Knight Patrol

Options

I think the patrols should count as if the killer is camping hook

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,992
    edited June 22
    Options

That only applies if the Guard is actively hunting you.

Unhooking creates a Loud Noise Notification, which Guards will instantly start hunting, and 9 times out of 10 it results in the Survivor who was being unhooked being hit by a Guard while they are still in the animation of getting off the hook. It removes Endurance, puts them in Deep Wounds, and makes them an easy target to tunnel.

This is especially easy to do on Indoor maps and basement.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Options

How are the Survivors playing poorly in this situation? Enlighten me.

Since the act of starting an unhook to prevent a Hunt does not work in the example I provided, since this interaction happens AFTER the unhook has occurred, since it entirely relies on the Loud Noise Notification to force this interaction.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,119
    Options

trigger the guard chase →unhook→guard disappears. Knight can still proxy camp like any m1 killer… to get hook trades but that is not unique to him. that is every killer. the power isn't doing anything to change that. it is good detection tool to find unhookers.

• Iron_Cutlass
    edited June 22
    Options

Just trigger the Guard before you unhook.

Okay, if I run into basement for an unhook, and the Killer places the Guard at the top of the stairs while I am in basement, I have three options:

~ I run out of basement, into the direction of the Killer, just to trigger the Guard, get hit, run back into basement and get hit again while unhooking, forcing a trade. The Knight gains a hook state from that interaction with minimal input.

(Keep in mind, depending on the Guards position, this might not even result in an unhook occurring, this could just result in a net-gain of hook states.)

~ I run out of basement, into the direction of the Killer, just to trigger the Guard, get hit, and run away. The Knight gains a health state advantage from that interaction with minimal input.

~ I unhook the Survivor, Loud Noise Notification forced a Hunt, Survivor is unhooked gets hit by the Guard instantly and loses Endurance, the Knight tunnels the unhooked Survivor. The Knight gains a massive hook state advantage from that interaction with minimal input.

Keep in mind this interaction is not exclusive to the basement and can be done on many different maps, I am just using basement as an example here since it is universal across all maps.

Also this Guard hitting the Survivor 9/10 times sounds like BS.

Guards move to the Survivor's detected location in 2.5 seconds, and will spawn directly on the spot they were alerted to (rather it be where they made Line of Sight or a Loud Noise Notification). This effect goes through walls.

Once the unhook interaction is complete, a Loud Noise Notification is create, and both Survivors are locked into the unhooking animation as long as neither of them are interrupted. This animation just so happens to take 2.5 seconds for the unhooked Survivor, and will result on the Guard traveling through the environment and starting a Hunt on top of the unhooked Survivor since the Loud Noise Notification is sourced from their location; the unhooked Survivor, in this case, will always be hit.

You can test this in a public match, or private match, this is always the result from this interaction. Before you call BS on things, you could have done research or tested it yourself.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,119
    edited June 23
    Options

basement aren't suppose to be free escapes. Here's a strategy. Bring two survivors at the hook. You go into basement. Other guy triggers guard chase. hold Shift-w. You save the person and walk out.

Here's a solo strategy. 99% your sprint burst, walk to the basement, trigger the guard, go back to the basement, unhook, use sprint burst to get out.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 912
    edited June 22
    Options

Okay, if I run into basement for an unhook, and the Killer places the Guard at the top of the stairs while I am in basement, I have three options:

Adding anti-camp meter for Guards would do nothing in this situation since the meter does not build up when a survivor is near the hook.

If Knight is camping away from the hook without a Guard at the basement, anti-camp wouldn't build up.

If Knight leaves his Guard at the basement, you would always proc the Guard when running into the basement.

You've failed to provide an example where anti-camp meter would help.

I didn't test your example but it seems like it would mainly only work in the basement, and in most open hook areas, you would be able to proc the Guard before unhooking.

• yukiday
    yukiday Member Posts: 5
    Options

unnecessary.