Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

why do I have to force survivors to leave a lot of the time?

Like I don't get why they wait at exit gates like you win like go already?

Comments

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

WHAT A GOOD QUESTION. As a survivor I usually run out the gate as soon as they're open, because I don't want to make people look around for me, or get in the way of their getting the hatch or something if the killer is on their tail and that's a potential escape route.

Sometimes people wait to make sure they don't need to go back and do any last minute saves. BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST JERKS and want to rub it in your face that they won. Which is weird, because personally, I don't play killer because I expect to win. I'm happy if I get two sacrifices. Like managing to kill TWO people? That's an amazing round for me.

SO STOP HANGING OUT AT THE GATE TO TEABAG. GDAMN.

• Flipkick661
    Flipkick661 Member Posts: 20

I think the issue stems from the fact that the area between the exit gates and the exit are pretty much safe zones for survivors. This allows for toxic behavior such as teabagging and general poor sportsmanship, and I would love to see this change.

Perhaps the devs should consider making these zones unsafe instead? As in anybody in these zones suffer an exposed effect, and perhaps making it so the blocking of the exit for the killer (the entity "wall") also affects survivors? This would mean that if a killer catches survivors in this zone he can down them in one hit, and if they try to crawl out while the killer is close to the exit, they will be blocked, and are able to be picked up and brought to a hook. For balancing the devs could put a time limit on the wall blocking survivors, like a 10 second activation for blocking survivors, followed by a 10 second cooldown where it works as it does now, before it can be retriggered. It should be enough to take down one survivor, but not enough to take out a whole group.

Before the survivor mains all jump in to call this too OP, there are plenty of counters to this. You can still run out of the exit as part of a chase that has started outside of this area, as long as the killer isn't too close, and if your group gets caught in the gate area by the killer, get away from it, go to the other gate, hide or do something besides teabag and emote. The main counter to this would simply be to not hang out at the exit area once the gates are open. Either get out or move away from it.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    I'm also the type that will immediately leave once gate open. The only exception is when it's convenient for me to save someone (like being hooked near a gate).

This reason is why I choose not to play killer until killer gets an endgame give up option. Having to wait until everyone leave just waste a lot of time.
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

You know the answer to this; (some) people = #########.

I'd love to have a timer on the exit gates that only stops when someone is hooked. If no one is hooked, 40 seconds and then the entity blocks the exit, similar to Blood Warden.

That should be more than enough time for everyone to reach the gates and escape.

• Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155

If I see someone injured or getting to hook, usually I wait - except when I have lags because that often means losing connection = dc for me and losing all game. Otherwise I leave.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    The t bagging is the lesser problem. IMO the hatch greed robs more time then necessary and causes a lot of toxicity and salt even between survivors. 

Remove the hatch while the gates are open or the 2k bonus. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Schorts94 said:
    Like I don't get why they wait at exit gates like you win like go already?

Winning is not enough since it has become to easy.
    They wanna make you feel bad that you as the "powerole" didnt manage to kill them

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Because it's a safe zone.
    In some cases people will wait to see if anyone still left in the game needs help making it out like taking hits so they can reach the exit or going back in if someone is hooked. In other cases it's just survivors taunting the killer because they know they're perfectly safe.
    Realistically I think there shouldn't be an area like this, I'd much rather it be a risk to stay and help/taunt.

• Flipkick661
    Flipkick661 Member Posts: 20

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    The t bagging is the lesser problem. IMO the hatch greed robs more time then necessary and causes a lot of toxicity and salt even between survivors. 

Remove the hatch while the gates are open or the 2k bonus. 

I've made the suggestion before in regards to the hatch, that using it should have a drawback. It shouldn't award points when used, but rather deduct them. It should also rob the survivor of their item. That way, the hatch is truly a last solution for getting out alive, rather than a preferrable one.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Bongbingbing said:
    Because it's a safe zone.
    In some cases people will wait to see if anyone still left in the game needs help making it out like taking hits so they can reach the exit or going back in if someone is hooked. In other cases it's just survivors taunting the killer because they know they're perfectly safe.
    Realistically I think there shouldn't be an area like this, I'd much rather it be a risk to stay and help/taunt.

"Horror" game btw :smile:

• Sam_Angel
    Sam_Angel Member Posts: 7

As a survivor main, I only stay after the exit gates are open to lookout for a survivor who might be getting chased and take some protection hits for them. If the killer has been respectable then I'll also consider waiting out the time to allow the killer to hit me out of the exit so they can get some points from me.