Injured survivor aura

cruelb
cruelb Member Posts: 110

OK, so this is irritating me. I have had this a multiple times now (particularly in event), and it is nothing to do with how I play.

The amount of survivors throwing other survivors under the bus for an escape and the killer is really poor (ex: I escaped 5 chases and had 0 hooks last game, until injured survivor took it to me).

I suggest instead of an injured survivor seeing the aura of the healthy survivor, make it the other way round or time limit it. Make empathy base kit perhaps within X distance.

Even better, do something with the reports… I mean I get nothing back from very few of them I file. I block the players to only find them in my lobby again at some point.

Stop punishing decent players for the shady, unskilled, killer-survivor deals.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,231
    edited June 23

In my experience, being able to see other survivors so that you can avoid them in chase is much more useful. If I can't see other survivors, then I'm fairly likely to bring a chase to someone on a gen, and likely screw us all over when that gen inevitably gets regressed.

Don't attribute to malice what is much more likely to be incompetence. Do the survivors stitching you use actually see your aura or do they just not see where you are?

Secondly, if you've got 0 hooks and finding it easy to escape chase, you probably should be trying to intercept for survivors who are on death hook so you can keep everyone alive longer.

While it doesn't justify sandbagging another survivor, if you're on death hook and you know there's a survivor who has avoided being hooked all game, there's bound to be a bit of salt there.

Most importantly, you should probably be looking to take a hit before you get to end game. If you can take a hit or even a hook before the gens are done, then you'll be more likely to escape. If you avoid going down all game until you get to end game, then you won't have that opportunity because the killer will likely camp and tunnel anyone who gets downed once the gates are powered.

• cruelb
    cruelb Member Posts: 110

I can make this easy…

I was the one mainly doing gens. I did take protection hits and unhook and heal… there is literally only so much one can do, with also trying to do the objective.

I did make it clear, it wasn't MY play that was the issue. Every escape from chase on that game example included an injury for me.

Your reply, which is always welcomed was more 'victim blaming'. My issue is people working with killer. Just accept the fate and play properly, is that such a big ask.