Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So question about the key and hatch

Just had a match where a survivor popped the hatch with a key, jumped in. Next survivor tried it and i caught her. And the hook was litterally next to the, hatch is it camping when that hatch is open and your just there watching the hatch?

Comments

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

lol, when the hatch is open and you're just standing there, yes, that is camping. The best thing a survivor can do to prevent this camping standoff is to go pop the last generators, then if the killer still is camping the hatch, just go out a gate.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    I wouldnt call it camping like camping a hook or the hatch at the end of a game in that scenario as you are waiting on it closing.

You are simply trying to stop them from escaping before the gens are done which is what any normal killer would do imo.
  • Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    edited January 2019

lol, when the hatch is open and you're just standing there, yes, that is camping. The best thing a survivor can do to prevent this camping standoff is to go pop the last generators, then if the killer still is camping the hatch, just go out a gate.

So with the hatch open by a key both survivors still alive and hatch is less then 7 paces away, is camping, got it. Note taken
    *edit: alboet i agree on the hatch stand off, i meant is it techincally camping the survivor if that hatch is right there and the survivors still on hook?
  • Dokta_Carter
    I wouldnt call it camping like camping a hook or the hatch at the end of a game in that scenario as you are waiting on it closing.

You are simply trying to stop them from escaping before the gens are done which is what any normal killer would do imo.
    Yeah soon as it was closed i checked the gens.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Dokta_Carter said:
    Just had a match where a survivor popped the hatch with a key, jumped in. Next survivor tried it and i caught her. And the hook was litterally next to the, hatch is it camping when that hatch is open and your just there watching the hatch?

If you are standing still, then its technically camping, no matter where you are.
    Who cares though? :smile:

• Dokta_Carter
    Master said:

@Dokta_Carter said:

If you are standing still, then its technically camping, no matter where you are.
    Who cares though? :smile:

Just wondering if it constitutes as tocic camping or not?