We need more meme perks!

WittyDreamer
WittyDreamer Member Posts: 22
edited June 4 in Feedback and Suggestions

Nicolas cage was by far one of the most fun chapters bringing along perks that you could actually enjoy, I'm tired of facing the same 4 perks every game from both sides, perks need to start prioritising enjoyment rather then objectives, we've got enough of those.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

Agreed, his perks are great in the sense of being fun while not useless but also not strong. Would be great to have more of these perks

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,576

I agree, but

• Archol123

Fair ^^

I guess just a few that are far above all others ^^

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,977

Well the problem is the meme perks also need to actually be good to see use.

Dramaturgy - On demand mini Sprint Burst. Pretty great perk even with the potential downsides, and the free items are decent too.

Plot Twist - Efficient self heal perk that also allows you hide easily, with a surprising versatility to it and many interesting interactions.

Scene Partner - Funny info perk, but noone really uses it, because it gives away your position every time you look at the killer, and it's rare you get the aura read at a time it's actually useful.

Fact of the matter is, if you play to win, you'll end up against players playing to win. If you play meme builds and goof off, you'll lose more often and get more games against players who play meme builds and goof off... or at least players lower skill than you so it balances pit anyway.

• Archol123

I would not say they need to be good, they need to have an effect that is not entirely useless... People that want to run meme perks just need options to do so... What can you currently run if you want a goofy build and get some value or funny moments out of it? Those 3 perks + how many more?

When you plot twist to make wesker vault the window instead of hitting you then you don't play to win, the effect is obviously not really good in that situation but it is funny, and that's what matters... You could make a perk called die of cringe and make it have the effect that if you tbag the killer 20 times while 10 m away from him oyu enter the dying state.... And I am sure people would run it, because it would be hilarious... I am not expecting meme perks to be good, I am expecting them to be funny.

• UndeddJester
    edited June 4

LoL, here's to making Die of Cringe basekit xD

I suppose my point is, that a perk that's funny and is otherwise useless would get ran only until it stops being funny. Like the new Bardic Inspiration perk, right now, it's new, and funny to play it in front of the killer. I myself started dancing with Plague for 10 or so seconds when a survivor did it, and basically threw the game, even though I was still playing to win, I couldn't help myself. However for every person like me, there are plenty of players who would just ignore it and run the survivor down immediately.

Interactions like this would make such a perk be funny for a couple of games… but it'd quickly lose its charm. Obviously Bardic Inspiration has got its primary uses, but this interaction of memeing with the killer will stop once it stops being funny. The only way it stays something that people do, which is the point of the OP, is if the perk outside of memes is actually good.

Plot Twist for example is a very surprising perk, yes you can use it for trolling Wesker like that… but it's also better than a lot of self heal perks in a variety situations. Off the top of my head: -

• Can heal through Pinhead chain hunt without issue.
    • Can stop Pig headtrap timer while healing.
    • Can heal vs. Oni without leaving blood.
    • Can be used to bypass temporary broken effects such a Deliverance or FTP, and complete the heal immediately after the broken effect ends.
    • Can be used to build Power Struggle + Flip Flop with the aid of an ally under pallets to make it impossible to pick up.

Plot Twist is a perk that is actually pretty strong in a number of scenarios, so taking it is not a throw… and it then being able to do memes as well means it is a great meme perk… but if it lost all this utility… you wouldn't get meme usage of it, because it wouldn't be good outside of memes, so when the novelty wears off, noone would run it.

• Archol123

Sure, but the point is if you don't only have 1 or 2 meme perks there is quite a big pool of them so you can switch between them and have variety without stuff getting old... Making Wesker accidentally vault a window for example never gets old in my mind.

Ofc it would motivate more people to run such perks if they are actually good, but then they probably would not use them to meme around, which is fair and all, but the main goal should be it's meme potential, as there are otherwise enough strong perks or at least concepts that could be improved to become strong perks.

As for bardic inspiration, not sure about it, but I think depending on your roll it might actually be a good perk... Btw. Did they remove the teeth thing while playing lute? I hope not as that was great ^^

• UndeddJester
    edited June 4

Yeeeah, that's a fair point I suppose, with enough to choose from, the cycling of novelty would probably see more meme perk usage. As you say, if the effect isn't complete trash would probably still see usage.

Did they remove the teeth thing while playing lute? I hope not as that was great ^^

Ahahahaha…. I don't actually know… I was too busy dancing at the time to pay attention… but if I see it again I'll check xD

• Archol123

Honestly even if the effect is complete trash people would use it if it was fun or at least the visuals look fun... You could probably create a perk that would explode the survivor instantly killing them and if it looked funny people would use it xD

• DwightDwigt
    DwightDwigt Member Posts: 73

Agreed!

Plus, the most-recent meme perk (Bardic Inspiration) needs to be adjusted to have its cooldown reduced dramatically.

Let the people lute!

90 seconds is way too long between performances!