Survivors are so bad now??? What happened

RedPoncho12
RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 157

I’ve had the worst teammates the last week and have played against even worse survivors as killer. People actually used to be good or even decent at this game but Jesus dude… it’s almost unplayable with some of you guys

Comments

• Mortecaii
    Mortecaii Member Posts: 64

I''ve been saying the same thing, It's gotten so bad, I switched to playing killer most of my games, and absolutely DESTROYING everyone smh

• Mortecaii
    Mortecaii Member Posts: 64

This is literally me. Sure I got almost 4k hours in the game, but I only see a select few killers every game. Hag? I probably went against her in maybe 20 games out of like 2500 vs my 2000 Wesker games

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

There is literally a higher player count that normally since its the anniversary. So you gonna likely get some ppl that havent touched dbd in awhile and are playing for the event.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

It's not like good players are incentivized as no one wants to be facing good opponents and it leads to nerfs anyway.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

honestly if your new to the game you could potentially go hundreds of hours only facing certain killers like once or twice and that doesn’t exactly make it easy to learn counterplay

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Did you know in old times killers were in much worse spot, yet somehow freddy had like 70% kill rates or more

Games be like that

• MrT1412
    MrT1412 Member Posts: 108

The bad survivors come out for the anniversary.

• MrT1412

With the amount of quitters in this game, 60% overall is pretty even.

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

It certainly seems that way! Been getting absolutely liabilities as teammates lately.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

The current survivor base rather quit playing when things don't go their way than try to learn from their mistakes.

Yes now. Survivors had more skill and willingness to play through bad situations prior to dbd going cross platform.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,438
  • MrT1412
  • VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

I 100% believe this is the reason and honestly? It saddens me a lot that skill doesn't seem to matter when you can just slop on perks to do it for you. I'm not even an older player, I am really new at 1000~ hours, but I want to actually see my skill carry me. Not my perks. I hate that people just put on perks to deny a bunch of my skill, and then get to act like they're super good now.

But all they did is boost themselves by throwing on perks.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,284

Personally, I play survivor to tick off the surv specific challenges asap and that's that. Based on how the vast majority of matches goes I think most SoloQ people I get matched with are the same. No one gives a damn if it's 4k5 if you got to do what you needed to (well, and if you got a challenge that requires you to finish a gen or two then you can get those in as well if you want to).

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 308

Maybe because they include 4man bleedouts people don't want to sit through and people ragequitting at the end of being tunneled out at 3-5gens which likely results in a 3k or 4k among other things ending a soloQ game immediately which causes people to DC.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

I agree maybe Billy is a bit overtuned now and could use some slight tweaks to make him more skillful to play as.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

What's happened is they never improved, and just got killers nerfed for years on end, and it's still not enough so that they can escape. So killer got significantly weaker over time, and their players (whoever didn't leave the game) improved that much more to compensate, and the survivors just stayed stagnant and can't loop or do gens.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Sadly this is the norm. Its rare to get good team mates in solo.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,438
  • MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 253
    edited June 23

Survivors don't even wanna try anymore you'll look at the activity hud on the left and not a single person is doing anything no totems no gens absolutely nothing as if they're just admiring scenery. Going down in 2 seconds after dropping every pallet on the map because of WoO and then just self sacrificing on hook. Every killer is boring every map is boring every perk is boring every addon is boring sometimes I wonder why these people even bother playing the game if they despise everything in it to the point where they'll waste hours going from one game to the next self sacrificing on hook until finally they get a match where they can teabag at EGC to get a dopamine hit.

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 294

They are not necessarily bad but there's a tremendous disparity in skill floors between killer and survivor that is very unhealthy for a PvP game. It takes little effort to win as killer while survivor you can have hundreds of hours and still not enough because killer can negate survivor skill either through power, perks, or strategy. There's hardly any skill expression to survivor and what little there is extremely hard to acquire for minimal rewards.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,234
    edited June 23

This x10000000. It's why I stopped playing the game entirely. My reward for succeeding is to get ignored by the killer until everyone else has been farmed out. The killer has no obligation to engage with a good survivor unless everyone in the lobby is good, and that almost never happens in solo queue. They absolutely refuse to tune matchmaking for more competitive solo players. One or two teammates will always go down instantly and get tunneled out if the killer wants to. And it doesn't matter how long you sustain a relatively high escape rate. Matchmaking will not improve. It's not satisfying to have your outcomes more or less determined by matchmaking instead of performance. At least 30% of solo survivor games are 10 minute cutscenes. I'm over it.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Maybe you exaggerate here bit? I admit many games I win multiple gens remaining on killer quite easily but I then let last 2 survivors fix remaining gens and escape usually. Still some games are hard when you face good survivors.