We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Hex: Entropy

ratcoffee
ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,400

As the survivors try to create order, you force them into greater disorder.

Each time a generator is completed, an unlit totem becomes lit.

For each lit totem with this effect, survivors are affected by a stacking 10% repair speed penalty, and a 10/15/20% penalty to all other action speeds - healing, cleansing, blessing, unlocking chests, and opening exit gates

Comments

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

That would be super busted together with Pentimento, therefore this is a hard no...

I'm all for incentives to cleanse dull totems, but there has to be something else than adding additional Gen time...

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,919

We'd remove cleansing and blessing penalty but are otherwise ok with it. That said, it's likely going to create a similar situation to the Ruin/undying/tinkerer thing. Survivors finish gen, killer guards totem or the survivors break totem, Killer lights penti (cause let's face it, most would run it with penti), survivors do gens with penalty while killer guards totem, or survivors break totem while killer goes off hunting.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,092

I like the idea, but giving it penalties to cleansing speed as well as repair is way too powerful. I think it'd be plenty functional as slowdown if it was just gens and healing.

I'm also a little concerned that the counterplay to this perk is countered by Pentimento, which would guaranteed be brought with it to magnify its effects. Penti already stacks magnificently with hexes that continually light bones and this one offers basically the same effect under different circumstances. Previously you could have said 'do bones' and the killer would get their slowdown either way, but now doing dull totems preemptively lets the killer 5stack Pentimento and completely bork the match.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,117
    edited June 27

What is Hex: Entropy's weakness? Cleansing.

What does Hex: Entropy prevent? Cleansing.

Interesting idea, a bit more time in the oven and the core idea could be pretty sound...

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,782

This is too strong. It’s not like Pentimento where you know where the totems are because you already cleansed them once before. Also, the counterplay is cleansing yet it makes cleansing take longer.

Maybe if it was just 10% penalty to repair and healing (and nothing else) per totem and the totem aura was visible within a short range (maybe 16 meters like Plaything) this would be more fair. But even then it would be really strong with Pentimento so it might not be balanced anyways.

• ratcoffee

I'm willing to concede that the built-in totem protection with decreased cleansing/healing speed is maybe a bit much, but you're missing out on the decreased gate opening speed

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,466

it makes survivor do secondary objectives. it is similar to my old idea with hex:undying to provide secondary objectives.

someone got sick of gen-rushing survivors. so he made a perk to counter gen-rush.

• Archol123

secondary objectives should provide some form of value, and not just be a net buff to the other side… For example gather map pieces to show chest and totem positions, gather a flair gun to show the aura of a generator. Gather pieces of a bnp to apply that on a generator stuff like that, where when you don't do it it does not hurt you, but when you do take the time you get something out of it.

• Devil_hit11

no they shouldn't. hex totems should provide an effect and the punishment for not doing them is the perk. It is just that most hex totems are too easy to remove. at one point i suggested bouncing hexes which could go all the way up to 4+1 cleanse. Perhaps it was a bit too extreme. Maybe it should be 3 hex cleanses. so undying re-ignites itself 2 times.

• Archol123

Sure, but I was not talking about hex totems? But about secondary objectives as its own category?

• Rulebreaker

We missed the gate thing, plz no. We see the next pain in the arse build and tactic...

• ratcoffee

It's more that I got tired of people complaining that the first few gens go so fast, so I created a perk that takes advantage of that fact. Rather than give killers tools to prevent the first few gens, I came up with something that makes the subsequent gens much slower as a direct result. There was even some level of hope that I could get people to start thinking about the ways in which those later gens are already harder to get done even without a perk like this, but maybe my hopes were too high

Well, the main reason was that I wanted to come up with a hex perk that activated whenever a gen got done, but that was the reason for the specific points of my design.

I mean Remember Me adds 24 seconds to gate time and nobody uses that perk, this would only add 10 or 20 seconds depending on numbers

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,693

Remember me has exactly one effect and that's slowing down the exit gates. This perk is already nearly as good as that and it also does 16 other things as well.

This has some pretty massive problems, not the least of which is that even if all it did was the gen speed, it's guaranteeing a minimum of 14 seconds of slowdown for every gen just to cleanse the totem. Which doesn't factor in searching for the totem at all. And that doesn't include the 20% stacking debuff to cleanse speed you tossed in? What?

This is completely busted by itself, and that doesn't even factor in combos like pentimento existing for completely free value.

• Rulebreaker

The thing is penti also has a slow gate effect. We can see various situations of end game fkery.

• Devil_hit11

yes i already suggested this change as base-kit.

Generator time went from 80→90 seconds. This is roughly 10% increase to gen-time in early game. admittedly, it is a less effective in the end game because survivor can stack-up on last 2 gens. at same time, killer 3 gens on the final gen. I personally prefer them to revert Thanatophobia to grant 2/4/6/20% repair speed negative and 5%/10%/15%/20% -healing penalty for each injured survivor. Sloppy butcher already got nerfed with limit time mangled effect so I don't know why thanatophobia is not getting revert.

Thana already artificially does what your perk does. Killer loses first 3 gens building up thana stacks and then survivor can cleanse the debuff by healing(instead of looking for totems).