My Trapper buff shortlist

Options
UndeddJester
UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,489
edited June 10 in Feedback and Suggestions
  • Trapper's basekit trap carry limit increased by 1.
  • When opening a locker with an available trap slot, Trapper will grab a trap out of locker. The furthest trap from Trapper will despawn the furthest unset trap/furthest set trap from Trapper. This ability then goes on cooldown for 30s.
  • While setting a trap, Trapper can spend an additional 1 second setting the trap to rig the trap.
  • Setting a trap within 8m of another trap cannot be Rigged and will disable the Rigged effect of any already Rigged trap in range.
  • Rigged traps will injure a survivor when the trap is disabled.

Trapper is still 1 of my favourite DBD characters; his trap movement speed and trap spawn buffs were both great changes, and his add-ons are great to support a lot of interesting builds and different playstyles...

Could we do more? Yes, buffing him further is possible... Sadly his power is a fundamental mismatch to the fast paced nature of modern DBD, and he'll always be lagging behind... which tends to mean when playing him Survivors get brazen enough to try to bully you. It is what it is, and I still enjoy him, but I'd love to see him buffed...

HOWEVER... we have to be realistic and recognise that in order to make him strong we'd have to make him incredibly obnoxious to face. My changes above doesn't make Trapper obnoxious, gives him some tools to aid his setup, and defend his traps much better.

Trappers sack basekit I still maintain makes basement Trapper plain dumb, and basement Trapper is already insanely strong (and the one place Trapper is the GOAT). No doubt, people will ask for Trapper's Sack, and I always push hard against it.... Mostly cause what exactly are survivors supposed to do here?:

This is undeniably strong... but nuclear trapping basement is not what makes Trapper fun and rewarding to play. I will always push roaming Trapper buffs over basement Trapper buffs.

Post edited by UndeddJester on

Comments

• Laendra
    Laendra Member Posts: 82
    Options

Trapper is still my go-to when I have kill-challenges to complete. He is mostly easy mode, unless you come up against a decent SWF.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 546
    Options

I would love to see Tar Bottle getting reworked into an add-on that changes the colour of traps based on the floor under them.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,637
    Options

Sounds good, I would add a bit of camouflage and maybe give him the ability to remove a trap from distance, basically by looking at it and pressing a key and holding it for like a second so you don't do it on accident. So you have some control over which trap despawns, other than that it is already a good idea.

• Laendra
    Laendra Member Posts: 82
    Options

I would like to see a hard skill check required to successfully disarm a trap without injuring yourself. Then change the add-on Bloody Coil to change the location and/or direction of the skill check in a random manner to make it even harder to not be injured (or remove the skill-check altogether). Right now it is too quick and easy for a survivor to disarm a trap, and many matches sounds like the cacophony of the cicadas with the number of traps being disarmed in rapid succession.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,637
    Options

Would basically not mean a threat to more experienced players, but would totally stomp newer players, therefore not a good idea.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 931
    Options

It's sad that almost every map in the game right now barely has thick grass anymore. It's like they forgot he still exists. I think we need to add a lot more thick grass to all maps. Both because of the balance for certain Killers but also because it sometimes feel like you play on the moon. The maps feels so unrealistic, like why are there barely any grass? There are spots where there are tiny spots of grass and then nothing and a couple meters a little grass spot. Makes no sense.