Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I got blocked by a Huntress in the basement for 21minutes. It is bannable?

Duck
Duck Member Posts: 14
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

I almost never get salty in DBD, every time a friend or someone gets mad I'm like "It's just a game, next one will be fun", I don't get mad cause of camping, or tunneling, I never DC. BUT TODAY, I got the saltiest. So the Huntress hooked someone in the basement in the first minutes of the match, I went down to save them and she blocked the stairs. For 21minutes. The other 2 survs did all gens and destroyed the noed in like 8-9mins. Then one of them landed with us,and the other one escaped. So we were 3 blocked and 1 out of the game. Rest of the time the Huntress just looked up and down, threw a few hatches in the wall, she wasn't even AFK, just keeping us there. I thought we were there for like 30mins but there were just 20mins. It was so frustrating. I couldn't record it, cause I don't have anything installed for that, but I took some screenshots. Do you think I can report them with just screenshots?

Comments

• pastelhatchets
    pastelhatchets Member Posts: 9

im no expert on this, but yes, i do think that's bannable.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

seems like it, preventing people from playing the game by blocking them and not downing/killing them...would say so...means you can't do anything else

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

You needed to report in the game. Question though, did anyone try to get the killer to try to hit you on the stairs. The animation should have allowed you to get past her.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

@EntityDispleased said:
    You can try with screenshots, but it's not solid evidence. Maybe a screenshot of all 3 of you together stuck at the stairs. You also have to have reported them in game, otherwise nothing can be done.

a good idea

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

What's the point of doing that? Just to be a dick...that's the point. I would report that garbage.

• Duck

I reported in the game too, and yea we tried to get hit but she was just staying there. At the end she hit one of us and we all got out

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    It is bannable. If you don't have a recording, please don't create a ticket with screenshots, we cannot accept them as proof. Filing an in-game report will be sufficient.
  • Duck

@Peanits said:
    It is bannable. If you don't have a recording, please don't create a ticket with screenshots, we cannot accept them as proof. Filing an in-game report will be sufficient.

Oh I just did that 2mins ago, I will know next time though. Thank you for your answers

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited January 2019

@Duck said:
    I almost never get salty in DBD, every time a friend or someone gets mad I'm like "It's just a game, next one will be fun", I don't get mad cause of camping, or tunneling, I never DC. BUT TODAY, I got the saltiest. So the Huntress hooked someone in the basement in the first minutes of the match, I went down to save them and she blocked the stairs. For 21minutes. The other 2 survs did all gens and destroyed the noed in like 8-9mins. Then one of them landed with us,and the other one escaped. So we were 3 blocked and 1 out of the game. Rest of the time the Huntress just looked up and down, threw a few hatches in the wall, she wasn't even AFK, just keeping us there. I thought we were there for like 30mins but there were just 20mins. It was so frustrating. I couldn't record it, cause I don't have anything installed for that, but I took some screenshots. Do you think I can report them with just screenshots?

Yes thats bannable, I wonder why you would jump into a basement bodyblocked by a killer though.....
    But without footage, nothing will happen

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Master said:

Actually that's incorrect because even without video they still have heat maps, player movement data etc although a recording simply makes it easier.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Irony: Huntress is one of the few killers that can actually down you before you escape the basement.

• Skairipa
    Skairipa Member Posts: 255

bannable 100% with video recorded obviusly.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

Actually that's incorrect because even without video they still have heat maps, player movement data etc although a recording simply makes it easier.

Do they really have this data? I doubt that tbh
    Weve been told that footage is necessary if you wanna report someone holding the game hostage and AFAIK thats still the case (peanits said the same above)

• powerbats

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

Weve been told that footage is necessary if you wanna report someone holding the game hostage and AFAIK thats still the case (peanits said the same above)

They do have the data but it can be subjective in some cases like the one @peanits commented on where there was still things going on allowing the game to progress.

But in the case of 1 person only being alive and the killer just flat out blocking tm in the basement they've got easy proof in their heat maps and stuff there. In that case there's no question about what's going on with holding the game hostage.

That's how Riot nails people afking in game because they've got all that data about keystrokes, movements etc and what interasctions you're doing. In this case a Killer standing on the stairs blocking someone from moving is pretty obvious.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

They do. It is very lightweight. If you want to see examples of how that data can work, I suggest looking at mission summaries for Armored Core Verdict Day and Let it Die. They record all player and AI movement on the map throughout the mission and it is saved as an actually very small file. 

However, unless it is reported, i doubt they keep the data as specific matches and instead just use them to gather statistics. 
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

@Peanits said:

Does this mean games are now reviewable through the report system and we no longer need a video recording or is it both required?

• powerbats

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Peanits said:

Does this mean games are now reviewable through the report system and we no longer need a video recording or is it both required?

The games have always been reviewable through the report system but for taking the game hostage a video is needed for the more subtle cases. In the case of someone hacking, exploiting, holding the game hostage or working with the killer to farm you a video is important.