We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

We need better common perks

justadreampallet
justadreampallet Member Posts: 132
edited May 29 in Feedback and Suggestions

we have a few on both sides, we got sloppy, noed, kindred, we’ll make it, and a few more situational ones but we also have spies of the shadows and other perks like that for most. How can newer players expect to find good builds if they can’t even have a full load out depending on the character they main, I started maining Adam cause I like his April fools head and I’m glad I got him up a bit to get inner strength but now the best common perks are restricted again. So adding new ones would help everyone. Even mid tier killers who maybe only have like 4 killers prestiged. I’d say perk for each category would help for a newby

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,996

I second this notion, I believe bHVR should take a look at the sum of beginner friendly perks and add those to the general perk pool and then give the character a new perk. I know its monetizable to have good perks on a character, but it is simply too greedy to do this to the new player in the game. The person who needs the best tools to learn to play the game, seems to be the person bHVR is demanding the most from, its too harsh in my opinion.

I encourage bHVR to take a look, make a list of all the Perks that are good for new players. Add those to the general perk pool and make new ones to replace them on that character. This would make the beginner experience WAY better in the long run.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,781

Absolutely. While I'd actually disagree regarding Spies (I think that perk is underrated and is fine as it is), there are several general perks on both sides that are bad. New players already don't have a ton of options and a lot of the options that do exist are rather underwhelming. While new players' selection of general perks temporarily got better for a little while when the Stranger Things perks became general perks, that has since been reversed. So having some new ones again might help this issue.

Additionally, these already existing general perks all come to mind as needing some help:

• Dark Sense (not bad, but not great either)
    • Premonition (really bad)
    • Slippery Meat (really bad unless you have 4 stack Up the Ante and luck offerings)
    • Spine Chill (really bad)
    • This is Not Happening (pretty bad and outclassed by Resilience)
    • Distressing (only good on certain builds, can also be a trap for new players who don't understand why a larger terror radius isn't always good)
    • Insidious (really bad and mostly only used for camping, should just be reworked tbh)
    • Iron Grasp (not bad, but outclassed by Agitation, a perk which belongs to a free killer that new players have access to)
    • Shattered Hope (extremely niche and not worth a perk slot)
    • Unrelenting (really bad)