Why Vecna shouldn't be nerfed

Alexlotlz
Alexlotlz Member Posts: 11
edited June 7 in General Discussions

I see people saying "Vecna is getting nerfed" or "Mage Hand needs to be nerfed." Well let me enlighten you as to why he shouldn't be nerfed. So right now people are using Mage Hand to get guaranteed hits right, well so is every other killer in the game. You put almost any other killer in the same scenario it's always a guaranteed hit. Nurse can blink through after you drop it, Huntress can throw a hatchet, Plague with Corrupt puke, Deathslinger at certain walls, Pyramid head, Trickster with enough laceration meter, Nemesis, Artist crow, Xeno, Unknown. Those are all the one who can HIT through the pallets. Some killer can simply break the pallet in half a second, Billy, Bubba, Demo, Oni with fury, Blight, Nemesis (again), Knight's guards, Singularity in overclock mode. And now there's killer who can simply ######### down the loop, Trapper with traps, Hag, Doctors entire kit is based around him shocking you and not being able to drop pallets OR vault windows. Then we have killers who can vault over the pallets, Legion in frenzy, Wesker. Over half the roster of killers can get guaranteed hits in the same scenario so whats the difference with Vecna??? If you're gonna complain about Venca's Mage Hand needing a nerf you better be complaining about Doctor when his whole kit is based around you not being able to vault anything or drop pallets, and you can spam his power and all doctor players every use are Discipline or Iri addons. And need i remind you Nurse still exists. You drop a pallet or vault a window in front of her she just blinks and you get hit. No counterplay with that. Mage Hand at least has some counterplay to it with baiting it out early, and some times you don't want to use Mage Hand right away so you as the survivor player are still buying time for your team to do gens. I've played Vecna non stop since release and i can so whole heartedly he does not need a nerf at all. He is balanced the way he is right now.

Post edited by Alexlotlz on

Comments

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,959

Myers can break pallets faster?

• Alexlotlz

Yeah you're correct, i was thinking of vaulting windows. My mistake

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,903

I mean hey if people would rather face huntress I guess thats what they want. They finally add a decent killer since wesker and people want him nerfed day 2.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489

You can stay in the pallet and try to mindgame against nurse. No guaranteed hit. You can run through the pallet vs Xeno or Nemi to avoid a hit at the pallet. No guaranteed hit. You can try to dodge a hatchet. Trickster cant down with a single m2. Plague need her power, which you can deny. Deathlinger cant guarantee a down over a pallet. Also, none of those powers are just tied to a pallet loop. Vecna completely ddenies a pallet loop with this power. Its not like a better chance of downing, its a guarentee.

• Alexlotlz

Any Nurse who sees you at a pallet is charging up a blink and the moment you drop it she blinks and 180 hits you and you cant dodge it or vault away since youre stuck in animation. You can do the same thing against Vecna, just run through the pallet. You crouch against a huntress she still hits you because of hitboxes. I said if trickster has enough laceration he can or throw rate. Like i said again IF Plague has her power she downs you through a pallet. Like i said AGAIN IF its a short wall Deathslinger gets the hit. Youre right, none of them are tied to pallet loops but are useful against pallet loops shutting them down almost entirely. You havent disproved anything with your argument.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808
    edited June 7

A good nurse ain't missing her swing try to mind game all you want it ain't happening Nurse herself is a guaranteed a good huntress ain't missing a hatchet and your forgetting plague starts with a free corrupted pool and has addons to give more free red pools

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489

Nothing of this is a gauranteed hit. While it doesnt matter what you do against mage hand. You have absolutely no counterplay.

• Alexlotlz

Majority of those are guaranteed, and there is counter play against it. Be at a loop with a window, bait out mage hand. Succesfully do that and youre safe

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,728

Comparing any power and being like 'it's not much different from nurse' already shows an issue.

On the other killers you mention, you have to qualify a number of them. Like it can happen with Trickster if the laceration meter is high enough. Other killers only have the power for a temporary amount of time. Vecna has the mage hand, plus his other powers.

It's not that hitting through pallets is something that never ever should happen, that's a strawman, it's that Vecna in the PTB was too weak, now it looks like they made him a bit too strong.

• Alexlotlz

How does that show an issue. Im comparing because people are complaining about Mage Hand when all these other things exist that result in the same thing Mage Hand accomplishes.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

It's really ridiculous to nerf him when community isn't even sure about their strategy against him, and it's not like BHVR is going to buff him afterwards just as quickly

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,728

Because people don't complain in a vacuum. If Vecna had no other powers but a 38 second cooldown Mage Hand, people might complain about how boring it is, but they wouldn't need to complain about the killer balance.

Vecna seems really strong - I would have been fine with BHVR waiting a few more days to make a decision, but their data must be showing a clear problem if they are addressing it already. The Mage Hand guaranteed hits are the most obvious problem he has, compared to PTB where mage hand was only useful if you could time it right.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833
    edited June 8

Can we stop acting like the nerf to Mage Hand is gutting Vecna? The time to lift a pallet is going from 0.35s to 0.50s. Hardly a massive nerf. They buffed Vecna straight out the gates, and while the spell cooldown and recovery times were necessary buffs, I don't think anyone was having a problem with Mage Hand at 0.50s

Vecna will still be strong. Mage Hand will still be strong. Something everyone here seems to forget is that this is the first killer who, for all intents and purposes, has 4 abilities in one. FOTD may not be great as a ranged attack, but it's very good for zoning. Fly is great for traversal and catch-up, and you can use it to go over pallets and vaults. Very useful in scenarios where there's a god pallet. Dispelling Sphere means you don't need to rely on aura reading perks to find survivors. Mage Hand, as we know, is a very strong anti-loop ability.

With all that, it'd be very hard to make Vecna lower than an A-Tier killer unless you made using his spells clunky like it was in the PTB.

• Alexlotlz
  • Kaitsja

All I'm seeing is a bunch of whining from people who act like Vecna's going straight to D-Tier over what is basically a nothing nerf.

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276

Obligatory "Vecna shouldn't be getting nerfed" post 29, Can we go for 30?????

Real talk though, the only thing that needs to be changed on vecna's kit is her mage hand, seriously. It is an IRREFUTABLE Fact that that the only way to avoid having a free hit be used on you is to have that artifact that grants you 3% haste when mage hand IS used.

Otherwise, the only real hard counter to Vecna's entire kit is Crouching and looping at windows, seeing as he has the capability to completely shutdown pallet loops, like the past…couple of killers added to the game could do.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,294

BHVR is incredibly biased in survivors favor and bends over backwards to placate them.

Main survivor complaint hasn't been taken seriously in 8 years, no killer loses more than they win, new survivor perks average to no value or even negative value...

But one killer getting a slap on the wrist after hitting 70% kill rate is proof of 'incredible bias in favour of survivors'.

Peak DBD forums.

He already got like ten buffs.

• Kaitsja

"B-but any nerf to Mage Hand will immediately dumpster Vecna!"

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68

Getting a refund if they do. I want what was advertised to me, not an inferior, nerfed-down version. I'm tired of this "nerf this, nerf that" mentality just because people can't learn how to counter killers and want everything fed to them like they're being nursed by their mom.

I see now why that video going around about people leaving the game was so popular; now the game is just not the same anymore. It's not even been a week and already people are complaining and want nerfs. It's like I'm playing Warframe all over again; all they knew how to do is nerf things too smh.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Dude the fact anybody thinks that BHVR favors survivor is honestly hilarious. Especially considering the 60% kill rate they are going for. Are people like you really for real?