Anonymous users shouldn't see other peoples' names/ or hide usernames before match begins for all

Options
Agaki
Agaki Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 61

Apparently, anonymous mode is to protect the user from harassment but they can harass other users using anonymity. They should not be able to see other usernames or even access other player's profiles because too many players are hiding behind anonymous mode to be toxic in matches. I have been in matches where I see the exact player who are not anonymous, so imagine people who are going anonymous, changing their outfit and harassing someone they recognise. Anonymous killers are harassing players they recognize in matches, I've experienced it. If we cannot see or go onto their profile, they shouldn't be able to do the same. Harassment shouldn't go one way.

Or a better option is to hide usernames in the lobby because killers are going to remember the player and remember their build.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,070
    Options

You can opt into anon mode to hide your name. There's already a separate option to hide other player names that people can opt into.