Auric cells - Cosmetics

Options
Gorgonia
Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

1) why does Steam charge me so much less for auric cells packs while PS4 abuses my credit card and my poor cosmetics hungry heart?

2) first time I bought auric cells from within the game and woosh... all my cosmetics gone. I almost had a heart attack. I restarted the game and the cosmetics were there again, but still... it’s not April fool’s day yet

Comments

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Auric cell packs may vary upon console. Ps4 has had many issues with this for years; in fact, here’s an article on it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2017/01/26/playstation-is-still-getting-away-with-minimum-funding-charges/.
    I’m unsure whether or not it is reliable, however. I’m not having issues anywhere else, such as Xbox and PC, but this may be one of these most dull answers I’ve had to write in a while.
  • Gorgonia
    Options

They> @Watery said:

Auric cell packs may vary upon console. Ps4 has had many issues with this for years; in fact, here’s an article on it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2017/01/26/playstation-is-still-getting-away-with-minimum-funding-charges/.
    I’m unsure whether or not it is reliable, however. I’m not having issues anywhere else, such as Xbox and PC, but this may be one of these most dull answers I’ve had to write in a while.

They don’t charge that anymore, but the auric cells at the store are much more expensive in comparison to Steam’s.

• Watery
    Options
    Can you give me a direct example? Like screenshots? I’m intrigued.
  • Gorgonia
    Options

@Watery said:
    Can you give me a direct example? Like screenshots? I’m intrigued.

The PSN Store in Argentina charges you the following prices for Auric Cells packs:
    5.99 dollars for 500, that's a total of 228 Argentine pesos
    11.99 for 1100, that's a total of 456 Argentine pesos

The Steam store, though, charges you
    68 Argentine pesos for 500, that's around 1.8 dollars
    136 Argentine pesos for 1100, that's around 3.60 dollars and so on

• Watery
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Does it actually charge that amount? Or does it charge 187 pesos (like, five dollars USD)? Like when you actually partake in the transaction. The listing may be wrong, but the charges may not.
  • Gorgonia
    Options

@Watery said:
    Does it actually charge that amount? Or does it charge 187 pesos (like, five dollars USD)? Like when you actually partake in the transaction. The listing may be wrong, but the charges may not.

You mean Steam? It charges that exact amount that you see in the screenshot

• Watery
    Options
    Gorgonia said:

@Watery said:

You mean Steam? It charges that exact amount that you see in the screenshot

No, PSN. The 5.99 one, I mean. I’m wondering whether or not it was a mislabel or not, that’s all.
  • Gorgonia
    Options

@Watery said:
    No, PSN. The 5.99 one, I mean. I’m wondering whether or not it was a mislabel or not, that’s all.

No, it does charge what is showing there as well

• Watery
    Options
    The conversion rate may be... off, or rounded. Here’s the conversion rate chart, courtesy of not_queen, is what is found on the auric cell post by, not_queen. Here’s the source:https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/3421/auric-cells-packs-conversion-rates-adjustments

• Gorgonia
    Options

Hey @not_Queen, can you look into this? PSN prices are around 3 times the prices on PC. Should it be that way? Was PSN scamming me all this time? What is the conversion used for Argentine store?

• Gorgonia
    Options

@Watery said:
    The conversion rate may be... off, or rounded. Here’s the conversion rate chart, courtesy of not_queen, is what is found on the auric cell post by, not_queen. Here’s the source:https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/3421/auric-cells-packs-conversion-rates-adjustments

Tagged her to see what she can add to this. I spent quite a lot of money on PS4 and now that I want to buy some stuff on PC I notice that the prices are ridiculously lower.

• Watery
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I believe this is the best course of action, as I looked through customer support and auric cell posts alike, and I couldn’t find anything of value. However, there’s one more thing I’d like to add.
    EDIT: Once I finish sifting through a few more posts, I’ll try to see what I can find.