Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors, whats the difference?

Ray_Penber
Ray_Penber Member Posts: 94
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
I wanted to talk about how there really is no difference between one survivor over the other. They all have the same abilities. Playing Jake, Dwight, Meg, or Jeff is the same as playing Kate, Nea, Ace, David, or any other character. The only difference is their perks they start with. Once you unlocked them all for everyone then what's the point in having the different survivors. The killers are similar, but they all have a unique power that cannot be learned by the others. Why can't survivors have something like that. I guess claudette does have her camouflage so there is a reason to use her to some degree. She still has the same stats as everyone else. Same equipment and addons, same running speed, same offerings, etc. It literally comes down to which survivors look you like the most. I find that boring. Devs please give me a reason to choose one survivor over the other. Maybe give them stats or unique abilities outside of what they already possess. That is what I would like to see. What's everyone else thoughts one this?

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Let Dwight's face scare killers away.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    Let David's body makes me dead hard.
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Let Nea kill survivors.

• JLew
    JLew Member Posts: 160
    Let megs legs be the size of an olympic speed skater.  So her teabagging leaves permanent divots on the ground
  • IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Some people say that there the survivors have different hitboxes but I'm not sure about it and I don't know if anyone texted it properly, David King have the biggest hitbox and Laurie Strode or Feng Min the smallest.
    Also, some survivors hide better than others, Claudette is the queen as everybody know.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    1 good reason? Here is a few.

Cosmetics.

Testing perks before you make them teachable. 

The fact that the instant that survivors have any real inherent bonuses some jackass will message you and demand you switch characters to fit their meta, and that garbage can ######### outtahere. 
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    PigNRun said:

Let Kate's booty lead us to the exit gates.

You speak the truth.
    Keep doing it, my son.
  • NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

@Milord said:
    Let David's body makes me dead hard.

that already happening

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    IamFran said:

Some people say that there the survivors have different hitboxes but I'm not sure about it and I don't know if anyone texted it properly, David King have the biggest hitbox and Laurie Strode or Feng Min the smallest.
    Also, some survivors hide better than others, Claudette is the queen as everybody know.

All Survivors have the same hitboxes. Confirmed by devs during a stream in which they talked about Huntress hatchets.
  • TangledHelix
    TangledHelix Member Posts: 89
    edited January 2019

Well the male characters always seem way too big to me? Like for example if I were to hide behind a box as Meg I would be fully covered but if I was someone like Dwight you could still see the top of my head.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

All Survivors are just skins but I'm ok with that I like them.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214

@Rebel_Raven said:

Cosmetics.

The fact that the instant that survivors have any real inherent bonuses some jackass will message you and demand you switch characters to fit their meta, and that garbage can [BAD WORD] outtahere. 

That last one right there. If, for example, Jake worked on generators faster than the others (just an example), or Claudette could heal faster, why wouldn't you choose them for someone like Dwight, who can enter lockers completely silently even when running into them, or Min, who is a giant neon sign saying HERE I AM and having one more escape attempt on a hook without a perk (these are just examples, I'm bad at thinking of how to make them unique.)

If everyone was different, the game would be even MORE toxic than it currently is. If you want to play a specific Survivor because you like how they look, say Adam or Kate, but their ability is nowhere near as good as anyone else, you WILL be told to switch, you WILL be hunted by your "friends", and they WILL NOT help you. Do you know why? Because you didn't want to play the Survivor they told you to play because they are "better"!

I have no problem playing who I WANT to play because they look cool. Besides, you can just run different perk set ups on each Survivor, and voila! You have a unique character.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

Cosmetics.

The fact that the instant that survivors have any real inherent bonuses some jackass will message you and demand you switch characters to fit their meta, and that garbage can [BAD WORD] outtahere. 
    Nothing more needs to be said.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Ray_Penber said:
    I wanted to talk about how there really is no difference between one survivor over the other. They all have the same abilities. Playing Jake, Dwight, Meg, or Jeff is the same as playing Kate, Nea, Ace, David, or any other character. The only difference is their perks they start with. Once you unlocked them all for everyone then what's the point in having the different survivors. The killers are similar, but they all have a unique power that cannot be learned by the others. Why can't survivors have something like that. I guess claudette does have her camouflage so there is a reason to use her to some degree. She still has the same stats as everyone else. Same equipment and addons, same running speed, same offerings, etc. It literally comes down to which survivors look you like the most. I find that boring. Devs please give me a reason to choose one survivor over the other. Maybe give them stats or unique abilities outside of what they already possess. That is what I would like to see. What's everyone else thoughts one this?

No difference eh?

vs

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    Do you want me to be properly honest there's two types of survivors when it comes to who you pick in my opinion.

The first one is anybody that plays Claudette or Adam. They play them because with the right clothing you'll blend into any map. Seriously there's a reason why people consider those two Ninjas but then again this feet could be completed with any dark clothes on any Survivor.

The second type of survivors are usually the ones that I preferred to save just to be a meat Shield. These are the neons. These are the Psychopaths that for some reason think it's okay to have neon color clothing that's a beacon to dark colors
  • Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Claudette has the hidden stealth trait.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

Dwight brings the sexy. Everyone else is just filler. Except for Nea. She brings the ugly.