The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is Legion worth the money?

So, now that some of the hype around Legion has died down and people have got a rough idea of how to play him and/or around him (counter lol?)
Is Legion actually worth buying? I have been considering getting them but cannot make up my mind, help me spend my money.

Best Answer

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    Answer ✓

@Theluckyboi said:
    Dont pay money, use iridescent shards

Originally I was going to just use shards but not been playing as much so shards are low atm. If he is not worth actual cash then I will just grind shards as you suggest.

Answers

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I love Legion, big maps are a huge burden, even with FF but normal maps are fine. I use stacked duration add-ons and I'm good to go. Legion is fun, he can attack multiple people and keep everyone on their toes. If you use Bloodhound there will be so much blood you won't know it belongs to, true story.

You could buy with shards but you could also use those shards to get Bloodpoints to put into Legion from the Shrine. You won't waste money on getting him if you enjoy watching people play him/her.

As for counters to Legion, on console it's juking and normally you just need to run and loop for as long as you possibly can until he loses you because he can't see scratch marks in FF or hope that your long chase helps your teammates to do Gens.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

@HatCreature What build/perks would you suggest for him?

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Killigma said:
    help me spend my money.

Don't know about Legion, but I'll gladly help you spending your money. Helping people makes me feel so good.

Ok, seriously: he's interesting to play for a short while, but gets silly soon. On the other hand, Legion's perks are definitely worth it. Mad Grit is mostly for fun, but Discordance is one of the best perks, also one that most survivors still don't expect. It quickly became a favourite of mine. Very useful, even on slower killers.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@Killigma said:
    @HatCreature What build/perks would you suggest for him?

Bloodhound
    Monitor & Abuse
    Discordance
    Sloppy Butcher I use this build to get closer to Survivors before activating Frenzy since Frenzy expands your TR, Bloodhound to track in chase and Mangled just to distract them with healing.

I had a REALLY good match with this

Remember Me
    Rancor
    BBQ & Chili
    I forget the last perk but basically with this I was able to juggle BOTH Exit gates, neither of them got open because I was forcing them to Mend and when they weren't Mending, the Gate took longer and the 4th couldn't get the hatch because BBQ showed me where they were going, and they DC'd to spite me XD because of it.

I haven't tried this but I think it would be awesome.
    Huntress Lullaby
    Unnerving Presence
    Thrill of The Hunt
    free perk slot

Use Irridescent Button on this and your TR effects the whole map so everytime you go into FF you could potentially make Gens all over the map explode.

Other great perks for them is Stridor, andThanatophobia, you could use Nurse's but it's up to you. Healing against Legion wastes time but people do it anyway. Hope this helps :)

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

For one of my preferred styles of play (annoy the hell out of the survivors) Legion fits perfectly. I do not have the time to invest in grinding for shards, so I paid for the DLC. It was worth buying for me. In the end, that is a personal choice if your prefer to grind or prefer to buy.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

As Legion is right now it's not even worth the shards, I'd say wait for a good buff. Also their perks are kinda useless except one

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

I like Legion. Keep in mind depending on who you want for your Legion you might have to double pay. Susie and Joey you have to buy. I used shards for Legion, then bought Susie (Then bought Joeys mask for her :p ). Never buy what you can get for free with a (little extra elbow grease.)

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I'd say Legion is worth getting. Once you get the hang of him, he's garunteed downs but with preset timing so it can be shorter or longer than downs with other killers (but usually ends up being shorter than with most killers). He has a low skill ceiling so he's easy to learn. And the Discordance perk he brings to the table is one of the better perks in the game.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,213

My personal opinion, they're weakness is over exaggerated, and I have fun playing them, but I would still wait for a few buffs that are desperately needed. An ambush killer should not have a Terror Radius a mile long (although that terror radius is terrifying, although it might just be that way on PTB, haven't run into them much normally).
    They are getting buffed next patch, and it will help, I'm just not sure how much since I have only played Survivor on PTB this time around. And the Legion I ran against there was new to them, so...

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Honestly Legion is both just as weak and just as powerful as both parties that either enjoy or hate them claim.

From the bit I've seen it falls into two problems currently.

Problem 1.) Frank's Mixed Tape IS a balanced add-on, but not at Rare quality. When compared to killers with similiar add-ons you usually see effects like this for one of a Killer's two Ultra Rares.

Problem 2.) Moonwalkers are skewing the numbers. Since it has become a thing I think like only every fourth or fifth Legion I face off against has not used Moonwalking. All others I personally have face do. I genuinely feel as though that this is one of the major issues currently preventing Legion from receiving any major buffs or reworks because honestly Moonwalking DOES work. In regards to BHVR themselves it's a crap shoot when Survivors or Killers use mechanics in a way the devs didn't intend. The devs have been on the record in saying that if this continues to be the tactic, they will do something that prevents this from working, whatever that may be. When that happens, there is going to be an even longer length of time where the devs will watch the numbers and compare them to the Moonwalking period. At this point will be when we either get additional buffs on Legion or a full rework.

So in short, TLDR Legion is the Schrodinger's Cat of killers being simultaneously weak and strong at the same time. Frank's Mixed Tape needs to be an Ultra Rare and replace the stupid gen aura add-on, and Moonwalkers are going to eventually ruin Legion for a bit, though hopefully they'll emerge stronger st the end.
  • KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112

@Theluckyboi said:

*sharts

• KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112

I got Legion by using iridescent sharts and I regret it. Shjould've got clown.