Alien is such an annoying killer

Options
RedPoncho12
RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 157

He’s not as bad as doctor but he’s truly annoying. They both are over complicated and boring. Tunnels, silent mode, the whip of his tail, and having to use the flame throwers to slight counter him is just lame. You may disagree but outside of being cool and iconic, I really hate this killers existence in this game.

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,276
    Options

Not sure what you mean by "overcomplicated" but I understand that some people wish he had a different power, personally I'm cool with his anti-loop as it provides for good counterplay during chases, especially when turrets are setup around the map.

• RedPoncho12
    Options

by over complicated I mean that killers shouldn’t need so many different tools to use. Make one strong and leave it to that. I don’t like when killers need multiple things to be decent. I didn’t that he wasn’t easy to go against. I’m saying he is annoying.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,728
    edited June 21
    Options

It's a killer where survivors have complete control over the killer having its primary power or not. It's not a hard killer to go against. Not to mention, the turrets give its position away EVEN if undetectable. The one thing it has going for it is anti-loop. Pre-drop pallets and you're good to go.

• Heliosse
    Heliosse Member Posts: 82
    Options

To each their own i guess. By far my favorite killer in the game alongside pyramid head.

Lucky you, it's pretty rare to face one, not a lot of people care about it and the others simply hate it and wish it could be removed from the game (ironic since it was one of the 3 most demanded IP since the creation of the game).

Im trully convinced an IP has no meaning in this game. Vecna is way more popular that IPs like Silent Hill or Alien because their gameplay is "lacking". Either people expectation were way too high or it is simply a matter of fun/not fun. Maybe both. To be clear, i have nothing against Vecna, but a killer so unexpected is way more loved than Alien...

Anyway, Alien, one of the biggest horror IP ever, a true icon like never seen before, is one of the least popular and most hated killer in the game. I guess it was to be expected, but still, kinda sad.

As for my take on the matter:

• Tunnels are nothing like Demogorgon, you can find them boring but they are in fact, unique. Whole submap, footsteps detection and you are trully under them since you can hear their grunts. Vents and Alien are almost always a thing, this power is unique AND in character.
    • People wanted a crawling killer.
    • Tail strike is in fact, the least interesting thing about it, but people wanted a dash attack anyway, we have more dash attacks than short ranged one since it's the... second one after Nemesis.
    • Turrets are also unique, motion tracker may be annoying since it "kills" stealth but it is also in character, there is a motion tracker in almost any Alien material, i fail to see the problem. Same for the flamethrower…

This killer follow the pattern of Alien: Isolation

• Roams in vents, appears, very dangerous in the 1v1/up close/when it finds you. Can be afraid by fire and detected by motion tracker.
    • Yes there is no Ovomorph, acid blood or wall crawling. The first would be, since all of you love comparison to existing killers, a glorified pig. I don't think it could work, but it's the least insane one. Acid blood would have been a minor power, i don't think pallet melting or being injured by stunning the Xeno would have been fun at all... Wall crawling is just... no, they wanted to do it but could not, they have sayed it. This one is an expectation problem.

Not saying the killer is perfect, but it's design is really great for what dbd can offer.

• Add ons are mostly boring, i wanted something to play with the motion tracker part, to make it bug out and not work properly to be amp up the stealth, a "mirror" add on just like myers and some other. Cat carrier and Self destruct bolt are great, they are fun and changes your plans. Emergency helmet and star map should not exist, they make the counter to Xeno inconsistent, i think turrets should never change to properly counter the Alien, if they are to strong basekit (i think they are great), they we could nerf them.
    • I would like a way to mess with the motion tracker basekit, not the flames, never the flames. But a way to be trully stealthy at time without removing the motion trackers.
    • I would love more control stations, at time, tunnels are difficult to access and are located in difficult places. More way to access/exit them would make the Alien way more fun.
    • Tail strike is designed to be very strong, if it was trully like Nemesis, we would not need flame turrets, this back and forth is the design, very powerfull and dangerous killer, but it can be repelled by fire.

It is a very lethal killer where you have to setup. You can, in fact, loop it without turrets but it is difficult and RNG based. I understand this design is maybe not what you all wanted or you realise only now that it's maybe not the best thing ever. But it is unique, in fact, no other killers in the game require you to setup and plan this much ahead. And by hearing all of you and seeing my games. People still don't know how to play around this killer.

Rant's over, lovely day to all.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,183
    Options

Killers who weak in chase but have build-in slowdown are great design for me. Alien is one of them with Pig, Pinhead, Unknown.

• RedPoncho12
    Options

again, I keep seeing people who are mistaken me for saying he’s hard to play against… when what I actually said is he’s just annoying to me.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Unknown can be really good at chase, same as pinhead, as well as alien. The only one you mentioned who is a joke at chase is pig, the other are actually quite good with the weakest chase being pinhead and he still can acchieve very short chase times.