The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nerf The Nurse

All I want to say is, I don’t understand why it’s so hard to nerf the nurse in any type of way. I’ve seen ppl saying she doesn’t need a nerf but literally every game I have played this month against a nurse player, even the not so good ones has gotten atleast a 3-4k, with 2k sometimes being before 2 or 3 gens being complete. I just don’t know how long it’s been since players have been asking for this change with devs acting like they don’t see it. But they would swear up and down they are listening to the community😒.

Comments

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 627

Well I've won at least 5 this month, as long as everyone knows more or less how to play against nurse she's pretty okay. That being said not too many people know it (besides that you must have the luck that no one gives up) xD

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 348

Small nerfs, yeah. Nothing drastic. If you do too much to her you take away what's unique about her or risk making her even less popular to play. The main reason she only needs a small nerf is because there's existing counterplay to her power, but the problem arises where Nurse gets access to her power so frequently that successful counterplay to her Blink doesn't reward the Survivor with much room to evade or elude. Her Blinks recharge while she is enduring the fatigue. So by the time she is recovered she essentially has her full power back right away. How many times have good players predicted a Nurse or manipulated their movement to put obstacles in between them and the Nurse's attack. Only to be hit 4 seconds later, even though they made a solid amount of distance from that good outplay. Here is what I would do to her power:

• Blink recharge time is increased to 5 seconds, per token.
    • Blink tokens do not begin recharging until fatigue duration has expired.
    • Nurse's fatigue duration is decreased to 1.3 seconds. Consuming more than one Blink token in one instance does not increase the duration of fatigue.
    • Nurse must wait for all Blink tokens to be recharged before Nurse can perform a Blink.
    • When all Blink tokens are consumed, Nurse's movement speed is increased to 4.2m/s until all Blink tokens are recharged.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359

Her basekit is fine and has good counterplay but still needs to be changed in small ways.

• bring back stun-fatigue, and make it so she wont recharge blinks during it (pallets finally have a use)
    • Increase fatigue by 1s if you miss (makes locker counterplay more viable while rewarding 360s and punishing nurse misplays)
    • bring back lightburn for nurse
    • Maybe a small compensatory buff, shorter fatigue for landing a hit?

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

I think she still gets increased fatigue for missing a blink attack?

• Archol123

Her counterplay is just different from any other killer and many people have no clue what to do against her, and those players just get stomped. Other than that it is hard to nerf her more without removing her identity or turning her into Blight...

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359

she does but I think its only 0.25s or something, definitely not enough for such a strong power.

• Archol123

Nope, it is 1 second... She gets 2 second base fatigue, an extra 0.5 seconds per chain blink and an extra 1 second for an attack used... So maybe check the wiki.