The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Monstrous Shrine Rework Idea

What if Monstrous Shrine forced Hexed Totems to spawn inside of the basement?

This would enable the Killer to build a perk set around the Basement being the source of immense power for them.
Smart or determined Survivors could brave the terrors of the Basement and be rewarded with greatly crippling the Killer.

Now that I'm done with the more theatrical portion of the post, here's a few reasons why I believe a change similar to this would be healthy for the game as a whole.
1. There's many perks that need a solid rework and I think everyone can agree Monstrous Shrine has been on that list since release. In the current state of the game you never wiggle on a hook except to signal camping or as a last ditch effort when you're the only one left, and that's just about the only thing the perk does right now.
2. Everyone can also agree that Hexed Totems are far too easy to find in most cases and losing them early into a match is devastating. Even you, the devs, agree on this because you've been putting a decent amount of effort to make them harder to detect in a fair amount of patches so far. (Greatly appreciated btw)
3. Because of Totems being so easy to find and disable it is causing very few of the perks related to them to ever see play, Ruin and NOED being the prime examples. NOED being the more interesting example between the two because it doesn't even Hex a Totem at all, but instead prays on groups that don't cleanse every Totem on the map.

So here's my thoughts on what this change could do.
I know another list, I'm sorry, but hear me out...
1. This change would maintain the counter play that Totems have always had, simply cleanse them and the perk is dead. This would not only make that a much harder task to accomplish, but also make it more rewarding because the Killer would have used up an entire other perk slot to allowing them to protect their Totems; possibly two other perks if they chose to use Territorial Imperative! How beautiful is that?
2. Perfect segue into my second point here. Territorial Imperative would also be brought back into the light because it would allow Killers utilizing this combo to protect their Basement easier while losing out on the opportunity to run a third Totem perk. Even more counter play / build diversity!
3. Potentially completely flip how the Killer plays around their Basement. You wouldn't actually want Survivors to go there or to hook one of them inside of it, because that would give away your secret... Instead of the Basement being a place where you go to die, it would almost become a sub-objective, one that bold Survivors could choose to undertake in order to cripple the Killer.

I'd love to hear everyone's opinions on this idea.

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

A good idea, and I can see where you are coming from. But this seems more like it should be it's own perk idea. A rework is not needed for this perk, just a buff. Might I suggest seeing my idea for making Monstrous Shrine a great perk again?

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/36440/monstrous-shrine-buff-idea#latest

• Chicken
    Chicken Member Posts: 123

I agree with Shad, THis is an AWESOME idea, but the only thing montruous shrine need is a speed buff while walking towards the basement. i acctually think Territorial imperative should have this effect as it fits the name better. (The basement is the killer's main territory, there are precious totems if you go there, but he'll know if you do so)

• Killallu
    Killallu Member Posts: 3

I would agree that this change might fit the theme of Territorial Imperative a bit better, but then you could run 3 Hex perks and TI, that might make it a little too easy to guard for the benefit you could be getting. I would be happy seeing something like this change on either perk or even just as a standalone perk though.