Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Windows of opportunity is damaging the game.

2»

Comments

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359

On you last point on inflated usage rates, AFAIK percentages dont work like that.

• GloomySpooks
    GloomySpooks Member Posts: 39

Use Zenshin Tactics and you can use a perk slot for the same exact info, and learn how to mindgames survivors with it. There is literally a killer equivalent perk, making it a balanced info perk. Use it if you think survivors running WoO is what is really losing your games for you.

I would absolutely love a survivor perk equivalent of lethal pursuer personally.

• Manslaughter
    Manslaughter Member Posts: 42

I just learned to work around survivors who are using windows, plus of you play killer just rum zanshin. WoO isn't that bad if you know how to work around people who use it. It's perfect the way it is, personally as a killer main I don't think it needs any nerfs. And as I said before just run zanshin if you wanna try and counter it.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,011

Zanshin is exactly the perk that illustrates the asymmetrical nature of the game. It's worthless for killers because they do not lead chases. They don't need to know where to go because they're following survivors and they know which structures don't have resources because they destroyed those resources.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,750

Windows high usage says a lot of things: it's a free perk to unlock, new player friendly, veteran player useful, chase extender, resource minder, doesn't really directly benefit SWF, etc.

I'd like to see escape rates with & without Windows across the trials, so we have a better understanding of its effectiveness.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,083

Honestly the main reason why Windows is annoying is it highlights bad map spawns when it works super effectively (double long wall windows etc) which i feel is more of a map issue

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

Usually players should not have issues finding tiles, so if the perk extends chases I would also say it is mostly a map issue, because it makes the Broken pieces more obvious, just like you said. And ofc it helps especially well on indoor maps.

• ZamasuManzon
    ZamasuManzon Member Posts: 186

I didn't read all comments here, so apologies of I say something that other person already did.

I've started to play without it after two points in all my DbD experience.
    1-After trying the 0 perks and escape 8 times trophy.
    2-After playing some matches on Chaos Shuffle

Only after the second I've decided/got confident to remove it 100% even in my solo queue matches.
    It indeed helps A LOT for you to learn map structures and pallets placements, but I want to improve this even more now.
    Learn "how" to look loops efficiently to spot pallets and windows. I did the same with Deja Vu too.
    These two perks may make you too dependent of them and you could use another two perks that will indeed give your more value than something that can give you info that can be 90% memorize.
    I'm still not using those two even after Vecna's map drops.

TL;DR: WoO is great to use in solo queues, but the longer you use it the worst may be to let go of it and you can use something better after learning the structures and spawns.