Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Attacks on injured survivors with NOED/DH shouldn't give an exposed notification.

Cetren
Cetren Member Posts: 985
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
Change my mind.

Edit: Also change lullaby so it doesn't give survivors notifications either. Until it effects them of course.
Post edited by Cetren on

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Those perks should just be removed from the game then, change my mind.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

All I see when DH is typed it dead hard lol. Hex: Dead Hard sounds kinda funny.
    Why shouldn't there be a notification? An injured survivor is still a hit and it notifies you of a hit that could 1 down you.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    Survivors get too much of such information. But will probably  ot be removed.
  • Cetren
    Git gut and stop using noed
    Just an FYI Radient, I was using devour hope. I included NOED because it functions similarly and the change would be a mechanical one not a perk specific one.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@powerbats said:
    Those perks should just be removed from the game then, change my mind.

I won't let you!

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    edited January 2019
    Don't use crutch perks like NOED.
    Once you have DH 3 stacks it's already over for the survivors, so it doesn't matter.
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Erm that would make them op seeing as there hexs and hex perks always notify players 
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Once you have DH 3 stacks it's already over for the survivors, so it doesn't matter.

But it's absolutely fine that at least 50% of survivors are running Adrenaline, the survivor equivalent, right?

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

@Cetren said:
    Change my mind.

Agree.
    Also add to that list no notification of Hex Lullaby before someone is even hooked!

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    I don't think it should count only when it's the legion in frenzy , he can't down you with one frenzy hit but it notifies you of noed and  can be cleansed sometimes before he gets to use it if they get an early notification on something that really hasn't presented itself 
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    Says the guy that brags about using DS, unbreakable and all other kind of "2nd chance" perks.
    Oh you right i should use dejavu,alert,left behind and slippery meat instead of DH and adrenaline
    That's the absolute perfect response I'd expect from radiant. To be fair I'm not surprised, I expected a little hypocrisy.
    Man opens trash can and is surprised to find trash. 
  • Faceless
    Faceless Member Posts: 121

noed is a noob friendly perk.

• DwightsLifeMatters

But it's absolutely fine that at least 50% of survivors are running Adrenaline, the survivor equivalent, right?

Nice strawman. Wanna talk about the weather while you are already on it to go offtopic? 
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

The_Manlet said:

Nice strawman. Wanna talk about the weather while you are already on it to go offtopic? 

What strawman? NOED is a counter to adrenaline, one of the most popular perks. If you don't bring NOED they will probably get away thanks to Adrenaline. The two perks are inherently linked. Telling killers to not use NOED is basically just telling them to accept that if the survivors power the gates then they are entitled to a victory then and there even though the match isn't over yet.

• Hex_Flex
    Hex_Flex Member Posts: 132

Highly agree that lullaby should not be a notification for simply working on a gen until it is actually in affect. Keep em guessing, is it Haunted Grounds? Maybeee (;

• DwightsLifeMatters

The_Manlet said:

What strawman? NOED is a counter to adrenaline, one of the most popular perks. If you don't bring NOED they will probably get away thanks to Adrenaline. The two perks are inherently linked. Telling killers to not use NOED is basically just telling them to accept that if the survivors power the gates then they are entitled to a victory then and there even though the match isn't over yet.

Sigh, this community man..
    "A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent." (source: Wikipedia)
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Okay, its a waste of time to do so, just because survivors already know that noed and dh are in play when suddenly somebody goes down in one hit and no chainsaw is to be heard

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Cetren said:
    Change my mind.

Edit: Also change lullaby so it doesn't give survivors notifications either. Until it effects them of course.

There shouldnt be a exposed noficiation at all.

Change my mind

• Cetren

Okay, its a waste of time to do so, just because survivors already know that noed and dh are in play when suddenly somebody goes down in one hit and no chainsaw is to be heard

That's. Why. I. Specified. For. Injured. Survivors.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2019

IIRC, Lullaby used to not give Survivors notifications until they were affected by it. I think a patch bugged it and it hasn't been fixed yet. But yeah, I agree on not notifying Survivors of NOED and DH if an injured Survivor is hit instead of a healthy one.

@EntityDispleased said:
    @Myerinodudd said:

EntityDispleased said:

Myerinodudd said:

Says the guy that brags about using DS, unbreakable and all other kind of "2nd chance" perks.

Oh you right i should use dejavu,alert,left behind and slippery meat instead of DH and adrenaline

That's the absolute perfect response I'd expect from radiant. To be fair I'm not surprised, I expected a little hypocrisy.

He's also the person who said Scratched Mirror Myers was OP based on one video of marth88 playing him on Lery's (the only good map for that build).

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Maybe don't tunnel the injured guy when you have 3 stacks of Devour or NOED. Go after someone that's full health then you get some benefit from it.

As a No Mither player it's my job to sponge your one shots. If you chase me when you have NOED then that's your mistake.

• Cetren

Maybe don't tunnel the injured guy when you have 3 stacks of Devour or NOED. Go after someone that's full health then you get some benefit from it.

As a No Mither player it's my job to sponge your one shots. If you chase me when you have NOED then that's your mistake.

I was playing as legion and one of them played it smart and stayed injured, he was who I happened to find. Try again.
  • thesuicidefox

@Cetren said:
    thesuicidefox said:

I was playing as legion and one of them played it smart and stayed injured, he was who I happened to find. Try again.

Then you got outplayed. Try again.

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
    That doesn’t soud too bad. Bet I could survive EZ PZ with those perks.
  • Ajritoka
    edited January 2019

So you’re saying you should stop chasing someone because you have an insta-down M1, and try to find a healthy Survivor instead. Are you kidding.

This should just be a QoL update. In reality, you wouldn’t know the Killer has H:NoED or H:DH if he hits an injured Survivor. It’d look like a normal down. The same goes for H:HL, the skill checks before the first stack are normal skill checks. You shouldn’t know there is a Hex Totem.
  • thesuicidefox

@KillerRaccoon said:
    thesuicidefox said:

So you’re saying you should stop chasing someone because you have an insta-down M1, and try to find a healthy Survivor instead. Are you kidding.

Yes if you don't want it to proc on the injured guy then chase someone else. Otherwise accept that you will give away that you have a one shot on someone that's already one shot. Like I said, NM guy is there to sponge your one shots. If you waste your first hit on me that's YOUR mistake.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    I think it lohical that sirvs shouldnt get a warning that didnt happen, no double damage, no exposed warning
  • Ajritoka

@KillerRaccoon said:
    thesuicidefox said:

Yes if you don't want it to proc on the injured guy then chase someone else. Otherwise accept that you will give away that you have a one shot on someone that's already one shot. Like I said, NM guy is there to sponge your one shots. If you waste your first hit on me that's YOUR mistake.

You act like the Killer has a limited amount of M1 attacks. You can’t “waste” a hit. Any down is a benefit to the Killer.
  • thesuicidefox

@KillerRaccoon said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@KillerRaccoon said:

thesuicidefox said:

You act like the Killer has a limited amount of M1 attacks. You can’t “waste” a hit. Any down is a benefit to the Killer.

Oh no? You're Myers, tier 3. Chasing someone at full health. You swing, but then me, the NM guy, jumps out and sponges the hit. The healthy guy gets away. You are forced to take my hook because I'm NM guy. You hook me, your tier 3 expires. You effectively wasted your one shot.

You have NOED. You are chasing me, NM guy, at the end of the trial. Last gen pops then you hit me. Now everyone knows you have NOED and you wasted the surprise on the guy that was already 1 hit. You would have been better off with probably any other perk.

You have MYC. But me, the NM guy, rushes hooks and eats your MYC. You never get a one shot on anyone because the guy that's permanently one shot sponged it.

You have Haunted Grounds. Chasing me, NM guy. It procs mid-chase. You catch me and are forced to take my hook right away or lose it (because I get up and don't leave blood for you to find me if you slug). By the time you find the next guy, HG is gone. WASTED.

You can definitely waste a hit if it's supposed to be a one shot. Killers NEVER realize this about NM guy, but it can seriously screw you over if you have a one shot and never get to use it on anyone. NM guy is always one shot, so your NOED/MYC/HG/EW tier 3 is irrelevant.

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    edited January 2019
    Noed is that one perk that changes a games end. A killer could get like 0 hooks the entire game and lose all chases, but wait a minute! Hes got Noed! Now he gets the full 4 man cuz of that speed buff and one hits. Also dont say Noed is a counter to Adreniline, dont sugar coat noed as just a counter. I dont use none of these perks cuz they are scummy and Adreniline is one of those perks thats a end game use rather than the entire trial. Same as noed, but Noed effects everyone and lasts untill its destroyed.
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited January 2019
    They should remove all notifications once you get out the 20-16 zone imo, I'd like to have to be aware again instead of being told everything.
  • Hoodied

@Cetren said:
    ToxicFengM1n said:

That's. Why. I. Specified. For. Injured. Survivors.

I DON'T READ THE TITLE I READ THE DESCRIPTION

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    you should be told you're exposed the moment you're exposed change my mind
  • Hoodied

@artist said:
    you should be told you're exposed the moment you're exposed change my mind

noed nerf devour hope nerf, no don't like it

• artist

@KillerRaccoon said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@KillerRaccoon said:

thesuicidefox said:

Oh no? You're Myers, tier 3. Chasing someone at full health. You swing, but then me, the NM guy, jumps out and sponges the hit. The healthy guy gets away. You are forced to take my hook because I'm NM guy. You hook me, your tier 3 expires. You effectively wasted your one shot.

You have NOED. You are chasing me, NM guy, at the end of the trial. Last gen pops then you hit me. Now everyone knows you have NOED and you wasted the surprise on the guy that was already 1 hit. You would have been better off with probably any other perk.

You have MYC. But me, the NM guy, rushes hooks and eats your MYC. You never get a one shot on anyone because the guy that's permanently one shot sponged it.

You have Haunted Grounds. Chasing me, NM guy. It procs mid-chase. You catch me and are forced to take my hook right away or lose it (because I get up and don't leave blood for you to find me if you slug). By the time you find the next guy, HG is gone. WASTED.

You can definitely waste a hit if it's supposed to be a one shot. Killers NEVER realize this about NM guy, but it can seriously screw you over if you have a one shot and never get to use it on anyone. NM guy is always one shot, so your NOED/MYC/HG/EW tier 3 is irrelevant.

I think that's a REALLY small price to pay to have som1 that is a one shot the entire game
  • Cetren
    artist said:

@KillerRaccoon said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@KillerRaccoon said:

thesuicidefox said:

I think that's a REALLY small price to pay to have som1 that is a one shot the entire game
    In either case its NOT the entire game though. Its even shorter when the notification pops up prematurely for hitting an injured survivor.
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

the whole hex notification system should be removed.
    it is eigther very unnecessary or gives away information way too easy, screwing certain perks and tactics.

lets be honest here:
    if i get a red skillcheck, i can tell that i am effected by ruin, so the notification is completely worthless, BESIDES the fact that it actually gives away the level of ruin (lvl 1 ruin will have a green picture in the notification. 2 and 3 are purple)
    if i get oneshot by a normal attack, i can tell the killer has NOED / DH. yet again: very useless information. however, if i am injured or get hit by a oneshot ability (e.g. chainsaw or EW 3) i should not be getting this information, as it gives away the whole perk and makes survivors look out for it before i can get any real use out of it.
    i can also tell that im affected by lullaby, just by listening to the skillcheck sound, but i dont need to know that as soon as i get a skillcheck, even before the perk is charged. fun fact: you get no notification for lullaby while healing, not even with stacks.
    third seal and haunted grounds would also get a nice little surprise factor.
    and i can tell that im exposed, when i hear the EW 3 music! by that logic, billy and LF should have the exposed effect pop up any time they charged their chainsaw. again: very unnecessary information.

the whole notification system is just there to reward unaware survivors, by literally giving them all the information they need for free. they dont need to remember weather the guy who just got downed by the wraith was injured or not. they just get told that there is a totem to cleanse.

the only way where its actually usefull is for newbies. but even they will be able to tell that there is a hex upon them after very short time.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Cetren said:

In either case its NOT the entire game though. Its even shorter when the notification pops up prematurely for hitting an injured survivor.

That's the price of running a hex perk, you take the good with the bad and the risk with the rewards.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@XavierBoah17 said:
    Noed is that one perk that changes a games end. A killer could get like 0 hooks the entire game and lose all chases, but wait a minute! Hes got Noed! Now he gets the full 4 man cuz of that speed buff and one hits.

If all survs were still alive and well and NOED turned it into a 4k, then that's a well deserved 4k since the survs must have messed up pretty bad.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    I don't think hexes should give a notification at all personally. Except on certain maps they are relatively easy to find. If totem spots weren't atrocious I could see giving notifications. And even still you can just detectives hunch or small game. If the notifications were removed it would actually take skill to know whether the killer is using a hex. 
  • thesuicidefox
    edited January 2019

@artist said:

Not really. If every time you have a one shot available you use it on someone that's injured it's a waste. If I jump out and sponge your EW tier 3 when you were about to down another survivor, particularly the obsession, trust you will be singing a different tune.

• artist

@artist said:

Not really. If every time you have a one shot available you use it on someone that's injured it's a waste. If I jump out and sponge your EW tier 3 when you were about to down another survivor, particularly the obsession, trust you will be singing a different tune.

personally I wouldn't because it's a down regardless. I'd love if the injured guy kept throwing themself at me to "waste" my one shot. better that than him sitting on a gen instead
  • thesuicidefox

@artist said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@artist said:

personally I wouldn't because it's a down regardless. I'd love if the injured guy kept throwing themself at me to "waste" my one shot. better that than him sitting on a gen instead

You activated my trap card! No really a lot of killers think this way. It's not until the gates are powered and you have 0 hooks on everyone else, DS is still in play, and 90% of pallets are still up that you realize your mistake.

• artist
    Cetren said:
    artist said:

@KillerRaccoon said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@KillerRaccoon said:

thesuicidefox said:

the way he described it (the NM guy) would be the entire game I was just going off his examples
  • Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    I made a post regarding Lullaby a week ago. I agree, I don’t think Survivors should receive a notification for it the second they first touch a generator. It makes more sense for the notification to pop up once it actually starts affecting them.  
  • rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475
    Although I hate NOED I understand the frustration it brings when adrenaline pops up.