Just finished the reveal live stream. My thoughts

wydyadoit
wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

Very interested in Croft. Will probably buy her with my next check. Will need to see how many voicelines she has because those really help with selling the character for me. Truth be told I'm not a buyer of cosmetics, but I'm not opposed to them. Curious to see if Playstation can be convinced to have Nathan drake be an alternative skin available for all systems. And maybe Indiana Jones if their license owner could be convinced to a partnership. After all they're all similar. A bit disappointed that the team didn't argue for the opportunity to create her iconic swan dive into the hatch. The perks looks okay. Just wish she was introducing a new mechanic, gameplay element, or item instead of just being a base game build with vaults and chests.

Will probably combine her 2 chest perks with ace in the hole and plunderer instinct. Maybe do her vault perk on a dance with me build. I don't know if her brand new part mechanic is able to combo with other generator permanent progress perks, but would be interesting to use her with sable's basement invocation. Speaking of invocation - hoping to see another one of those types soon. Maybe a male this time.

The 2v8 game mode reveal has my brain literally on fire with gameplay concept ideas for the future of DbD. Honestly, never expected this direction, but I'm excited to see how it goes. I actually can't help but imagine an alternative reality where DbD has roles instead of perks as the main gameplay. That's seriously a tough choice. I want both, but probably wouldn't play both as they are. Maybe meet in the middle by adding roles to the perk system by removing perk slot 4 and replacing it with a role option? That might actually be pretty cool. And I could still get my adepts. Either way I have to play it to see.

The tome looks cool. I hope the free track has complete outfits. Forgot to look when I got on earlier. Will check later, but it makes it feel less scummy when the outfits on the free track are complete. Even if I only get 1 killer and 1 survivor of the complete set. The shards definitely make me feel more rewarded than blood points or icons and charms. More likely to grind for shard by far. Wish I could also get a few free premium currency for getting so many level on it. Even if it was just like $1 or $0.50 after conversion. The chance to earn a free licensed skin or character would be somewhat addicting.

The readjusted grid to 4 wide is cool. Just hate that I still don't have the option to turn off the cursor stickiness on console. Please add the option. I've played controller for so long that I have developed the skills necessary to manipulate a cursor unassisted. If stick drift is the concern then just add a dead zone modifier in the menus. The grippyness prevents fluid transitions and optimal on the fly build and menu navigation.