Do you notice different experiences based on what time you play?

CrackedShevaMain
CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 408
edited June 15 in General Discussions

I’m just curious if anyone else is experiencing this. I’ve stoped playing at certain times a day because I’m noticing a pattern in the kind of behavior I encounter in matches. I’m on east coast time and I notice that when I play from 11:30pm-6am times, I get nothing but super sweaty killers or super toxic BM killers. The ones that go out of their way to hook you and stand there hitting you over and over on hook at 5 gens, or the ones who slug you and just stand over you until you bleed out. (No im not flashy clicking, sabo build running, or teabagging or anything. I legit just go into the game to play the match and this comes out of nowhere)

Then I notice that when I play early morning like from 7am-11:30am time frame I get nothing but sandbagging teammates. I played today and out of 5 matches I legit had 4 matches where at least one teammate brought bond into the match and used it specifically to sandbag teammates on gens while in chase. Instead of taking the killer away they ran right to us on gens to try and put the killer on us.

Obviously this isn’t a scientific analysis by any means. Just my own anecdotal experience. Anyone else see stuff like this?

Post edited by CrackedShevaMain on

Comments

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 646

Nothing is consistent in DbD, it is hard to precisely determine any 'scientific analysis' about that even I understand that feeling...
    It depends so many factors…

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,569

Late night games tend to be much harder, I'll say that. Especially on working days. Never played in the morning, though.

Overall, weekend afternoons are the chillest, in my experience. Makes sense, since that's when the most people will be playing.

• Pit_Bull_Love
    Pit_Bull_Love Member Posts: 43

I don't play during the day. We put the kids to bed and then play starting at 9 or 10 pm. No joke, 4ks every single match. Tunneling, slugging, humping killers, who then instantly talk ######### in the end game chat. It's kinda funny at first until it's just sad.

I have been playing since 2016, and it has never been this bad. It turned to this a week ago. At first everyone was saying it's because of the sabo...what Sabo? No one is Saboing, and in the event it's not even possible anyway, yet killers are playing the same way. The game is going down hill fast. I plan on playing civilization soon. :(

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 408

I haven’t seen any of these full sabo squads either with the toolbox changes but unfortunately that doesn’t matter. Anytime a change gets made (usually on the survivor side that’s a buff) killers get upset and say “Well now we’re gonna face this this and this so now I’m gonna have to play like this!” The problem is, they don’t actually end up facing it a lot of the time. They’re just so hyped up with the “idea” or belief that they’re gonna face that style of gameplay that they go into the match expecting and reacting to it, even when it hasn’t happened. I’ve noticed this the last few patches where the survivors have gotten some sort of buff but it also happens when killers get nerfs too.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

Yes, both sides. Survivor AND Killer are way rougher past about 8 PM. Killer is much easier during the day and Survivor in a SWF is easier at night, but not SoloQ. SoloQ is MUCH harder during the day too, but I don't see nearly as much Killer toxicity during the day.

I can't play some Killers and do well at all past 8 PM. And playing Survivor, the best SoloQ time is afternoons between noon and 8 PM. I notice the shift start at that time, and it also usually loosely correlates with whoever has the bonus. If one side has it, those games tend to be sweatier in my experience than if the other side has it.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

3 am dbd are probably the most sweaty games I play

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,103

I feel like it's just random any time of day. Have probably had more super toxic killers during the afternoon though recently. Tunnels, facecamps and smacks on hook.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 844
    edited June 15

I'm trying to figure out the most enjoyable times to play for myself but it's proving to be a difficult task. I do however know when it's almost always a bad idea to queue up for a match and that's any time past 10 PM. You'll either get the most ruthless Killers and bully squads imaginable, or a lobby of completely new players yet to learn they should never play late at night.

Weekends are typically not a fun time to play either. You'd think more people might be playing at weekends, which should mean better match-making, but for me the opposite is often the case. I experience a lot of one sided games on weekends, so it's clearly not working as it should. I think maybe a lot of players stay away from the game because they know the game turns into a miserable sweat fest (although Sundays can occasionally be kinda chill).

Sad to say it, but I've found the best times to play are during the lulls between new content or an event.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238
    edited June 15

Yes. Playing late at night you get nothing but killers who play every match like their life is on the line. The sweat is on a different level compared to playing during normal hours. I think the lack of players is a major factor. The matchmaking is already bad but it's basically turned off late at night. You can lose over and over again and still get matched with a 7000 hour player who describes themselves as a comp player in their Steam bio.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

I’m in the Midwest and I’ve learned a long time ago that after 7:30PM all the sweats come out and I go watch a show instead.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,985

I've noticed when I play at dawn when killers have the 100% extra BP it's when I get some really strange games, mostly "baby" killers

Maybe MMR is deactivated during those times

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,436

I play usually from 10am to midday (I play alot more during events lol) and my games are mostly fine

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175

Morning-mid afternoon is the best for me.

Nighttime is like..IDK, a nightmare. Lol, just kidding. But its bad. I die far more & I'm lucky if I get 1-2 escapes. Usually its cause my teammates either snowball, give up, go down in 10 seconds, don't do gens.

That happens during the day too, don't get me wrong. But overall I have a better experience playing midday as I don't get the bad matches as often.

• kosaba11
    kosaba11 Member Posts: 119

Nah, I mainly just notice I have less fun as survivor than I do as killer. Too many killers are playing like absolute cowards - they slug, tunnel, or camp, and while they play a BS killer. For example, I just got tunneled out of a game while the killer was Dredge - literally watched him stop chasing who he was chasing to chase after me, and I wasn't even close to them. Then he slugged the last two survivors. It's not fun.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

Late at night is when the most sweat drenched survivors come out. 24/7 loop gods, everyone having dead hard, teabaggers, bully squad SWFs, etc. The whole gamut of them has me wondering whether the BP bonus and quick queues for playing killer is worth the mental damage.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,851

From my experience, morning games tend to be a lot more casual than evening games. The sweatiness of players seemingly increases over the day, or maybe I'm just crazy.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited June 16

I wish ppl in here would also mention in which region they're playing. Because it's not just the time when you play, the region is a factor on top. What happens at peak times, usually ~ 6PM-12PM, weekends and holidays, the playerpool becomes much larger so the game prioritieses queue times over MMR and you get a wider range of "skill" = less skilled players on both sides.

So for example, playing in EU in the morning/noon/afternoon is a f sweatfest, not just in DBD.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,436
    edited June 16

I'd have thought it would be the opposite - the larger the playerbase, the more accurate they can be with MMR. When there are less people playing then it may be less accurate as they may not have as many people in the same MMR bracket to create lobbies, hence they prioritise queue times over MMR.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,670

Yep. I'm in PST. So if I have a day off and feel like playing an early morning game, I usually get VPNers from Asia playing a late night game or non-VPNers who have much lower MMR than I.