DBD Retro Modifier

cruelb
cruelb Member Posts: 110

I played in the first year then left the game until year 4. Year 1 was pretty funny, so…

It could be fun to do a Retro Modifier that bought back the game for a weekend/week in it's original carnation.

Only allow the game as it were at the end of year 1, 2, and so on, to year 4/5. All perks, add-ons, maps and Characters as they were.

It could be set up for FUN, not to prestige… maybe to win charms, leaderboard or something. Forget the blood points…

Plus it would be interesting for those who didn't experience the early days… which were pretty funny.

Comments

• Nightram
    Nightram Member Posts: 144

I like this idea, but I really doub BHVR would do this. Maybe as a temporary game mode. But never hurts to ask

Experiencing the nostalgia days xD

Btw dbd mobile looks like old dbd and has many perks outdated from now

• cruelb

I'm all fingers and thumbs as it is… I think my brain may fall out if I start playing mobile also :)

Def a temp modifier… this game just needs a spruce of fun… you can always laugh at past iterations !

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 914

Imagine the chaos that would start with this.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

Fortnite OG was one hell of a success. I’d imagine there’s a crowd of people that may not prefer old DBD but would like to experience it again. BHVR is sleeping on a total goldmine.

Plus I want to play as old Bubba again. I’m talking holding down that chainsaw and pressing M1 to cancel. Billy backrev as a standalone killer and nothing more. Biggest meme of a killer of all time.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 703

Ah yes, the times when insta-down Killers would facecamp half the time with no way around it if not in a SWF.

The time when beamers could blind Killers near-instantly with the right add-ons.

The time when syringes could instantly heal someone from downed to healthy.

The time when DS meant a guaranteed escape if not used before endgame.

The times when all gen-slowdown perks were still viable against decent Survivors since most of them weren't limited despite offering mediocre value.

The time when 4 BNPs meant the game's length was effectively decided by the Survivors as soon as one gen was done.

The times when Survivors could dip using the Hatch without needing to do all gens.

The time when NOED wasn't a Hex and had no timer.

The time when Nurse could use expose effects.

The time when the hole in the main building of the asylum could be used to softlock the Killer forever.

The time when Self-Care could be so fast with the right build that Survivors could heal faster than the Killer could hit them if carrying a Survivor, enabling infinite bodyblock.

The time when Skull Merchant didn't exist.

The time before "nerf Pig" was a thing.

The time when Eruption caused incap for over 20 seconds. And while SWF could deal with it, SoloQ could not.

Yeah, I went through those periods and I honestly don't miss early-DBD. Imo the game was at it's most stable from 6.1.0 to 7.5.0 (when it started to just go downhill or stagnate every updates with only minor upgrades).

If it did happen, then there shouldn't be rewards/challenges tied to it and it should solely be a nostalgia thing, especially the first 2 years were painful at times.

• cruelb

Agreed, no rewards… just nostalgia and a bit of fun… and it's an optional time limited modifier… so people can experience the good, bad and ugly :)

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

Some of these are right but its 2nd year not 3rd year

Only bubba and billy but imagine trying to saw anyone with vacuum pallets and 2x the windows on op structures

2.0.0 would be just shy of op beamers

Don't forget you could also use it on yourself while going down to tank a hit and be healthy

35% wiggle ds if not obsession but yes very strong free escapes

It would just be thanataphobia (slightly stronger than it is now for the first survivor being injured and affected healing), dying light (25% action speed after obsession is dead), and ruin (which can be broken right at the start with the easy totem spawns and no undying) not quire critical mass yet and basically nothing nowadays that tunneling wouldn't give you in equal pressure (which you would have to do anyway to get dying light value)

True but its ~20s gen bnp not instant bnp

True

Noed was a hex at that time

True but she only had devour and noed

True

True

Removed in 1.0.2 self care was at 50% at that time but heal time might have still been 12s

Thankfully True

Pig didn't exist

Didn't exist yet

Early dbd was, maybe ok, but 1.0.0 to 2.0.0 was a nightmare, then it had a bit of a break then became a nightmare again till around 4.6.0

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 959

Can't really think of any modifier I would want less, but so long as it's a separate queue I guess I can just ignore it.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 703
    edited July 6

I know that all of those were fixed fairly quickly, but the op clearly included the earliest versions (including the tail-end of year 1) in the (theoretical) modifier which was horrendous.

(I was including all time periods for those and the op included up to year 4-5 so Pig did exist at some point).

It was mostly a "why going back isn't a good idea" XD

• cruelb

Modifier… optional… Short term…. Just a bit of retro fun