Players of the fog, Don't complain in these forums.

Options
Where to begin, these forums are for discussions about ideas for changes. Not to critique the devs on how bad of a job they did. What you should do when you don't like the current system, perk, add on, etc is explain what you would do different and not complain about the current problems. Similarly, when you go down to you favorite restaurant and you explain your order several times, but they still get it wrong. Give them a nice handshake and congratulate them for trying, pay for and eat whatever food they did give you. I mean, you wouldn't want to actually complain to them about fixing any issues. Similarly don't complain about other people's ideas either. Just state what your idea would be. Don't say their idea sucks or is dumb. They tried to give an honest opinion of what they think would make the game better. Let's all strive to be nice in these forums and not to lay blame or criticize other people for mistakes we all make. Hope you all continue to have fun in the fog. 

Comments

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited January 2019
    Options
    These forums are to create a hub for the DbD community. I will complain as much as I please tyvm. That being said, the only complaining I ever do is about other players or other forum members.
  • KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112
    Options

What're you the new mod? Ill do what I want.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options
    -chuckles- not to down play you, but if you think game forums will only ever hold nice, constructive criticism then you obviously weren't around for Vanilla WoW forums...
  • Ray_Penber
    Ray_Penber Member Posts: 94
    Options
    I agree with all of you. I wrote this a bit more serious than I intended I guess. I tried to throw in some sarcasm. Everyone has a right here to free speech. I just find it totally absurd that when I go and post my opinion on either the devs or someone complaining about what the devs did, I get people telling me not to complain. Umm... this is a forum. You have to have critiquing so they can fix issues. However, I understand not all of the posts are complainers. There is always a balance between positive and negative feedback. I just get tired of people in these forums telling me not to give negative feedback. Thank you guys for agreeing with me.
  • Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    Options

@Ray_Penber said:
    Similarly, when you go down to you favorite restaurant and you explain your order several times, but they still get it wrong. Give them a nice handshake and congratulate them for trying, pay for and eat whatever food they did give you. I mean, you wouldn't want to actually complain to them about fixing any issues.

...I see what you tried to do here but...nah.
    Forums are open to any forum of discussion regarding the game. If someone wants to direct a rant, idea, criticism or suggestion...they are well within there right to do it. Just like you are well within your right to make a topic complaining about complaining.

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Where to begin, these forums are for discussions about ideas for changes. Not to critique the devs on how bad of a job they did. What you should do when you don't like the current system, perk, add on, etc is explain what you would do different and not complain about the current problems. Similarly, when you go down to you favorite restaurant and you explain your order several times, but they still get it wrong. Give them a nice handshake and congratulate them for trying, pay for and eat whatever food they did give you. I mean, you wouldn't want to actually complain to them about fixing any issues. Similarly don't complain about other people's ideas either. Just state what your idea would be. Don't say their idea sucks or is dumb. They tried to give an honest opinion of what they think would make the game better. Let's all strive to be nice in these forums and not to lay blame or criticize other people for mistakes we all make. Hope you all continue to have fun in the fog. 
    Hell naw if they get my order wrong then either I’m not paying for ######### or someone’s getting a ass whooping
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Khroalthemadbomber said:
    -chuckles- not to down play you, but if you think game forums will only ever hold nice, constructive criticism then you obviously weren't around for Vanilla WoW forums...

Those were the days, I can still remember quite a few of the ahem more lively discussions from then.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

@powerbats said:

Those were the days, I can still remember quite a few of the ahem more lively discussions from then.

I mean you really need look no further than this game's Steam forums or even discussions you and I have had kek

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515
    Options

The difference between a restaurant and a constantly changing game is the changing part. Games like this have major updates frequently to keep bringing its players back. Restaurants and businesses as such typically only make major changes if something big happens or some new company policy is implemented. As a result, evolving games thrive off feedback and need lots of it in order to know if what the devs are doing is right (i.e. the Self Care and Legion changes). Restaurants will receive your feedback and likely discard it or use it in a fashion that doesn't change the overall state of the business.

Either way, feedback is important in any form, frustration included. If you don't like posts that complain and rant/vent, stop reading them once the post appears to be a rant.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    I think at the heart of most complaints there is genuine concern from the person. The devs deserve a ton of credit for making this game what it is today. There are always gonna be little kinks which cause frustration but all in all this game wouldn't be as successful and enjoyable if it wasn't for the hard work and dedication of the devs behind it. (Not being sarcastic)

Dbd has come a long way and it will thrive if things continue, and little fixes and additions are implemented bit by bit in the future.
  • Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    Options

Riggggghhhhttt ---- like somehow this was gonna work. :p Thanks for trying tho, but this IS part (not all) of the community. No game is void of whining and complaining, some are just louder than others. No forum is without demanding, tactless posts, some people were not raised to be polite. The best you can do is set and example, because people luuuuuuuuvvvvvv being told what they can and cannot do. Strive to keep things civil, stay on subject and offer advice. If that doesnt work, maybe you can make a few people laugh. Its hard yo be sad/angry when someone is making you laugh. Anyway... I wish you luck.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

In the end we all want DbD to become a better game and to achieve this, feedback is required from all sorts of players.

Some people just have trouble staying nice and calm. It's only human, emtiONS AND STUFF SO DON'T JUDGE ME OK?!?! >:(

jk, xoxo :-*

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

In all seriousness though lively discussions means the community is actively engaged and involved and you want that in your community. If the forums turned into Hello Kitty level of discussions the devs would be seriously concerned.

While some of us bash each other left and right on here most of us don't take it seriously when having our discussions. We all care about the game and all want to see it improved and we just don't always agree on how to do that.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

You Alliance SCUM!

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Where's your mod badge?