Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

When You Sabotage My Hooks ....

.... upon my trying to hang someone, and you do it 4 times, don't get angry when I down you and camp your corpse till you bleed out. Ya, it makes the game boring as Hell, and guess what .... you promoted it. What am I supposed to do? Keep letting you escape while you sabo all the hooks? Meanwhile, 3 other people circle the corpse like it's a goddamn parade; no one does gen's, so im making a decent move, but suddenly im the one who sucks and is called "toxic" for camping.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I just sabotage there match by tunneling them to death

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    Tsulan said:
    Gamzello said:
    Sabotaging hooks is a part of the game. In fact you seem to be the toxic one here lmao.

I’ve seen 2 different killers do this before and I’m not even sure why. You’re wasting your own time, and everyone else’s.

Plus you won’t even get that much BPs so what’s the point exactly? Lmfao.
    Killing survivors is part of the game.
    That's not toxic. 
    Slugging them and literally camping them on the floor until they die which keep in mind takes sometime is part of the game? What an experience. Just put on the hook. More BPs. No toxicity.
  • Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334

use iron grasp or agitation

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

There's a little something called look around before picking up a survivor immediately to look for sabo gods..

• Sinner

Didnt know people can complain about sabo after the huge nerf 2 years ago.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Gamzello said:
    Tsulan said:
    Gamzello said:
    Sabotaging hooks is a part of the game. In fact you seem to be the toxic one here lmao.

I’ve seen 2 different killers do this before and I’m not even sure why. You’re wasting your own time, and everyone else’s.

That's not toxic. 
    Slugging them and literally camping them on the floor until they die which keep in mind takes sometime is part of the game? What an experience. Just put on the hook. More BPs. No toxicity.
    Yes, that's part of the game. 
    If I sabo a hook I don't expect the killer to be kind. Do you?
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Gamzello said:
    Tsulan said:
    Gamzello said:

That's not toxic. 
    Errr.. HOW do you want to hook someone if the hooks are getting sobed? Please don't say hangman's trick, Killer can't waste a slot for this perk.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Swiftblade131 said:
    My Hooky Go Breaky Wakky

My Hammy Go Slappy Bappy

You Stay A Sluggy Wuggy :chuffed:

Genius.

• Gamzello
    Tsulan said:
    Gamzello said:
    Tsulan said:
    Gamzello said:

That's not toxic. 
    Lmao I never said such a thing. No obviously not but there will always be other hooks around you. 
  • Sinner

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Breaking hooks is part of the game, slugging is part of game.

Certain action from the survivors just happens to prompt a certain action from the killer!
    Get over it!

Yup, but he doesn't need to be an ass and come on the forums and be all toxic about it. I find it very rude and unproductive.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Gamzello said:
    Tsulan said:
    Gamzello said:
    Tsulan said:
    Gamzello said:

That's not toxic. 
    Lmao I never said such a thing. No obviously not but there will always be other hooks around you. 
    Not if you sabotaged them.
    Kinda ironic isn't it?
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

While I personally would not go that route, wont say its toxic. Hell, if the other survivors were dancing around the corpse while you camped it, they are encouraging the slugged camping instead of punishing it. In the time it takes to bleed out, they should have at the min 2 gens done.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited January 2019

That has happened to me a few times... I love those moments.. I take the bleed out with pride. It means I rocked you mentally and you've given up.

I'll be smiling with glee as I spin at your feet.

• Gamzello
    Tsulan said:
    Gamzello said:
    Tsulan said:
    Gamzello said:
    Tsulan said:
    Gamzello said:

That's not toxic. 
    Not if you sabotaged them.
    Kinda ironic isn't it?
    So let’s say that all of the hooks nearby have been sabotaged. Would it really give time for the killer to arrive because it does alert them as a loud noise notification once a hook has been sabotaged. The perk itself makes it longer while with toolboxes it makes it a lot faster.

I mean even when I play killer or survivor it’s extremely rare for me to see other people sabotage and there’s always one hook around nearby (or basement).

Plus I think time it takes for hooks to be sabotaged a good 3 minutes to return back. But what’s the point of slugging overall if you can just find other survivors that could be doing generators while you’re camping that slugged person it just doesn’t make any sense to me.
  • Gamzello
    TheBean said:

That has happened to me a few times... I love those moments.. I take the bleed out with pride. It means I rocked you mentally and you've given up.

I'll be smiling with glee as I spin at your feet.

Oh my god JGHGBNN
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@KissyKissy said:
    .... upon my trying to hang someone, and you do it 4 times, don't get angry when I down you and camp your corpse till you bleed out. Ya, it makes the game boring as Hell, and guess what .... you promoted it. What am I supposed to do? Keep letting you escape while you sabo all the hooks? Meanwhile, 3 other people circle the corpse like it's a goddamn parade; no one does gen's, so im making a decent move, but suddenly im the one who sucks and is called "toxic" for camping.

Im fine when someone sabos a random hook on the other side of a map for dailies.
    But when you sabo hooks while I am carrying someone to the hook, then prepare for a sweaty slugging killer.

One thing will be guaranteed, the floor will be red from your blood :smile:

• KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112

@JetTheWaffleCat said:
    There's a little something called look around before picking up a survivor immediately to look for sabo gods..

You dont get it. Let's say I do find a hook in reachable distance; then, the survivor goes to that hook while im carrying the other survivor and sabo's that hook. Now do that over and over. So tell me, what am I supposed to do? Keep picking them up, have them sabo, then the survivor escapes? Im supposed to do this over and over?

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @Peanits said:
    Sounds like an easy escape to me. That gives the other survivors plenty of time to finish generators while the downed guy slowly crawls to an exit gate. Then you either gotta' pick them off while three people bodyblock or watch them crawl out.

Personally I would just chase the guy sabotaging and hook them so they can't break the hooks, that seems way more productive.
    Most people are driven by their emotions rather than logic :)
  • KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112

@Gamzello said:

I just told you why. The killer is unable to hook anyway. It is literally impossible when they use this strategy.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@KissyKissy said:

@JetTheWaffleCat said:

You dont get it. Let's say I do find a hook in reachable distance; then, the survivor goes to that hook while im carrying the other survivor and sabo's that hook. Now do that over and over. So tell me, what am I supposed to do? Keep picking them up, have them sabo, then the survivor escapes? Im supposed to do this over and over?

drop the survivor your carrying and beat the sabo to death

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204

I mean they arent counterplaying it. The best way to punish you for camping is to do gens. You would probably de-rank for the constant loss of points for hook proximity but these guys were too stupid to punish you. Instead they would rather call you out on it.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    Peanits said:
    Sounds like an easy escape to me. That gives the other survivors plenty of time to finish generators while the downed guy slowly crawls to an exit gate. Then you either gotta' pick them up while three people bodyblock or watch them crawl out.

Personally I would just chase the guy sabotaging and hook them so they can't break the hooks, that seems way more productive.
    One day I tunneled the living ######### out of a Laurie who kept 99% every hook to deny me hooking people. If one guy does it I tunnel them out of my match so I can play normally the rest of my match. The issue comes with swf sabo squads, really annoying to verse.
    Do you watch YouTube content of DbD? Take a look into Marth88's or montos sabo squads video. Quite funny to watch but I can feel the pain and suffering of the Killers who versed them.
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    I honestly can't believe you are all arguing about this.
    If you sabo the killer might slug you for revenge or he might hook you and try to kill you for revenge.
    It is not bad manners or against the rules or even a toxic strategy.
    These are perfectly fine ways to approach the game.
    Do what you like it is not a problem for anyone.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    @KissyKissy
    People will tell you to do this or that to counter and may not be wrong, but hindsight is always 20/20 and loadouts can't change in game.
    You did the right thing given your circumstance. At some point in the match you have to make the call as to whether its better to continue or just forces down the cause. If your being denied repeatedly then there really is no point in continuing in that manner. Best case is that you get your target and still have time for atleast one more. I'd take the satisfaction of denying one tbaging exit over bp anyday.
  • JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@KissyKissy said:

@JetTheWaffleCat said:

drop the survivor your carrying and beat the sabo to death

Slugging's always a good option!

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited January 2019

@KissyKissy said:

Have you ever gone in as survivor with the sole purpose of sabo'ing the way you described? Try it a few times and tell me how well you do with it.

It takes timing. So you go around.. hit some hooks to 99% in an area of the map. Usually choose near doors. So you usually need to hit the 3 or 4 near one another cause there is no point hitting just 1, since the killer could simply take the survivor to another close by hook. This whole time you aren't on gens. Maybe you pick off a couple dull totems as you jump from hook to hook.

Now the fun part... You have to be in the area, where someone is being chased and downed. You need to be close by aswell, since the killer could have downed the survivor near the 99% hook. Now you need to run up, hopefully not get hit in the process and break the hook.

So... The majority of the time when you are trying to pull this off, you aren't working on a gen.

So what do you want?.. Someone who focuses on getting gens done or someone who goofs on the match trying to get that lucky sabo off? And I mean lucky, cause most of the time, you'll never be in the right spot in order to get to that hook and break it in time.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

More sabo moaning, feelsbadman.

I enjoy those matches, an actual challenge as a killer

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

@Gamzello said:

Sabotaging a hook is part of the game, but sabotaging every hook up to 99% to break it as the killer goes for the sacrifice is provoking and rather toxic. If you're tunneled and camped you probably deserved it a bit.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Gamzello said:

How are they wasting time if nobody is doing gens?

@Gamzello said:
    Tsulan said:

Gamzello said:

That's not toxic. 

Slugging them and literally camping them on the floor until they die which keep in mind takes sometime is part of the game? What an experience. Just put on the hook. More BPs.

Which hook? You forgot they are sabotaged? lol

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@DwightsLifeMatters said:

Errr.. HOW do you want to hook someone if the hooks are getting sobed? Please don't say hangman's trick, Killer can't waste a slot for this perk.

It's actually a really good perk when you see 2 or more toolboxes because you let them sabo the hook drop the person and patrol around. They waste time trying to bait you to leave so they can go in for a quick rez, hook re-spawns you hook said victim.

Then guess what you've got a target rich environment close to the hooked person and if they get unhooked when you're close well there's a fresh victim again.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    powerbats said:

It's actually a really good perk when you see 2 or more toolboxes because you let them sabo the hook drop the person and patrol around. They waste time trying to bait you to leave so they can go in for a quick rez, hook re-spawns you hook said victim.

Then guess what you've got a target rich environment close to the hooked person and if they get unhooked when you're close well there's a fresh victim again.

Or they use the toolboxes to genrush and you stand their wasted this perk for nothing while you could have used another perk to counter the genrush. 
  • Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

when i sabbotage hooks....i grin.....

• Gamzello
    Gamzello said:
    Tsulan said:
    Gamzello said:

That's not toxic. 
    Find another hook? Do survivors actually go around sabotaging hooks anymore like I hardly ever see that tbh. I play solo with randoms so I’m not sure.
  • scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356
    edited January 2019

@Peanits said:
    Sounds like an easy escape to me. That gives the other survivors plenty of time to finish generators while the downed guy slowly crawls to an exit gate. Then you either gotta' pick them up while three people bodyblock or watch them crawl out.

Sabo was seriously buffed recently and survivors can fully sabo a hook in the time it takes a killer to pick up a survivor and walk to it. Then the killer has to look around for another hook, which usually are not close by, and hope the survivor doesn't wiggle off before they get there, or that the other survivors don't once again sabo the hook they are walking toward. I feel like people are totally misunderstanding the situation that is described here. It's not talking about just saboing random hooks and the killer getting unlucky and being near one that was saboed, it's talking about saboing a hook in front of the killer as they are walking toward it with a survivor on their shoulder. This absolutely happens. Watch OhTofu do SWF sabo squad on Twitch to see an extreme example of what we are talking about. That said, in these instances, slugging is definitely a better strategy than just letting them wiggle off and run back to their team. Either they will bleed out and die or their team has to waste time going to pick them up and heal them.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

The amount of killers and survivors getting butthurt over mechanics is unreal in DBD. This is by far the most pathetic community I have ever come across.

• powerbats

powerbats said:

Or they use the toolboxes to genrush and you stand their wasted this perk for nothing while you could have used another perk to counter the genrush. 

Then you still get a kill while they gen rush you or you whine about it like now and get gen rushed and get no kills. I manage to run it when I choose to and still can get 2k usually and if you're losing in 3 minutes that's on you.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    powerbats said:

powerbats said:

Then you still get a kill while they gen rush you or you whine about it like now and get gen rushed and get no kills. I manage to run it when I choose to and still can get 2k usually and if you're losing in 3 minutes that's on you.

That's bullshit. Watch Marth88's depip squad. 
    Got to tru3ta1ents channel NOW he uploaded a video where you can see what survivors can do if they play optimal. 
    If you never get genrushed it doesn't mean you are to good for this game. It just shows that you usually encounter potatoe survivors. Period.
  • powerbats

That's bullshit. Watch Marth88's depip squad. 
    Got to tru3ta1ents channel NOW he uploaded a video where you can see what survivors can do if they play optimal. 
    If you never get genrushed it doesn't mean you are to good for this game. It just shows that you usually encounter potatoe survivors. Period.

No what you're posting is cow patties, since the depip squad experiment is over a year old, the games improved for killers. Then there's the fact that those were 4 pro caliber players each with several k hours played.

Then add in the fact that they even admitted they were going against baby killers aka killers doing dailies on killers they didn't know how to play.

You just totally lost all credibility and now i know you're just trying to troll since it was already pointed out to you he was playing perkless and addon less as a Doctor and he played BADLY.

Ah yes the typical troll excuse when you can't refute make up excuses line that you fought potatoes, it's never you were good. You again lose any credibility with that excuse since it just proves you don't even believe what you say and are just grasping at straws now.

To use your own logic against you Marth isn't a very good killer when he 4k's because he's obviously facing potatoes. Monto when he did over 100 straight games and 4k'd in all 100 games straight was obviously facing potatoes then using your logic.

If we take your logic further than anytime any killer gets more than 2k at any rank it's because they were facing potatoes.

I'll leave you to the other people that're highly experienced with killers to get laughs out that logic.