but not engage in any chase-like activities)

2. Pursuer/Doppleganger - The Traitor creates a copy of himself that moves around obstacles and directly towards a survivor, even chasing them, lunging an attack at them when drawing close enough. (If there are no survivors actively being chased by the killer, then instead this power will make the Doppleganger roam around the area as if searching for a survivor, even interacting with lockers unless one is occupied by a survivor.)

These two powers alone allow the Traitor to get into the mind of a survivor and trick them. Although both abilities have a lengthy cooldown. The survivor might never be able to tell which Traitor is the real one and which is the illusion.

3. Mimic - The Traitor turns invisible for 4 seconds and is unable to use their abilities or weapon for this duration. Their terror radius shrinks down and they send out an illusionary visage of one of the 4 survivors in the lobby (Chosen at random) This illusion would act similarly to a bot, but Ignore the Traitor's presence. This illusion persists for 15 seconds before vanishing into a puff of smoke. It will also disappear after 2 seconds after meeting a certain criteria. If a Survivor draws close to the Mimic, they will trigger Killer instinct for 2 seconds and cause the mimic to dissipate after 2 seconds.

I don't know, I find this sort of mind-game killer would be fun to play and with the twisted aspect of him being able to sacrifice his survivor self.

Ideally the perks would be named opposite of each other, showing the duality of survivor and killer.